C&C Red Alert 2 (Convo+mods)

By Bucknife, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Any other xwing-ers fans of this classic PC game?

MV5BNDk5NzExNjc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4

I still play with family with an LAN connection two ancient XP machines!

I'm also a pretty big fan of the Tiberian storyline, so I made a mod called "Nod's Revenge".

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nods-revenge

NODSREVENGE_MAP1.5.6.png

Edited by Bucknife

I always wanted to see a Red Alert vs Tiberium mod. Can you Imagine a GDI vs Soviet tank battle or a cat and mouse game between Allied Intelligence and Nod Stealth.

The only question was who would be red, Nod or the Soviets?

I think Soviet Union should remain Red and Brotherhood of Nod can take the color Green. Green Scorpions do look cool.

Edited by Marinealver

There is also this Gem, and it is completely free!

On 3/1/2019 at 1:12 AM, Marinealver said:

There is also this Gem, and it is completely free!

Dude! I've never played RenX, but a good portion of Nod's Revenge is an inspired RTS version of that fan game. ;)

2 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Dude! I've never played RenX, but a good portion of Nod's Revenge is an inspired RTS version of that fan game. ;)

give it a try, it is free and I don't mean free2play.

Yuri's Revenge was one of the greatest PC games of all time!

On 3/7/2019 at 11:04 PM, Crabbok said:

Yuri's Revenge was one of the greatest PC games of all time!

Yes.

I was sad Westwood closed down and EA took full control after YR was released.

I think Westwood could've made a really good tie-in game for the Red Alert and Tiberian storylines...and perfected the orthographic platform at the same time in the sequel (although some would probably argue YR was the climax of that old RTS non-3d layout.)

I feel like there was still more to explore in terms of terrain interaction (Tiberian Sun) and air to air combat that was never implemented.

But, I'm thankful for what we got, too. Nod's Revenge is just my diversion to fulfill some of those long lost dreams and add some Renegade/Tiberian Dawn grit into the game, but stock YR is pretty great all around. ;)

Edited by Bucknife

I am more of a Tiberian sun, and Generals fan myself.

One thing that was really cool about those games was that at least in Tiberian Sun, (maybe more) the units were all contained within a text file. So you could just add more units by simply typing a few lines of text. Didn't need a fancy program or hack - just notepad. I remember making a train that show a rail gun just goofing around. It was beautiful!

I'm not sure if I like Red Alert 1 or 2 better, but I know I've played a lot of both.

Hey guys.

Just wanted to bump this thread for anyone who's played RA2 Yuris Revenge mods.

I'll be releasing an update (v. 092) of Nods Revenge on Halloween 2019, as per tradition.

Been having a lot of fun on this one.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:26 AM, LTuser said:

I am more of a Tiberian sun, and Generals fan myself.

Generals is the best!

Anybody following the progress of C&C remastered? Its painfully slow...

On 10/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, Jo Jo said:

Well I saw a mod that is putting GDI Soviet, Allies, Nod and Yuri as factions. I would personally be fine with the Big two from each of the two big franchise, all other factions (Yuri, Scrin, Japan) I would have done what westwood did with dune and just make them subfactions that the other 4 could ally with.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, Jo Jo said:

Is this based on OpenRA?

Last I checked, they were working around bugs in the TSun mod. Any open source scratch coded game is gonna take forrreeeevver to finish...