IA campaign question

By Cavkov, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I am interested getting into IA soon and main part is the campaign and the new app. But I have some question for the canpaign and how it plays out with all the expansions?

Is the core box it's own campaign and the expansions their own?

And I read that some single unit exp contain one or two missions, how do they fit into the other campaigns? Or are they all connected to the respective wave?

And with the new app and if I buy let's say Hoth exp campaign, will the single unit missions be added to the app if I buy them also?

Thanks!

There's a dedicated Legends of the Alliance forum up there...

The app has different content than the campaigns in the expansions:
- Flight of the Freedom Fighter (core) has a remotely similar story points than the core campaign.
- Jabba's Realm app campaign (Jabba's Realm box required) has a similar story than the Jabba's Realm campaign, the missions are similar but different, there is much more flavor text overall and in-mission choices.
- Return to Hoth app campaign (Return to Hoth box required) has a bit similar story than the RtH campaign, but the missions are different.

Each app campaign is 5 missions long (but there may be choices, for example the Jabba's Realm app campaign has 8 missions, and RtH has 6). There are no side missions, there are encounters. Figure packs enable certain ally encounters, and villains can appear in the missions when the mission need them.

Start with the boxed expansions (you get tokens for allies), then the figure packs that are not associated with any boxed expansion. If you don't want to play with tokens, then get everything....

The regular campaigns : the core box has a campaign, all big-box expansions have their own full campaigns, small-boxes have "minicampaign", ally and villain packs add side missions and agenda sets (some are associated with a boxed expansion and require tiles from that expansion for their missions, non-unique imperial units can be used immediately). Once you have the core set, you'll learn about them, so don't worry too much. The same thing about figure packs replacing tokens applies.

Edited by a1bert
7 hours ago, a1bert said:

There's a dedicated Legends of the Alliance forum up there...

The app has different content than the campaigns in the expansions:
- Flight of the Freedom Fighter (core) has a remotely similar story points than the core campaign.
- Jabba's Realm app campaign (Jabba's Realm box required) has a similar story than the Jabba's Realm campaign, the missions are similar but different, there is much more flavor text overall and in-mission choices.
- Return to Hoth app campaign (Return to Hoth box required) has a bit similar story than the RtH campaign, but the missions are different.

Each app campaign is 5 missions long (but there may be choices, for example the Jabba's Realm app campaign has 8 missions, and RtH has 6). There are no side missions, there are encounters. Figure packs enable certain ally encounters, and villains can appear in the missions when the mission need them.

Start with the boxed expansions (you get tokens for allies), then the figure packs that are not associated with any boxed expansion. If you don't want to play with tokens, then get everything....

The regular campaigns : the core box has a campaign, all big-box expansions have their own full campaigns, small-boxes have "minicampaign", ally and villain packs add side missions and agenda sets (some are associated with a boxed expansion and require tiles from that expansion for their missions, non-unique imperial units can be used immediately). Once you have the core set, you'll learn about them, so don't worry too much. The same thing about figure packs replacing tokens applies.

Thank you very much.

Which waves contain which boxed expansions, small boxes, ally & villains etc?