THE DICE POOL PODCAST - Shadow of the Beanstalk Q&A

By GM Hooly, in Rules Questions

In our next Episode of The Dice Pool Podcast, we will be interviewing the man himself, RPG Manager for FFG and Lead Developer, Sam Gregor-Stewart, about Android: Shadows of the Beanstalk.

So if you have any comments, queries, and/or questions (definitely ask those questions) about this AMAZING product, post them here or send us an email to [email protected]

Questions will be due by Sunday the 3rd March 2019. So get them in quick.

I have several questions about the Personal Exosuit described in SotB (page 94) as compared to the Exosuit described in the GCRB (page 178). Feel free to omit or rephrase the italicized portions as you see fit. Those are just notes to provide context.

1st: Is the SotB 'Exosuit intended to provide 0 Def and 3 Soak? I ask because the GCRB Exosuit provides 1 Def and 2 Soak (like a Plasteel Carapace). If not, skip the 2nd question.

2nd: If so, how much do you think I should increase the price of a Personal Exosuit by if I raised it's Def by 2 to create a 'Military Exosuit'? I ask because I think it's odd that the Personal Exosuit provides less defense than a Plasteel Carapace does (even if it does provide twice as much soak).

3rd: Was the SotB 'Exosuit intended to include some kind of 'exosuit fists'? I ask because it's entry in chapter 2 gives no indication that it does, or what it's weapon profile should be. However, the SXC Exosuit Pilot's equipment entry includes "power-augmented exosuit fists" (SotB 232) and the Exosuit Trooper's equipment profile includes "exosuit fists" (GCRB 178). In addition, the description of Power Gauntlets states they're "Basically the hand and forearm of an exosuit" (SotB 90). If so skip the 5th question, if not skip the 4th question.

4th: If so, what is their intended weapon profile? I ask because unfortunately the power-augmented exosuit fist, exosuit fist, and power gauntlet all have different weapon profiles.

5th: If not, how much should including a pair of basic 'exosuit fists' increase the price of a Personal Exosuit, and what weapon profile would you suggest for an 'exosuit fist'? I ask because unfortunately the power-augmented exosuit fist, exosuit fist, and power gauntlet all have different weapon profiles.