MoM expansions

By iMilazzo, in Mansions of Madness

Well, I have the Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition, I also have all expansions except Recurring Nightmares and Supressed Memories and these expasions become really rare in Brazil and I think in the rest of the world too.

Here in Brazil each of these expansions cost like 150% more than the price of the base game, too expansive.

I would like to kindly ask you to reprint these expansions to deinflate the market so I can buy, play and experience all MoM content.

You (FFG) can ask the community to have an idea about the viability of this reprint.

Thank you
Ivan

Edited by iMilazzo

Hey Ivan,

Just so you know, FFG doesn't really reply on these forums. These are more for community response. You can watch the Upcoming Page to see if they are being reprinted. If you are looking to contact FFG I'd suggest trying to reach them through Customer Service . Hope this helps!

Edited by LordPyrex
On 2/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, iMilazzo said:

Well, I have the Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition, I also have all expansions except Recurring Nightmares and Supressed Memories and these expasions become really rare in Brazil and I think in the rest of the world too.

Here in Brazil each of these expansions cost like 150% more than the price of the base game, too expansive.

I would like to kindly ask you to reprint these expansions to deinflate the market so I can buy, play and experience all MoM content.

You (FFG) can ask the community to have an idea about the viability of this reprint.

Thank you
Ivan

I feel the same way, Ivan. I think the way I am trying to go about it instead of paying a premium fee is to buy the base game from the 1st edition on Ebay which in turn is the same as Recurring Nightmares expansion. I have asked around on YouTube and people say it is a better alternative. The base game 1st edition is going for around $30-50 used with all monsters/tiles. I have seen a new one in factory wrapping go for $60-80. Not the most ideal way to go about it, but it is certainly better than paying $100+. Suppressed Memories is a different story...

Tell me about it i've been on the hunt for Suppressed Memories for well over 2 years now it's literally impossible to get in The Netherlands.

They should definitly de a reprint on this as ive seen many people looking for it over my 2 year hunt.

It's sad it's the only expansion missing to complete my Mansions collection 😰

Fantasy Flight is a business. If they felt that reprinting a product would be a money maker for them, they would. The fact that they haven't done so says to me that the market may not be as big as you think. It's a pretty common misconception that "I really want it" is equivalent to "they will sell enough copies to make producing, shipping, and warehousing it worthwhile".

I ended up buying the German version now in Germany they still seem to have a few copies in stock.

Not the best solution but at least i can complete MoM with it, i think i can live with the tiles being German.

It's on it's way now and should arrive this week.

Good luck all i reccomend to get a German version while they last it's better then nothing.

Edit: I got mine from Fantasywelt they seem to have more in stock still:

https://www.fantasywelt.de/navi.php?suchausdruck=FFGD1022

Edited by WillemTCG

I found what appeared to be the one place in the UK that had Recurring Nightmares in stock. Of course I ordered it straight away.

The courier lost it.

Purchaser suffers 3 facedown horror 😩

On 3/9/2019 at 8:48 PM, icabod said:

I found what appeared to be the one place in the UK that had Recurring Nightmares in stock. Of course I ordered it straight away.

The courier lost it.

Purchaser suffers 3 facedown horror 😩

That´s terrible! I hope you will find them somewhere again. I´m a happy owner of all content and got the figure and tile expansions here in Sweden instantly last time they were reprinted . They sold out very quickly as I would suspect.

Hello people,

I think it's a disrespect of the Fantasy Flight! I sent an email to them 1 month ago and until 
today they do not respond!

I hope they accompany our complaints here, and that we also speak for 
the post stay here longer or even by email.

They released these two expansions of the second edition of the game in 2016 together 
with the base game. 
Here in Brazil arrived in 2017 and then ended up be quick. In the first reprinting of Brazil, 
they did not reprint these two expansions, that is, they only launched once and have already discarded?

Did I know the game only in reprint and I will not have the opportunity to have them? 
In the base box they even gave us the cards of the heroes of these two expansions, 
but if they do not reprint, they will be useless heroes.

Wait for them to see our complaints

Hugs to all of you
Edited by Fabiohenrique82

Not sure if I trust this due to the alleged stock level, but 401games in Canada claim to have 10+ stock of Recurring Nightmares . Delivery to Canada and USA only, which is a shame.

I just got my own copy of the core set for Xmas, and have bought every other expansion over the past few months, including what I thought were some of the last remaining copies of RN and SM in Canada... but Icabod has proven me wrong. That must be a recent restock of RN from the distributor, as I check 401 Games and the other Canadian online retailers on a regular basis (got mine from Meeplemart).

The stock on Horrific Journeys at 401 was steady at 10+ copies available, then all of a sudden they all vanished.

