Who else is collecting a complete set of keyforge card?s

By Jaceevoke, in KeyForge

Hello,

I have been contemplating collecting a complete set of keyforge, now that it is more easily obtainable, and was wondering who else has/are collecting a complete set. I'm also interested to know what method you used to get the complete set, since it seems there is virtually no one selling singles of the cards currently. My plan was to buy the starter set, some of the bind packs/decks, and then go hunting on e-bay looking for decks being sold that have the cards I am still missing.

Thanks,

Jaceevoke

On 2/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, Jaceevoke said:

Hello,

I have been contemplating collecting a complete set of keyforge, now that it is more easily obtainable, and was wondering who else has/are collecting a complete set. I'm also interested to know what method you used to get the complete set, since it seems there is virtually no one selling singles of the cards currently. My plan was to buy the starter set, some of the bind packs/decks, and then go hunting on e-bay looking for decks being sold that have the cards I am still missing.

Thanks,

Jaceevoke

Yeah, I seriously doubt that you'll find singles. Buying the decks with cards you need is the way to go, some of the sites selling decks have search engines that could make it a little easier to be efficient in those purchases, though you'll probably still have to do a lot of cross-referencing work to find decks that have multiple cards that you need.

Don't know about getting a complete set, but I have resolved to get a complete iteration of every house combination. (so far so good, no repeats yet)

Good luck getting every maverick card, lol (that would technically be a different card from the set). I don't think many people with try to do this as it will destroy 20+ decks just to have the few cards from it you need to put in the binder.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, Simplegarak said:

Don't know about getting a complete set, but I have resolved to get a complete iteration of every house combination. (so far so good, no repeats yet)

Bought a few to many packs in my quest to get the horsemen, so I'm sorta going for it. Sorta as in "If I don't get them all it's ok really." Only 6 more house combos to go.

I'll count any decks from the new set towards my total. (Not insane enough to get 35 decks from RotA and 35 from AoA!)

7 hours ago, Dantastic24 said:

Good luck getting every maverick card, lol (that would technically be a different card from the set). I don't think many people with try to do this as it will destroy 20+ decks just to have the few cards from it you need to put in the binder.

I doubt the OP is referring to collecting every maverick, just one of each card from the set.

And now there's an entire new set to add to your collection hunting!

With different set numbers for some existing cards, which means they are technically different cards.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

It's tempting but I doubt I'll do it. I don't have Time Traveller or Horsemen and decks with either of those cards go for an absurd cost on the secondary market.

I've bought several decks because they had a card I didn't own.

For me personally, collecting a complete set would ruin the purpose of the game's model and what Garfield had envisioned.

11 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

It's tempting but I doubt I'll do it. I don't have Time Traveller or Horsemen and decks with either of those cards go for an absurd cost on the secondary market.

I've bought several decks because they had a card I didn't own.

I'd almost trade my horseman deck to you, I think I got one of the worst ones in existence (part of me does like playing it as a personal challenge). The brobnar syncs up with it real well but the martian house is literally the worst.

I've found that while Martian cards are really cool, it's hard to use them well while still using your other houses to full effect.

Martian is a mixed bag for me. They have some cards I love but I only seem to get the ones I despise. My worst deck is due to how awful Mars is.

Only 2 Mars creatures but 1/4 of the cards play off the number of Mars creatures. It has a Martians Make Bad Allies in a deck with few creatures. Only 4 Untammed creatures but it has 1 Niffle Ape and Troop Call.

The deck is so awful it is the deck I use when teaching new players. It gives them a good advantage over me.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, TechnoGolem said:

Martian is a mixed bag for me. They have some cards I love but I only seem to get the ones I despise. My worst deck is due to how awful Mars is.

Only 2 Mars creatures but 1/4 of the cards play off the number of Mars creatures. It has a Martians Make Bad Allies in a deck with few creatures. Only 4 Untammed creatures but it has 1 Niffle Ape and Troop Call.

The deck is so awful it is the deck I use when teaching new players. It gives them a good advantage over me.

Image result for i know those feels

There are more than a few days I wish Incubation chamber was a common and not a rare. I enjoy Mars for the challenge but I'm hoping in set 2 Mars may be smoothed out just a tiny bit.

I am 4 cards short of having every Call of the Archons after 130 registered decks. I have multiples of every house combo. I will complete the set, cherry picking decks from eBay; one of the cards I still need is Master of Three. On another subject, I purchased a deck two days ago which had a misprinting in it. It has 17 Logos cards and only 7 Dis cards. All have the correct deck name! A cool collectible, though not legal for tournament play.

Edited by pi4205

I haven't even managed to complete a full set of HOUSES :lol:

No deck I've opened has had Mars in it.

14 hours ago, grayvelo said:

I haven't even managed to complete a full set of HOUSES :lol:

No deck I've opened has had Mars in it.

You want a Mars deck? Seven out of my eleven decks have Mars! I'm tired of Mars! Clearly, I need some of YOUR luck. I'll send you some of mine once I figure out how.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:22 AM, Suttkus said:

You want a Mars deck? Seven out of my eleven decks have Mars! I'm tired of Mars! Clearly, I need some of YOUR luck. I'll send you some of mine once I figure out how.

Won a tenner on a scratchcard today, thought... I'll treat myself to a deck. *chants* Mars Mars Mars Mars!

Nope... Sanctum, Brobnar, Untamed. :rolleyes: :lol:

Got one now! :D Mars/Sanctum/Untamed

I try to get 1 version of each card in mavericks (whatever the house) of CoA, buy the same way i try to have the complete set of the normal set... im 2 cards left the complete set with normal cards

Edited by Razzlo
21 hours ago, Razzlo said:

I try   t  o get 1 version of each card in  mavericks    (whatev  er the hou  se) of C  o    A      ,

That seems......like you’d need deep pockets 😳

13 hours ago, Palpster said:

That seems......l  ike you’d need deep pockets

not really, they dont cost much each :) already 197 differents mavericks cards number :)