What characters do we want to see?

By HirumaShigure, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Elladan and Elrohir, each focusing on a different aspect: maybe one more offensive, the other defensive? With a stat or scouting bonus if they are near each other? A translation from their LCG character cards.

Have fun.

Rohan... Eowyn, Eomer, Erkenbrand.

Beornings... and lossoths!

I'd like a cast of new characters, similar to the ones they created for MEQ.

Let's have fun exploring Middle-Earth with a B-team of unknown adventurers while the big names save the world.

Elena is a good start. She's kinda cool. Also, a new Hobbit; perhaps a female, and a new Dúnedain, kinda like Beravor.

Otherwise, i'd like Éowyn, Faramir and Boromir.

Edited by Shirys

A Lossoth character would be super cool. I've had expected one in the lcg but now that hope seems to be fading over time as we're nowhere near that region any more.

Edited by HirumaShigure

Stating the obvious: Gandalf

Gotta be Eowyn and Beorn, and of course Gandalf (start off Grey)

I hope to only see Gandalf in the form of a temporary ally. I can't even imagine him being a playable character that i try to collect xp for.

Maybe we could still have Gandalf but he causes more threat per turn if he's in your party? 4 instead of the normal 2?

Gandalf as a PC would be awesome, but maybe they'll just have him be the one sending you on your missions

The FFG unboxing video briefly touched on Gandalf and future heroes.

They basically said that the location (Eriador I think?) of the first campaign lent itself to certain heroes/races being the initial heroes.

Rohirrim and Gondorians not so much, so we could expect them in future expansions with campaigns geographically centered closer to their lands.

As for Gandalf; Power level was a key factor. Also, mechanically they were thinking about focusing on core basic hero mechanics. (Implications that a hero Gandalf may have special or unique mechanics in the future...)

The current "window" for timelines appears to be sometime between the end of the Hobbit and the beginning of the Lord of the Rings. As such, characters that are dead or "not active" at this time probably won't show up.

As for possible heroes would could see, in no particular order (also, some of these are here because they could be alive... Not because they should be active heroes);

Elves:
Glorfindel
Haldir
Elladan
Elrohir
Arwen

Rohirrim:
Eowyn
Eomer
Theodred

Other:
Beorn
Brand (son of Bain, son of Bard)

Gondorian:
Faramir
Mablung
Boromir
Imrahil

Dwarves:
Dwalin
Dori
Nori
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur

Galadriel: She would have a special rule that she does not adventure, the adventure comes to her! 😁

On 3/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, Majushi said:

The current "window" for timelines appears to be sometime between the end of the Hobbit and the beginning of the Lord of the Rings. As such, characters that are dead or "not active" at this time probably won't show up.

As for possible heroes would could see, in no particular order (also, some of these are here because they could be alive... Not because they should be active heroes);

Elves:
Glorfindel
Haldir
Elladan
Elrohir
Arwen

Rohirrim:
Eowyn
Eomer
Theodred

Other:
Beorn
Brand (son of Bain, son of Bard)

Gondorian:
Faramir
Mablung 
Boromir
Imrahil 

Dwarves:
Dwalin 
Dori
Nori
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur

All interesting character choices aside from any they choose to create themselves.

All of them.

jme01_hero-spread_beravor.png

If Beravor is anything to go by, we may see her companions also:

image.jpeg.3226f44bbb4e41a082fcf6f58177b249.jpeg image.jpeg.502be0e971edb82073267e303f58b9fb.jpeg image.jpeg.96b027e768845466637fc6884790d5a5.jpeg image.jpeg.4e6d63fe0204154f6ca2ff66afdb6ac6.jpeg

Edited by King_Balrog

I don't know about you but I want Radagast the brown

radagast-ajtr.jpg

1 hour ago, King_Balrog said:

Haha! That one's a custom card! Beravor, this fellow, and the other heroes in your post above were all first featured in Middle-earth Quest.

1 hour ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Haha! That one's a custom card! Beravor, this fellow, and the other heroes in your post above were all first featured in Middle-earth Quest.

Never played it but I did research Beravor a tiny bit.

Well so be it. Just happened to notice Beravor is featured in multiple games. So it would make sense for others to do the same here.

Edited by King_Balrog

Beorn in bear form...but would love a human form as well. Eomer mounted on Firefoot and probably Gildor.

Tom Bombadil!

Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin!

I'm wondering if we can expect any "Saga" campaign expansions. I know we can't have the whole fellowship as PCs but we could have Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli with 4 Hobbits represented as "allies" or cards that need to protected or offer special abilities. Just imagine the 4 Hobbits from the fellowship adventuring through the Shire, Old Forest, Barrow-Downs, Bree, etc. Lots of potential there.

Added as a hero: Bill the Pony

I don't know how Lord of the rings/the hobbit saga expansions would work. Journeys in Middle Earth is a "fail forward" type of game and that would present some issues. What if Frodo never escaped the ringwraiths on weather top? what if Bilbo got burned up by Smaug in the Lonely Mountain? I fail to see how this game would incorporate this into a campaign other than every adventure having the warning "if you lose this adventure you lose the campaign". I do want them to do a Lord of the rings/the hobbit saga expansion but I fail to see how that would work.

You are all wrong, sorry. The answer we were looking for here, is Tom Bombadil! 🙃

5 hours ago, woodland_elf_504 said:

I don't know how Lord of the rings/the hobbit saga expansions would work. Journeys in Middle Earth is a "fail forward" type of game and that would present some issues. What if Frodo never escaped the ringwraiths on weather top? what if Bilbo got burned up by Smaug in the Lonely Mountain? I fail to see how this game would incorporate this into a campaign other than every adventure having the warning "if you lose this adventure you lose the campaign". I do want them to do a Lord of the rings/the hobbit saga expansion but I fail to see how that would work.

The fail forward from weathertop could be Frodo getting stabbed and almost dying...

bilbos fail forward with Smaug is the dragon going on a rampage through lake town...