The next Flop ?

By magicrealm, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

7 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

my biggest gripe is the battle map tiles. They look terrible compared to the other tiles making me wonder if battle is an after thought with too much focus on travel.

They don't look great, I agree.

I suspect there will be plenty of tokens in the box that will be used as obstacles/scenery to enhance the battle maps. (Similar to how Gloomhaven does it I think)

There could be potential here for players to upgrade their experience by printing or buying 3d scenery to complement the game.

Edited by Majushi
17 hours ago, Majushi said:

There could be potential here for players to upgrade their experience by printing or buying 3d scenery to complement the game.

Indeed. Once we know more about the game, I'll be designing some 3D printed accessories.

Just watched the video of FFG playing a scenario. I take back some of what I said about the battle tiles. I thought all battles took place there and there would not be barriers.

The only other gripe is how many events there are when moving to a new space. There was almost alawys an event which kind of detracted from actual events that meant something. Like receiving emails today vs a hand written letter. Events are like emails in this game from the looks of it.

Link to video of the FFG session. The music gets turned off early on, but the players try way too hard to show how buddy buddy everyone is and how their character is awesome. That dies down after a while to a bearrable watch.