Flight of the crane

By RafaelNN, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

What do you guys think of thus new product? Personally I love it. A full art ful ldeck sounds amazing. It brings a full art stronghold, which I never got to have. 2 full art hotarus (so now I have 3), full art magistrate station, and full art copies of several cards I play a lot. Sounds amazing. I hope they start doing this for all winning decks

Too bad this was delayed until after the World Championships.

I'm pretty sure most of us would want the winning deck before the tournament..............amirite?

;)

Two things:

-I don't see the release date, am I just missing it? Relevant because I'm moving for a job this summer and don't want to preorder it with the wrong delivery address.

-Can anyone figure out how to get the preorder link to work? It's not working for me. Edit: FFG subsequently removed the link, so I guess that answers that.

Edited by dbmeboy

Sadly it's a pass for me. If they'd even put one new card in it, they probably could have hooked me. But nah, I can build my own.

I suspect if they added one new card it would no longer be 'a World Championship winning deck' so kind of defeating the object..

I would have liked to see the Lion deck and the Crane deck get some updates, post CotE, with input from the players that piloted those decks and have and alternative intro set with two relatively competitive decks and an updated rule book.

I like it because its basically "here have full arts of basically all your main cards for cheap"

Redacted

Edited by Velietha
delete

Although I don't know of any cards in the Shogun's deck that need an errata, I think this might be an avenue for pushing out errata in the future.

I just realized this deck isn't legal anymore. It has Mirumoto's Fury and Guest of Honor in it. πŸ˜†

17 minutes ago, shineyorkboy said:

I just realized this deck isn't legal anymore. It has Mirumoto's Fury and Guest of Honor in it. πŸ˜†

I was wondering how long until someone commented on that.

56 minutes ago, shineyorkboy said:

Its actually worse, its also on the wrong role now. Which is the flaw with the Worlds decks as by the time they will see release they are already "invalidated".

Can still be used for casual play and to quickly gain access to the game. Just change a card or two and you can have a competitive deck without too much investment. Also, depending on the role chosen and the rl some of these decks can still be legal even after release, right?

Anyway, I think their real value is the full arts. No one I know wants it for the deck per se, hence its illegal.status doesnt matter

In this case I would love to have the Lion deck from the first Championship as well.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:57 AM, Victarion13 said:

In this case I would love to have the Lion deck from the first Championship as well.

I had though they did but found nothing on it. At least from now on they will make championship versions.

So far they’ve been putting up the deck list for the championship decks. So at least you can put it together and try it out later if you want.

My question is: Why is it that Crane always gets this treatment? And for those of you who weren't around for Old5R or perhaps forgot, Crane had a winning deck printed and sold, except all the cards were foiled instead of extended art. My point is that it seems curious that no clan OTHER than Crane seems to get this is kind of treatment. I smell a conspiracy. πŸ€”

I think its just a coincidence, this is the first time they do it and Crane happened to be the winning deck. I imagine they chose this time because that way its easier for people to get a competitive deck quickly and start playing. Sure its not legal anymore, but you can still use it to play competitively in casual games, and switch a card or two and you can get a legal deck.

The Lion deck from the previous world Championship would not be a relevant deck in the current meta.....and no other clan has won the WC besides Crane and Lion.......so.........

This is why I think their should have been a more focused 2 deck set with input from the two world champs that has some competitive focused decks that people can just grab and go......or at the very least provides a solid base from which a new player can acquire whatever extra/new cards they need to update their deck to remain viable in the most recent meta.

It would also be a fairly easy path to get two new players into the game at the same time.

Let's face it, even though there are some of us that approach the game with a more casual mindset, the game is geared towards competitive play. Giving a new player an easier way to break down those walls between casual and competitive would likely be helpful in growing the playerbase.

I agree, but this is a start. Hopefully theyll keep adding more decks. Perphaps even not limiting themeselves to just tournament winners, and make them competitive