Northshore (Saugus) Massachusetts

By Icyobi, in Organized Play

Hello Northshore Legionaires!

Thanks for coming out to Doubles Day! It’s much appreciated and I hope that you enjoyed our second Legion event of the year and I also hope that its helping to build an active Legion game community that you want to be apart of. If it isn’t then please by all means let me know how we can improve and what you might like to see in addition to or instead of what we’ve done so far!

Registration for The Canto Bight Classic ends on Sunday March 3rd at midnight(TONIGHT!), so that opponents can be bracketed for the first round and games can start to be played by the 4th. To register just send an e-mail to [email protected] | It is $5 at the time of your first game to help pay for the prize support.

In case you haven’t heard, the Canto Bight Classic is a league we will be playing through March and likely into the first week of April. Four matches, starting at 500 points and ending at 1200 that are meant to harness the madness of March. After being paired it will be up to opponents to schedule their match for the week with a deadline of Sunday Night so that pairings can go out each Monday morning.

The basic rules for the over-all tournament being winners receive 20 points and losers receive 10 points. Simple right? Well the madness comes in with your bid. In case you don’t know what a bid is, it's the points under the total that your list comes to. (I.E. if the match is supposed to be 500 points, and your list is only 480, your bid is 20 points.)

In addition to the points players receive for winning, they also receive what their bid is in victory points or they can choose to risk their bid and victory points for a chance to achieve double the points by wagering their bid on other player’s matches.

This is a mechanism to help everyone stay in contention throughout the league and promote playing all the way until the end!

Game 1 is to be played on a 3x3 with the deployment to be battle-lines. In the center of the board mark an area of range 1 high by range 2 wide. Victory is determined by who has the most unit leaders in this marked area by the end of the game.

For the purposes of game 1 the following list restrictions must be followed:

0-2 Commanders

0-2 Operatives

1-3 Corps

0-3 Special Forces

0-3 Light Support

0-2 Heavy Support

If you have any questions please feel free to send them my way!

Prizes for top Imperial and Rebel lists will be Skullforge Studios Samurai Vader and Samurai Luke respectively. Additionally the top player will receive the $25 store credit at Battleground Games Saugus and their name on the Star Wars Legion Trophy (And an outpost defended or captured in terms of the store’s flag). Finally all players will receive prizes just for joining in the form of Alternative Art Cards.

Oh and just as preview of what we’ve got working in the pipeline, we may have a Rallypoint Qualifier sometime this year for an invitation to what used to be the World Championship for Legion in the year 2020.

Once again the e-mail for registration is [email protected]

- Rich O’Brien