Mixing beginner Game characters

By Oldmike1, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I picked up this and the F&D beginner games and was wondering if the F&D ones will work in this?

the idea is to run this and the follow up then have players make characters after they see how the rules work

No reason why they won't. But you may want to re-skin the encounter in the F&D beginner game and use it to introduce the Force mechanics, since the EOTE beginner game doesn't have any discussion of the Force (or more pertinently for your players, how it works).

It's been a little while since I read the F&D beginner game, but I think it was the encounter where they fell into a pit? Individual pits? They could use sense, move, or enhance(?) to either find a way out, grab a rope, or jump out? Like I said, it's been a minute. But you could run the same thing during the Mos Shuuta Escape, just add an encounter where they get chased into the slagworks, or fall into a tapped out tunnel near them, and just play out the exact same scenario.

Also @Oldmike1 , I forget the stats of the weapons but I think two the characters from the F&D game have lightsabers of some kind? If the lightsabers have breach you might want to toss a couple more bad guys at them each combat, because breach effectively strips away all personal soak, or at least have another detachment of guards ready if they slice through the opposition too quickly (because lightsabers draw attention, obviously).