IA on a limited budget

By Herr Style, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

1 minute ago, Herr Style said:

Thanks for all the input! I’m thinking of starting in June on Father’s Day buying the following in this order: -

Imperial Assault Core set

Everything else

😁

You can probably skip Weiss.

Mission accomplished! I am now the proud owner of Imperial Assault! On a whim, I also got Han Solo, IG-88 and Hired Guns. Didn’t want to go too OTT on my first purchase.

May have to wait until Father’s Day to get it, but I have plenty of other things going on anyway. 😁

On 5/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Herr Style said:

Mission accomplished! I am now the proud owner of Imperial Assault! On a whim, I also got Han Solo, IG-88 and Hired Guns. Didn’t want to go too OTT on my first purchase.

May have to wait until Father’s Day to get it, but I have plenty of other things going on anyway. 😁

One of us! One of us!

By the way, since you bought IG, you might want to pick up the Jawa. They include a skirmish fix for IG that's pretty much required if you want to get the most out of him.

18 minutes ago, Jaric256 said:

By   the way, since you bought IG, you might want to pick up the Jawa.

Saw this, and definitely on my list to get! For aesthetic reasons, I am thinking (well into the future now) of getting Chewy, Reb Troopers, Royal Guard and Saboteurs next or do they not appear that much in the Core Campaign? Been advised not to get General Weiss.

Rebel ally appearances are always spotty, although the "generic" allies tend to appear in the story missions of the later campaigns.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, Herr Style said:

Been advised not to get General Weiss.

*** Small spoiler ahead***

If you do not like to play with tokens instead of figures, AND you want to play original campaign, I would definitely buy General Weiss.

He is useless otherwise

12 hours ago, Jarema said:

*** Small spoiler ahead***

If you do not like to play with tokens instead of figures, AND you want to play original campaign, I would definitely buy General Weiss.

He is useless otherwise

I hate playing with tokens, but I skipped Weiss. I always just used the regular AT ST any time he was used. I can’t remember both of them being used in a mission. Weiss’s mini does look cool, but on a budget I think your money is better spent elsewhere.

2 hours ago, totalnoob said:

I hate playing with tokens, but I skipped Weiss. I always just used the regular AT ST any time he was used. I can’t remember both of them being used in a mission. Weiss’s mini does look cool, but on a budget I think your money is better spent elsewhere.

yes, that's a fact. It can be replaced. I think that it is just my quirk that I wanted to have every figure represented by itself...

And, anyway, I just planned to get everything for the IA in the long run. I even own stormtroopers pack.

Edited by Jarema

There's a token for Weiss, so if you ever have both AT-ST and Weiss at the same time, you have a solution.

(I have everything anyway.)