New to the game - my solo play style

By stanmons, in Legacy of Dragonholt

I've read about the difficulties of playing the game with multiple players / characters.

Right off the bat, I would say any multiple player game play is really shoehorned to this concept. If you enjoy it in a group, good for you, but I could not see playing this in any other format than solo.

The number of characters I chose to play is 2. I felt one character, while it fits the system best, is still a bit limited experience.

Now, I don't use activation tokens at all. Instead I play like this:

• For a task, I choose available hero
  • If a task has secondary resolution like Athletics required after Dueling, it has to be naturally the same character
  • Any challenges that are clearly considering the whole group, such as running away from Goblins and suffering stamina, affects all characters individually

I find this quite working and balanced. With 3 or more characters playing like that I think the balance might shift towards too easy so 1 or 2 characters solo is definitely the sweet spot to experience Dragonholt.

Yep agreed mostly.

I play it with my wife and it works ok as its more about just playing an adventure game rather than watching a film 😀