Star Wars Resistance

By thestag, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Is anyone watching this? I remember some chatter when it was released (maybe this forum, maybe another), but no mention of it since then.

I saw a commercial for it when my kids were watching something. That character looks just like Ezra, which just makes me want to watch some Rebels.

I probably won't watch it, the sequel era has yet to pique my interest. I haven't found either movie very inspiring and the few other pieces of media I've perused haven't been able to draw me in.

So if you're watching this, are you enjoying it? If you're not watching it, why not?

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good show. First season is slow, basically an entire-season introduction. It is definitely aimed towards a younger audience, but it has gotten some chuckles out of me. This current season is really climactic and worth the watch.

It has a lot of backstory to many characters in the sequels, but also a lot of new faces. I personally don't like BB-8, but he's one of the main characters so there's that. I do like Poe, however, and he makes several appearances throughout the show.

If you don't like the sequels, watching this with your kids would probably make you sympathetic to the Disney era. It's not bad.

7.2/10 Not Bad

I've seen the first few episodes, but am looking to binge the rest soon.

It's fine. The trailer didn't really sell me, but what I've seen seems okay so far.

I've heard the latter half of the season gets a lot better too, and sets up for a much more interesting season 2- both of which seem to fall pretty in line with what Rebels did.

9 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

It is definitely aimed towards a younger audience ...

My kids are 4 and 6. I've tried to get them into Rebels, but they haven't been into it. I don't know if I could watch it with them yet, but I appreciate the review and will probably give it go this summer.

I just finished the first season with my kids today. Not as good as Rebels but it has it's moments. Some pretty cool stories and a fun end to the season which makes me want to see where they take it in the future. I agree that it's aimed at a younger audience. Not much I really dislike about it except Neeku.

We haven't seen the Clone Wars yet but now I kinda want to watch that in the hopes that it will be more like Rebels. If I hadn't been watching Resistance with my kids I probably wouldn't have gotten through the slow episodes. With the kids though, good fun.

Also, Pyre looks pretty cool and so does the red pilot, whatever his name is.

4 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

I just finished the first season with my kids today. Not as good as Rebels but it has it's moments. Some pretty cool stories and a fun end to the season which makes me want to see where they take it in the future. I agree that it's aimed at a younger audience. Not much I really dislike about it except Neeku.

We haven't seen the Clone Wars yet but now I kinda want to watch that in the hopes that it will be more like Rebels. If I hadn't been watching Resistance with my kids I probably wouldn't have gotten through the slow episodes. With the kids though, good fun.

Also, Pyre looks pretty cool and so does the red pilot, whatever his name is.

Clone Wars is interesting. Some really good episodes, but also a lot of filler.

I'd also suggest looking for the chronological watch order. The episodes aired totally out of order for some reason- and it doesn't seem to be in a Pulp Fiction-style artistic decision, either.

In fact, I've found the chronological order is by far the more enriching experience.

6 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Clone Wars is interesting. Some really good episodes, but also a lot of filler.

I'd also suggest looking for the chronological watch order. The episodes aired totally out of order for some reason- and it doesn't seem to be in a Pulp Fiction-style artistic decision, either.

In fact, I've found the chronological order is by far the more enriching experience.

Clone Wars was originally made to be an anthology, but Dave realized pretty early on that it didn't make a whole lot of sense, especially to an audience of 9-14 year-olds. You can find lists of chronological order online; it makes it a little more enjoyable to watch but there are also good reasons to watch Clone Wars in airing order, like the Rookies story arc and its prequel. If you do watch in airing order, just , make sure to remember that a character who died last episode might be in the next one and that isn't weird at all. 😅

There is a lot of filler, but there is also a lot of lore that is referenced in the new canon which is really cool. Like who Saw Gerrera is and why Rex didn't execute Order 66. You also find out why Obi Wan goes by Ben Kenobi on Tatooine.

12 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

We haven't seen the Clone Wars yet...

What?! Why would you watch Rebels before Clone Wars? It's not really that big of a deal, I just grew up watching Clone Wars so to me Rebels is an afterthought.

1 hour ago, GuillotineTE said:

What?! Why would you watch Rebels before Clone Wars? It's not really that big of a deal, I just grew up watching Clone Wars so to me Rebels is an afterthought.

If we're assuming that what we grew up watching is the best... well, let's just say I don't know if I can completely agree with that in my case :lol:

MV5BZWZmNzZmYjItN2M2OC00NWZhLWI0N2ItMmY1

Hahaha now I'm reading the IMDB page for that show, only to discover that the villain in some of the episodes was named "Kybo Ren".

Hmmmmm.... maybe we've been looking for episode IX spoilers in the wrong places.... ;)

29 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

the villain in some of the episodes was named "Kybo Ren".

I know, someone was saying they were still waiting for their Kylo Ren figure a while back... I'm still waiting for Kybo Ren. AND Yota. And a whole slew of Ewogs and Scout Droopers. I guess we'll have to wait for the Entor/Tagobah box.

10 hours ago, GuillotineTE said:

Clone Wars was originally made to be an anthology, but Dave realized pretty early on that it didn't make a whole lot of sense, especially to an audience of 9-14 year-olds. You can find lists of chronological order online; it makes it a little more enjoyable to watch but there are also good reasons to watch Clone Wars in airing order, like the Rookies story arc and its prequel. If you do watch in airing order, just , make sure to remember that a character who died last episode might be in the next one and that isn't weird at all. 😅

There is a lot of filler, but there is also a lot of lore that is referenced in the new canon which is really cool. Like who Saw Gerrera is and why Rex didn't execute Order 66. You also find out why Obi Wan goes by Ben Kenobi on Tatooine.

That's fair.

I have watched the series in both orders, so I can see where you're coming from. Stuff like Rookies does pay off all right in the airing order- it's a fantastic intro to those characters (and a surprisingly good episode for season 1, hold up among the best in the series).

I guess personally, though, it just felt more natural to me to follow the events in order. Clone Wars is a pretty long and sprawling series, and it was a lot easier to keep stuff straight when it wasn't told in beehive fashion.