New SW Board Game Announced

By Duciris, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

A $70 hole in my pocket is what it is...

Edited by DailyRich

Wooo, another star wars game. /s

The premise of this one does sound more interesting than the rest though, a Scum-themed game could be pretty cool.

Edited by Supertoe

Basing it on smuggling and bounties is probably the best way to do a multiplayer Star Wars game.

i hope they have plans for more pilots! How can you not have Bossk and Dengar

11 minutes ago, docForsaken said:

i hope they have plans for more pilots! How can you not have Bossk and Dengar

They say 8. I see Jyn Erso, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Boba Fett, & (Woo-hoo!) Doctor Aprha. Do we know who the other 3 are?

I'm calling it: there'll be an expansion called Imperial Entanglements that either adds the ability to play as the Empire or adds some kind of Imperial obstacles to the gameplay.

I've got my fingers crossed for Dash Rendar! It's unlikely, but a mans got to have a dream.

7 minutes ago, KamaKrazyWarBoy said:

I've got my fingers crossed for Dash Rendar! It's unlikely, but a mans got to have a dream.

Well now I want Kyle Katarn, so thanks for that!

So three open spots? Bossk, Dengar, IG-88? Bummer Hondo isn’t a main character.

13 minutes ago, Masterchiefspiff said:

Agreed, I would take Hondo, Cad Bane, or even the more iconic female (to me at least) Aurra Sing and/or Asajj Ventress over Dr. Aprha

7 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Agreed, I would take Hondo, Cad Bane, or even the more iconic female (to me at least) Aurra Sing and/or Asajj Ventress over Dr. Aprha

You had me until "over Dr. Aphra". I would take Aprha over Han or Lando or Jyn.

I'd love to Asajj Ventress or Cad Bane, though.

3 minutes ago, Duciris said:

You had me until "over Dr. Aphra". I would take Aprha over Han or Lando or Jyn.

I'd love to Asajj Ventress or Cad Bane, though.

Jyn feels like an odd choice for Scum too haha. I haven't gotten into the new comics so not into Aphra over more iconic ones to me. But everyone has different favourites I'm sure.

32 minutes ago, Masterchiefspiff said:

Personnal guess for me would be Hera (pre-rebels) with the Ghost and/or Ketsu Onyo with the Shadowcaster. They fit the timeline they seems to aim for (between Episode 3 and 4).

Oh yeah! Can’t wait for this one already. How is that even possible?

I should get help. 😉

Does anybody have a vector file of the box art? I'd love to have that as a desktop background, similar to the Armada original box art, or the Corellian expansion art.

I enjoyed Solo, but I'm really excited to see Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams back in their respected roles.

This looks so **** fun!

43 minutes ago, The Black Man said:

I enjoyed Solo, but I'm really excited to see Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams back in their respected roles.

This looks so **** fun!

This was my concern when I first glanced at the pilots. I had assumed they used the new Han Solo they've been trying to push lately. I gave a huge sigh of relief when I saw the likeness was modeled after Harrison Ford instead. No offense to fans of Solo, but when you've been living with Harrison Ford as Han Solo for nearly 40 years, it's really difficult to accept anyone else in the role.

And as a huge Doctor Aphra fan, she'll probably be the first character I choose!

Edited by Daedalus

This is basically insta-buy based on theme alone. I've been dying for a smuggler/bounty hunter Star Wars game for years. So much, so in fact, that I created my own card-based bounty hunter game back in 2012. It has systems in a row and bounty hunters would get ships and weapons and go from system to system collecting bounties. This game looks much more in-depth than the one I was working on, and all I have to do is spend $70 instead of spending hours playtesting my rudimentary card game. Bring on the Outer Rim!

I'm glad Aphra gets tossed into this so we hopefully don't have to suffer her omg so random antics in Legion.

I believe it was mentioned that one of those 3 is Jabba. I may be wrong thou, but I read it somewhere in article

21 minutes ago, AleksDj said:

I believe it was mentioned that one of those 3 is Jabba. I may be wrong thou, but I read it somewhere in article

The Hutts are one of four factions that are in your way (Huts, Syndicates, Imperials, Rebels). I imagine Jabba will be in the game, but not as a playable character.

I'm hoping at least one of the other three is another bounty hunter. Bossk would be nice. I mean, I'd love for it to be Zuckuss, but that just isn't gonna happen. I could see Zuckuss and 4-LOM as crew you can recruit. I do wonder if Bossk will be another crew, though, with that line from Solo about Becket's girlfriend wishing they had recruited Bossk for their coaxium heist.

IG-88 will be making an appearance as either a character or crew. So IG-88 could be one of the 3 and it would add another bounty hunter. That is from this quote from the product page:

Lando Calrissian may excel at rigging a game of sabacc, but IG-88 is more likely blast a hole in an organic!

No matter how many pictures of my full cupboard I send them, while begging for mercy, FFG keeps rolling the games out.

Will be keeping an keen eye on this one to see how it pans out. I haven't played any of the games that Outer Rim has been compared to, such as Firefly or Xia, so it's all new to me.

Hera is a good guess. Would expect either Cad Bane or Aurra Sing, as they both led crews and had ships at times.