[Portland, OR] Tournament at Red Castle Games 2/23

By Red Castle Games, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Red Castle Games is hosting an Armada tournament in February! This is a casual event designed to bring the local Armada community together, help new fans of the game meet other players and give us all an excuse to blow up plastic spaceships for a few hours. Beginners are absolutely welcome.

Here's everything you need to know:

RED CASTLE FEBRUARY ARMADA TOURNAMENT

• Where? Red Castle Games
  • What Day? Saturday, February 23rd
  • What Time? Check-in starts promptly at 11 AM.
  • How Much? The entry fee is $10.
  • How Many Players? Space is limited to 12 participants.

PREREGISTRATION
You can preregister at the store or use this link to pay online: Online Registration

WHAT TO BRING
Please bring a 3x6 space-themed playmat if you have one. Please also bring 2 copies of your fleet list.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
400-point fleets. We will play 2 rounds of Swiss. Players are guaranteed 2 rounds — there won't be any byes.

PRIZES
Prizes are guaranteed for every player. I will create a "Prize Wall" of past and current Armada swag for players to choose from. Last month we had a ton of prizes up for grabs, including an Imperial dice bag and Genera Rieekan promo, as well as Ghost, Boba Fett, TIE Interceptor and Demolisher/Home One alt art cards. This month's prizes will include an acrylic turn dial and a full bleed GR-75 Medium Transport promo card, among other goodies!

If you have any questions, please contact Matt at [email protected]. See you there! 

Edited by Red Castle Games

Wish I could make it but not in the cards this month.

Totally understandable, @Karneck . It's quite a haul to Portland for a day of Armada! I plan on holding monthly tournaments at Red Castle so hopefully we'll see you at our event in March.

1 hour ago, Red Castle Games said:

Totally understandable, @Karneck . It's quite a haul to Portland for a day of Armada! I plan on holding monthly tournaments at Red Castle so hopefully we'll see you at our event in March.

As long as it's not during Armada worlds! (Last weekend of March)

It will likely be on Saturday, March 23rd.

A quick reminder that Red Castle's February Armada tournament is this Saturday (2/23). Check-in starts at 11 AM. I've also added some new goodies to our "Prize Wall" which now includes an acrylic turn dial. Every participant gets to make 1 pull from the wall, though that can include a batch of promos depending on what you take!

qvEhPLk.jpg?1

Ooo, just saw this. I might try to make it down from Seattle.

Thanks to all the Admirals that came out to Red Castle yesterday for our tournament! We had 10 players battle it out with a diverse array of commanders, from Konstantine to Leia, Ackbar, Vader and Jerjerrod. We also played some objectives that don't see as much use as people were willing to experiment with their lists and choices, including a pair of Opening Salvos and Salvage Run.

My favorite part was seeing some new faces, including a new player who came in second place (tied on points with first at 15 and 20~ behind on MoV). We'll be doing this again next month on Saturday, March 23rd. Hope to see you there!

By the way, I need to amend my favorite moment from yesterday’s tournament.

It has to be when Greg C picked the acrylic turn dial as his 1st place prize… and then gave it to Tory Z who had been wanting to win one for a very long time. It’s these kinds of moments that make me realize how unique the Armada community is among competitive gamers, and that we’ve got something special in our local player base.