Splash vs. Cloaking

By date, in StarCraft

Hi,

I just want to confirm that I understand rules correctly and here is my question :

Can cloaked unit which withdraw at skirmish resolution on other friendly area or assist unit be killed by splash on "resolving splash damage" step ?

thanks

Cloaking may be resolved only, if unit is destroyed by:

- combat card attack value (Attack >= Health)

- specific cards which are resolved "At the end of destroy units and discard combat cards" step (e.g. "Spawn Broodling")

Splash Damage is resolved later, so Cloaking does not protect from it.

The same applies to "At the start of the battle" abilities destroying units (from Brood War expansion) - they are resolved earlier than that step.

Assist units can be destroyed by Splash Damage without any special restrictions.

Only hero units (from Brood War expansion) are immune to Splash Damage.

ok, that's clear now...only one thing bother me, If unit with cloking withdraw... according to rulebook it is removed from battle , then I must place it on other friendly area on active planet (if it's possible otherwise is destroyed).

On "splash" step resolution, this unit is still considered as unit participating in combat so it can be destroyed right ?

Actually, you may withdraw cloaked units to any area of the same planet which is not under control of any enemy (so that also empty areas are available, allies are also considered as "enemies", even empty base is enough to control the area).

Obviously, units which withdraw from the battlefield and immediately control another area, are no longer be considered to participate in the battle, so that Splash Damage can do nothing to them. You have to resolve Cloaking immediately at the end of each single skirmish resolution.

Thanks !

/local version/

Dzieki cyb3k :-) przypadkowo znalazlem Cie na BGG stad wiem zes swój, pozdr

if 5 zeolot vs Darktemple with Leg Enhancements skill ,the Darktemple still can withdraw?

My opion is ,the leg enchancements kill the darktemple before skirmish,and the opponent have not any unit to designate skirmish ,so it will not have Destroy units and discard cards step,and the darktemple will not withdraw.

Am I right?

WYO said:

if 5 zeolot vs Darktemple with Leg Enhancements skill ,the Darktemple still can withdraw?

No. It may withdraw only if it was destroyed it hte skirmish.