Shrapnel rounds question

By Imjustapug, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

So im playing Drokatta in a campaign. He/she is next to the door (shares a corner, not adjacent), as is fenn (who is adjacent). Drok has shrapnel rounds and attacks the door. The blast from shrapnel rounds is not optional so I understand both fenn and drok suffer 1 damage. Is that right? I think blast still applies to Drok as he's adjacent to the target space, although not adjacent to the door (the object on the targetted space).

Question 2 - can i reduce blast to 0 from shrapnel rounds with the exhaust?

Question 3 - If i do use the exhaust, do I still have to give the damage to a friendly figure if there are no hostiles within 2 spaces? This would mean only one would take a damage. My opponent suggested that you can't choose to apply damage to a friendly figure so that may be invalid. I wasn't sure about that. If i can't apply to a friendly figure i guess i can still conplete as much of the exhaust as possible and reduce blast to 0. Is that correct?

Ok so i missed the faq that you can only target an empty space adjacent to a door, so although i shared a corner with the door, Drok shouldn't have been able to attack it (as Fenn was in the targetted space). I could have sat drok in the other adjacent space so not a big deal. I saw previous posts about being able to attack a door if you're adjacent even though it is not technically "empty" (you're in it). The same questions stand. 1 more follow up, does that mean that Drok can't suffer the blast as he is IN, not adjacent to, the targetted space?

Edited by Imjustapug
Grammar

1 - Yes, Blast affects each figure and object (that can suffer damage) other than the target of the attack adjacent to the target space.
2 - Yes.
3 - If there is a figure other than the target within 2 spaces, you need to choose one, whether hostile or friendly. If there is no figure other than the target within 2 spaces, nothing happens.

Companions in the target space suffer damage from Blast, because they are defined to be adjacent to figures and objects in the same space. Also, figures are defined to be adjacent to objects in the same space for the purposes of Blast and Cleave (see Attacking Objects), so I would argue that when you attack a door in your space, you're adjacent to the door in your space for the purposes of Blast and suffer damage from it.