Is it still a thing ?

By ChuiSaoul, in L5R LCG: Multiplayer Beta Discussion

I am new at that game and my friends and I are thinking of playing some multiplayer games. I discovered this forum and those rules. So I was asking my self if you have anymore update on that topic.

Thank You !

I haven't seen much on the MP topic for a while, I would love to see a final set of rules, I think that it must be close.

In my experience it requires some house rules to adapt it to your group and make it work.

Sad to see that we have no more updates on the official multiplayer mode...

Also new to the game, and would love to play this on a party of four.

Still hoping for some update. I guess either the idea is dead, or the official thing is near completion (as per standard FFG procedure (tm)).

I hope the final version will solve the "farming on the weak" issue... hopefully with roles à la GoT...

What we do is one turn everyone can attack only thenperson to their right, the next one only the person to their left. But they can still get involved in other foghts with events and attachments.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:10 AM, RafaelNN said:

What we do is one turn everyone can attack only thenperson to their right  , the next one only the person to their left. But they can still get involved in other foghts with events and attachments. 

My issue with that is that it mostly eliminates negociation from the game. Why would I help anybody unless there is a leader to fight? There is nothing to deal.

Actually we deal a lot, since you can still intervene with events and attachments (no conflict characters, though). People even sabotage and help without negotiations because of personal interests

What if, as no player can declare more then one conflict of each type, no player should be target off more then one type of conflict per turn?

This way a Crane in a Crane x Crab x Lion game, would not have to defend 2x vs a Military smack from the other two. And Crab and Lion, knowing just one could attack a Crane (hypothetically weaker in Military) with Military, would still need to protect itself against a strong Militaty foe, this could make him hold back...

This is similar to a 'attack only to the left', but mantains the all vs all game. Not knowing who will attack who.

Dunno... New in the game, not tried multiplayer yet.

Sorry for any problem in english, its not my native language.

I think the problem with farming a ring from a player in a weak position is the fact that you can farm a ring from them in the first place. There should only be rive rings. To get a ring that is already claimed you should have to take it from the player who has it. This would dissuade others from attacking the weak player for rings since the can’t get any from them.

Otherwice good idea, but the game would last forever with only five rings... All in all it is a hard thing to balance. I really hope multiplayer expansion with good erratas to cards and rules. I still like the multiplayer, but some house ruling is needed...

well the live stream today was certainly good news for anyone excited about this sort of thing. Without playing it I feel like the tweaks he showed off in the box look all like good improvements to the format.

Really?

Any short version of what is going to happen?

There was alot he went through but I'll do my best to give some highlights. He described a new keyword on some of the cards in the box "Support" I believe that allowed another player to pay the fate for the card, which allows more interaction between teammates. In addition to the enlightenment mode, he mentioned 2 v 2 team play as a standard mode for 4 players. He also showed off a more well developed "Treaty" mechanic. He showed off a Treaty deck which are cards dealt to players that they could use to enforce Treaties. They have concrete costs and benefits to upholding or breaking the Treaty. Also just in general there are a bunch of cards in the box with multiplayer in mind. They could be used in standard play but are meant to be optimal in multiplayer.

In addition the rules will be posted prior to the box release digitally prior to Worlds. So you could try out the format before buying the product.

Edited by phillos