I just ordered a copy of Recurring Nightmares from 401 games. I'll follow up with how that goes. Now if only they had a copy of Suppressed Memories. FWIW, Recurring Nightmares was on the FF Upcoming calendar for awhile under the "Awaiting Reprint" status, then they took it off.

does anybody know if the canadian printing is different in any way to a us version?

Eeeeeeeeee.....but why need to buy RECURRING NIGHTMARES and pay i dont know how much, when you can buy MoM Ied + Forbidden Alchemy and have the same...

Here in Poland i bought Ied for around , 40$ (just the tiles + miniatures) used and forbidden alchemy (really easy to get one, its everywhere in shops) brand new for 25$...

On 4/6/2019 at 7:12 AM, moryc said:

Eeeeeeeeee.....but why need to buy RECURRING NIGHTMARES and pay i dont know how much, when you can buy MoM Ied + Forbidden Alchemy and have the same...

Here in Poland i bought Ied for around , 40$ (just the tiles + miniatures) used and forbidden alchemy (really easy to get one, its everywhere in shops) brand new for 25$...

Do you have a link to FA? I cant find it anywhere and when I do, it is north of $100. ~$25 sounds like a steal.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:23 PM, rtdspector said:

I just ordered a copy of Recurring Nightmares from 401 games. I'll follow up with how that goes. Now if only they had a copy of Suppressed Memories. FWIW, Recurring Nightmares was on the FF Upcoming calendar for awhile under the "Awaiting Reprint" status, then they took it off.

Just a quick update on the inventory at 401 games. I ordered Streets of Arkham and Recurring Nightmares from 401 (shipped to the US), I just received confirmation they both shipped. So it appears their inventory does in fact exist.

Edited by rtdspector
4 hours ago, rtdspector said:

Just a quick update on the inventory at 401 games. I ordered Streets of Arkham and Recurring Nightmares from 401 (shipped to the US), I just received confirmation they both shipped. So it appears their inventory does in fact exist.

Was Amazon US out of Streets of Arkham? Last time I saw, they had a lot of inventory and for $47 with prime.

3 hours ago, damon_estrada said:

Was Amazon US out of Streets of Arkham? Last time I saw, they had a lot of inventory and for $47 with prime.

I believe it's in stock elsewhere. I just thought the shipping fee with 401 games was better justified with getting more than one item. They unfortunately dont do free shipping. Streets of Arkham was one of the other expansions I didn't already have. Arkham was also just reprinted, so stock should be replenishing a lot of places.

Edited by rtdspector

I dont know if i can post here links to shops....so if you wanna link to FA pls pm me

Damon just sended You a pm

On 4/5/2019 at 5:37 PM, dark_preacher said:

does anybody know if the canadian printing is different in any way to a us version?

I don't think there is such a thing as a "Canadian printing." As far as I know, the game ships to Canadian distributors from the same warehouse in the U.S. (that's why our release dates are the same) and was manufactured at the same time/place in China. French versions sold in Quebec are completely distinct products, but you'll easily recognize those for what they are.

Edited by TwiceBorn
On 4/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, rtdspector said:

I just thought the shipping fee with 401 games was better justified with getting more than one item. They unfortunately dont do free shipping.

Well, they do free shipping for Canadian customers at CAD $150.00. I know of no American stores that ship to Canada for free, so there shouldn't be any surprise that the reverse is also true. I think that's simply the reality of international shipping costs and regulations.

Edited by TwiceBorn
On 4/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, rtdspector said:

My Recurring Nightmares and Streets of Arkham copies arrived, so 401 Games definitely has Recurring Nightmares in stock.

1 hour ago, rtdspector said:

My Recurring Nightmares and Streets of Arkham copies arrived, so 401 Games definitely has Recurring Nightmares in stock. 

Good stuff, I'm glad it's in stock somewhere - just a shame they don't deliver to other landmasses. But it gives me hope that it may suddenly appear closer to the UK. I think it's one of those ones that people find in the back of a stock room every-so-often.

Are all the expansions from 1st ed usable in to 2ed? I have 4-5 of the “card expansions” but they are not in the option screen for adding them to MoM2. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Bill

10 hours ago, Gryffen88 said:

Are all the expansions from 1st ed usable in to 2ed? I have 4-5 of the “card expansions” but they are not in the option screen for adding them to MoM2. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Bill

Unfortunately, no. The Print on Demand packs do not get mixed into the 2nd ed. game. The scenarios for 2nd ed are new to the game, some of them are even spiritual sequels to some from 1st ed. While some of the big box components can be added such as investigators and map tiles, everything else is for the most part replaced. Hopefully this helps some. As far as double posting, we can all see where the new posts are at. 😅