[Training]
[Equipment]
[27]
Death Knights [24] 2x1
Reaping Blade [4] -
[Training]
Dispatch Runner [7] -
[35]

This one is yet untested, but looks so good on paper. three heavy hitters form quite a solid line, backed up by mobile DK's, with archers able to provide quite reliable support even while moving or shifting away from enemy, with occasional big surprises (expected FR is solid 2 peaking up to 16 on rounds when you do not make a basic shot)

I’d swap Reaping blade for Rank discipline. The list already has good access to mortal strikes between archers, lancers, and Ardus stealing surges. Also, it gives the death knights a reliable damage in an attack regardless if a target is high armor or not

they are primarily not to deal with stars, but rather with heroes or monsters.

I do not expect pair of DKs to deal 1 or 3 damage more to large block of infantry, but to repel some MSU, maybe wound a hero, block some charge, leave some panic and in this setting primarily to fire 1 or two dispatches at crucial moments.

For me then they will be worth their cost. In this army they are to keep out of fight till 3-4 round when bigger killas depleted enemy.

BTW I wish I could meet you on battlefield. love those battlereports and your creativity

Edited by Skaflok

I like where this list is headed. The issue I have with Fire Rune and Waiqar is that they have no way to control runes, so it’s highly variable (as you’ve noted). I tend to shy away from MSU, but I appreciate that many veteran players go this route. My thoughts here were to leverage Ardus’s ability as meaningfully as possible:

Ardus Lx’Erebus 37
Dimodian Blades 5
Ardus Fury 1
Carrion Lancers 27
WindRune 6
Simultaneous Orders 2
DeathKnights 42
Duskblade 8
Combat Ingenuity 6
Master Crafted Weapons 4
BullPennon 3
Reanimate Archers 45
Combat Ingenuity 6
Tempered Steel 3
Raven Standard Bearer 3

I also forgot to mention that I was trying to leverage Duskblade since it’s a card we don’t see often, but can be helpful against Threshers and Ravos

To Saruman: in our local meta there is no Uthuk issue. Bydgoszcz, Poland is one year behind the Death of Runewars ;).

Also, I still only have only two trays of DK's, had I more I'd gladly borrow your idea. Btw, does it work better for You that DK's impact stronger or that they win more charge' gambles with raven?

Also, I can see great potential with worms dealing blight, wind rune toward blighted enemy and get dispatched (best twice, before enemy can shake of blight)

Hi there,

I like having re-rolls with my units since I am bad at rolling dice in general. I find that with the initiative system in Runewars, multiple small units aren’t as effective as in Armada. It’s more of an issue when you have a lot of units acting on the same initiative number. With multiple small units, you can activate units away from the critical charge thereby forcing your appointment to move first if you choose.

The Carrion Worms with Wind Rune and Simultaneous Orders are fun. they can do exactly as you say. They give a blight and move out of the charge range for the target unit. this sets them up to charge the next round and lends their ability to Ardus.

Ive been kicking around fire rune and combat ingenuity. Ive liked it.

With no red runes, you can still roll up a panic or blight out of the fire rune. Or a blight or two with the normal shooting.

I don't think you count any symbols other than hits when resolving Fire Rune

20 hours ago, escutcheon said:

I don't think you count any symbols other than hits when resolving Fire Rune

Fire rune is a shooting attack. You count surges, panics... everything. The only thing that is special is your threat = red runes.