(2) Fire-Control System
Points 51

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(4) R2 Astromech
(3) Elusive
Points 59

Total points: 199

vs TIE/D and 2 TIE Phatoms, all with juke.

The Y and B wings had zero defense against juke. If they rolled a single hit, nothing to stop it.

Any advice?

10 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

Any advice on 1 agility ships vs Juke?

I was running:

(34) Arvel Crynyd
(3) Intimidation
(2) Predator
Points 39

(39) "Dutch" Vander
(2) Dorsal Turret
(3) Swarm Tactics
(3) R3 Astromech
(3) Seismic Charges
Points 50

(46) Ten Numb
(0) Jamming Beam
(3) Elusive
(2) Fire-Control System
Points 51

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(4) R2 Astromech
(3) Elusive
Points 59

Total points: 199

vs TIE/D and 2 TIE Phatoms, all with juke.

The Y and B wings had zero defense against juke. If they rolled a single hit, nothing to stop it.

Any advice?

Juke turns an evade into an "eyeball"... you could either spend one focus to turn it into an evade again, or a stress from Ten Nunb. Not saying it's easy, but not unbeatable. You could even use Elusive after he jukes!

Edited by RoockieBoy
12 hours ago, RoockieBoy said:

Juke turns an evade into an "eyeball"... you could either spend one focus to turn it into an evade again, or a stress from Ten Nunb. Not saying it's easy, but not unbeatable. You could even use Elusive after he jukes!

Never thought about Elusive AFTER the juke. Hmmm..... thank you

4 hours ago, Ccwebb said:

Never thought about Elusive AFTER the juke. Hmmm..... thank you

Yep. The opponent modifies your evade dice (If they can), and then you get to modify yours. So if you have a focus token, and the opponent jukes your evade result, you can spend your focus on defense to get an evade, or spend Ten Numb's stress for the same result. If you don't have a focus token and your evade result is juked, you can re-roll that eyeball with Elusive. So in your list, you roll very few green dice, but have some options available to modify them.

Edited by RoockieBoy
spelling

You also have some high initiative pilots. Hammer them first and force them to spend their evade on "not dying", then they either can't use it to reduce your defence, or else are voluntarily letting extra damage through.

Mathematically, Juke is actually more effective the more green dice are rolled, but I get that it feels bad. And as RookieBoy says, defender mods green dice last, so you have some options.

Against token stacks like Defenders and Phantoms, you might need to prioritize high numer of shots per turn over time on target. You probably need 2-3 shots to damage to a focus+evade defender.

4 matches against the Phatom/Defender has gone 2 and 2. Just the 2 I lost, was embarrassing. 😬 (hence leading to y’all’s advice. Thank you!)

The two I won I played the dials better, but it was still close.

So the plan is....

1) Hit them first, and hard

2) Modify defense last, use elusive.

3) My advice to myself is plan the approach better. 😉

Multi Juke is also much less effective if you can force them to split their fire.

The dials have it :)

On 2/12/2019 at 4:12 AM, Ccwebb said:

Never thought about Elusive AFTER the juke. Hmmm....    . than  k yo  u 

Elusive would only ever be after the opportunity to Juke has passed, as Juke is a dice mod and the attacker always modifies the defenders dice before the defender does. Which also means that Juke can only be applied to the initial roll, and if you use Elusive to reroll a blank (or focus) into an evade then that evade can’t be Juked... ;)

Just take Heroic and blank out every time they shoot at you then reroll into evades. 100% repeatable strategy. They can't Juke evades if you don't roll evades!

On 2/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, Ccwebb said:

4 matches against the Phatom/Defender has gone 2 and 2. Just the 2 I lost, was embarrassing. 😬 (hence leading to y’all’s advice. Thank you!)

The two I won I played the dials better, but it was still close.

So you want a 100% win rate? And looking here for that? Hahah, if you find that. please let us all know (wink).

Either way, your dials are key, not the focus on Juke reduction.

Joking aside, that is a cool and durable list you have there and 50% is nothing to scoff at. yeah, you get Juked and may lose that one evade at times, but your ship chassis is built to withstand those hits. Fly with only three health for a few games and you'll feel reassured with all that health. Truthfully, without Juke, Those ships would be meh at best. Really, that card is making your competitors list viable against yours. Take it away and you will have 100% win rate I'll bet.

Enjoy your Rebel beef and don't wish for more green dice and sacrificed health, it's a nerve-racking way to fly... I know, boy do I know.