Can we get the digital treatment for AGOT?

By owenburgess, in General Discussion

I'm really enjoying the LOTR digital LCG. Can you imagine how awesome AGOT would be online with that level of love and care? Maybe they could even take it a step further and make the card design similar to Gwent with animated card faces. Just dreaming here.

It depends a lot if They can make money with Digital Lotr version... if They can,,. Most likely They would try to print money with their other fransise Also. But if the digital Lotr will become money sink that dies out after the first year... well most likely there will not be new digital games for guite some time.

From my understanding HBO is doing spin off series on Game of thrones lore/history so it's not like game of thrones is going away. What FFG has going for it is the art in my opinion. I'd do it like $10 starter decks of house Stark, Lannister, Targaryans, baratheon, Greyjoys, Arryns, martels, freys, tullys, boltons, tyrells, wildlings. You have some kingdom core cards where you should be able to pickup any card x 3 for $1, then you could do chapter decks , though I think they should center around the minor houses as much as the events of the books. I played the lcg of 1st edition and was fun but was hard to find players, online would solve that, I hear two is better. Accessibility and being able to play the house you want is key. I like Starks in terms of story and lore (also jaime/tyrion) but as much as i dislike lannisters and boltons houses in book and tv series, in terms of game play, i like their lcg styles of those two houses. I remember it kind of sucked trying to make a bolton themed deck cause there were only so many bolton cards to choose from. I'd only introduce a new "chapter or themed" every 4-6 months. For multiplyer,in addition to traditional play, I'd introduce a campaign map where like upwards of 12+ people can fight over westoroes at their own pace kind of like play by email, capturing certain provinces unlocks certain cards or blocks certain cards from being used. Once you lose all your provinces, you're eliminated, so it's sort of like a round robin but not quite.