Coiled Snake

By Waywardpaladin, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Something tells me that you probably wouldn't want the majority of the Lion leadership getting into bed with an angry Sotorii who "wants what is his."

That would most likely leave you with a Lion Clan Coup. I'll let you ask a Scorpion about how well that went for them.

Edited by Ishi Tonu

I think Tsutorii would be more like a "fire douses fire" scenario: too much anger and too little everything else.

Tsuko's reaction would be priceless tho. And Sotorii spilling the spaghetti in front of her for the first time. And Tsuko's reaction to Sotorii spilling the spaghetti. And Tsuko's realization of this is how Sotorii usually does his stuff. Then their honeymoon that must be a disaster of legendary proportions (plot twist: it is not!). Man, I want to read this story :lol: !

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

Something tells me that you probably wouldn't want the majority of the Lion leadership getting into bed with an angry Sotorii who "wants what is his."

Don't forget the likely response of Sotorii - who has basically grown up defining himself as the Hanetii Heir Primary - to being told " Yeah....men marry into the Matsu family, so you're now Matsu Sotorii. "

Thing is, Matsu Tsuko may be a bag of angry kittens, but she does at least have a choke hold on it when she doesn't think letting it out is justified* - Doji Kunawan not being dead, for example. Which makes her probably less likely to be tolerant of someone who doesn't.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

That would most likely leave you with a Lion Clan Coup. I'll let you ask a Scorpion about how well that went for them.

Not really; He's not going to be the Lion Clan Champion, or even the Matsu Daimyo.

The problem isn't so much a Coup by Sotorii as Sotorii claiming that it's Bayushi Shoju, Akodo Toturi and Hantei Daisetsu who are the ones carrying out a coup - because, from the outside, that's pretty much what it looks like unless you have the (current) Emperor around to directly support them.

* Whether any particular outburst of rage/violence is justified is a different debate; I'm sure the Boar Ronin would disagree with her, for example. But what I mean is that there's no indication that there's any event where after the fact Tsuko herself thinks " I shouldn't have done tha t."

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

The problem isn't so much a Coup by Sotorii as Sotorii claiming that it's Bayushi Shoju, Akodo Toturi and Hantei Daisetsu who are the ones carrying out a coup

To be honest, if this current line of fictions is any measure, then Sotorii wouldn't have the guts to hold his claim against Hantei "Virtual Paragon of Bushido" Not!Daigotsu and his Merry Band. Unless someone else makes the claim in Sotorii's name - the second part has a hint for a possible supporter.

Can’t wait for Shoju to explode his own regency to take the Scorpion underground.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:43 PM, AtoMaki said:

To be honest, if this current line of fictions is any measure, then Sotorii wouldn't have the guts to hold his claim against Hantei "Virtual Paragon of Bushido" Not!Daigotsu and his Merry Band. Unless someone else makes the claim in Sotorii's name - the second part has a hint for a possible supporter.

It would be fun to see Sotorii lose his temper, throw a fit, be entirely ineffective and ultimately get tossed out and exiled from the Hidden City and handed some menial, routine task. Then we just don't hear about him for a while until all of the other clan novels are out. And then at the very end of the Clan Pack series, we get an Imperial Clan novel with Sotorii as the main character and all about an adventure that brings him from an ineffectual, unstable and ineffectual teen to being a respectable character, making plenty of mistakes and failing several times along the way.

Also, if Togashi's prophecy from the old version still exists in this version-- stating that right about this year the Hantei line is cursed to end and that will ring in the return of Fu Leng to the land... it might be interesting to see what will happen if either of the brothers finds out about it and what they might try to do in order to avoid it.

Because them causing it by taking actions to try to prevent it makes a lot more sense than the Scorpion Clan reacting to "Fu Leng will come back if all the Hantei die" by acting against everything they have ever stood for and specifically acting to wipe out the entire Hantei line.

I'm more hyped for Tsutorii, personally ^_^ . Especially for the scene where it pops up: something like Daisetsu, Toturi, and Shoju having a talk about what to do with Sotorii, and Daisetsu goes "Geez he is just a dim-witted bully who gets angry all the time, can we just have a loyal samurai pick him up and take him somewhere where I am not?" and then Toturi smiles and says "I might know someone for this job..."

On 2/19/2019 at 3:04 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

Well, that was what Sotorii accused Toturi of doing in Old5r, which is why he ended the Akodo Family.