Storyline 2 playtest mission 1 reports..

By LTuser, in X-Wing Battle Reports

So like i did earlier, i am separating out my mission reports for playtesting of storyline 2's missions..

To bring over the postings i made of it in the other thread..

12 turn limit. Hostile terrain, 3x3 planet map.

Imperial forces are (at 2 players)

Starting out, Alpha squad 2 fighters

Beta Squad, 1 interceptors

1 Decimator.

Activating in Round 4 is a bomber in Charlie squad

and Activating in Round 7 is a 2nd bomber from Delta squad.

1 st Running: Went with 2 Y-wings to start. Crack and Wilt. Crack was given Squad Leader.

Round 1 – All forces moved, no shots by imperials. Both Crack and Wilt shot at but missed Mine field 3. No other activity.

Round 2 – Decimator got in range, and shot twice once at each Y-wing, stripping two shields from Wilt but missing Crack. Both Crack and wilt hit and score 5 damage on the Tie interceptor destroying it before it could get off a shot. Fighter Black-1 shoots and strips last shield from Wilt.

Round 3 – Tie fighter Green-2 bumps into Wilt, while both Y-wings maneuver out of both fighters arc. Crack drops his Seismic bomb causing 1 damage to both fighters, however the Decimator had a bank out of the way of running into the fighters. Turret 1 takes a long range shot but misses. Crack and Wilt combined fire to remove Mine-1.

Round 4 – Bomber Black 1 shows up. Maneuvers straight forward (unluckily), while both the Decimator and fighter Black-1 maneuver to being out of arc to shoot anyone, and Green-2 bumped the Decimator. Wilt dealt a 2 nd hull to Mine-3, while Crack missed his shot on the mine. Turret shoots and deals 2 hull damage to Wilt.

Round 5 – Wilt gets a TL on the Decimator, while Crack focused on Bomber Black-1. Bomber bumps black-1 fighter. The Decimator gave a 3 rd hull damage to Wilt, while Wilt's plasma torpedo stripped all 4 shields of the Decimator in return. Crack misses his shot with fighter Green-2, who misses his shot back. Turret 1 misses Wilt, but Turret 2 hit and deals a 4 th hull. Wilt's not looking too hot.

Round 6 – Fighter Green-2, Decimator and Bomber Black-1 move in a manner neither has a shot on any rebels. Fighter Black-1 does get a shot. Wilt and Crack close in on imperial base, and are too close for either turret to get off a shot, however Wilt and Crack combine fire, destroying Turret-1.

Round 7 – Bomber Silver-2 shows up. Fighter Black-1 again bumps into the Decimator, while the Decimator bumps into fighter Green-2 (conga line!!). Wilt and Crack strip all 3 shields from base's shield generator, and start performing their sensor scan on the facility. No imperials have a counter shot at the rebels.

Round 8 – Bomber Silver-2 and the Decimator get a TL on Crack while both rebel ships finish off their scans. Decimator shoots Crack missing, while Silver-2 does not, stripping 2 shields and dealing 1 stress with his Flechette torpedo. Both Crack and Wilt shoot but roll badily vs Turret-2. No other imperial shots fired.

Round 9 – Base scan complete, both fighters book out for northern edge, unfortunately this opened them up to Turret-2 and the others. Decimator bumps fighter Green-2, while Green-2 bumped Black-1 (yet another conga line). Neither Wilt or Crack have shots, even with turrets, vs any imperials. However, Turret-2 does, and kills Wilt.

Round 10 – Crack and Decimator trade misses, and both Bomber Silver-2 and Fighter Black-1 also miss their shots. However bomber Black-1 does not miss, stripping the last shield off of Crack, and dealing him 1 hull damage. The Turret also hits, dealing 2 more hull..

Round 11 – Both bombers hit and finish off Crack.

1 st IMPERIAL Victory.

Comments – Planning worked better, but that **** two shot Decimator, and the base's turrets did the rebels in more than anything. After 2 to 3 more play tests will get a feel if I need to drop the imperial facilities Turrets down to 1. And if I need to move the bombers to coming in later, say round 5 and 8 vice 4 and 7.

2 nd Running: Went with 2 X-wings, Basher and Grood. Basher has Squad leader.

Round 1 – No imperials have shots as before, but this time both X-wings destroy mine-3.

Round 2 – Both Basher and Grood TL the Interceptor, destroying it before it can get off a shot. The Decimator's first shot strips 1 shield from Grood but chews into Basher, stripping both shields off and dealing him 1 hull damage. Neither Fighter or Turret have a shot.

Round 3 – Due to how everyone moves, no fighters have shots at the rebels neither do they have any back, so they TL the 2 nd Turret, shooting and killing it. However Turret 1 strips last of Grood's shields and deals him 1 critical (pilot injured).

Round 4 – Bomber Silver-1 shows up, but gets no shot. Neither fighters have a shot, after the Decimator bumps into Green-2. Both rebels shoot at Mine 1 stripping it down to 1 hull remaining out of 3. The Turret misses.

Round 5 – Fighter Black-1 bumps the Decimator back, while Fighter Green-2 does a 5 K-turn giving It no shot. Bomber Silver 1 has no shot, neither does the Decimator. Grood deals 1 hull to Silver-1, while Fighter Black-1 misses his shot against Basher. Basher misses his return shot too.

Round 6 – Both Fighters bump into both X-wings, neither in a manner giving either a shot at the non-bumped rebel. Decimator makes a turn giving the X-wings it's back. Grood deals 2 nd damage to Silver-1. Basher misses his Torp shot on the Decimator.

Round 7 – Bomber Black-2 shows up, and gets promptly bumped into by bomber Silver-1. Bomber 2 shoots his cluster missile into Basher, and kills him. Both X-wings shoot (since they have the same PS) dealing 3 more damage to Silver-1.

Round 8 – Grood tries to flee the map board, taking 1 more hull damage (Bringing him to 2 hull).

Round 9 – Grood escapes board, Mission a Failure.

2 nd Imperial victory.

Comments – The Decimator was the big difference again, causing the big pain in the Intro, but after that, seemed useless. On-line one of the recommendations we are getting, is shifting the 1 st wave of Tie bombers, to starting out on the field, coming out of the Hanger, and shifting the Decimator to 'activating' on round 4.

3 rd running. Only 2 players again, X-wing Squeaky (with the R2-D2), and the Y-wing Unca (R3 astromech, plasma torp and munitions fail safe). 2 Players initially show up, but one had to leave while we were in set up. The other player had Squeaky, so I took the Y-wing from the 2 nd player.

Still 2 Tie fighters, 1 decimator and 1 Interceptor to start with for the empire, with a Tie bomber in each of round 4 and 7. Squeaky has Squad leader.. Other than in round 2, it made no impact, due to both of us being too far apart.

Round 1, Squeaky heads towards the interceptor, while Unca headed towards the fighters. No imps in range to shoot, and Unca's only shot is on Proxy mine 2, dealing 2 damage to it. Squeaky and the Interceptor trade shots, but miss.

Round 2, Unca gets in a bad shape, with both fighters AND the decimator having shots on him, while (due to how I stupidly maneuvered) I had no shot. Squeaky and the Interceptor trade shots again, with squeaky losing both shields, while the interceptor took 1 hull damage

Unca though lost all 3 of his shields and took a hull damage total, from both the Fighters and the Decimator.

Round 3, Squeaky lines the interceptor up for hopefully a kill shot, with it unable to retaliate, while I got off my plasma torp into the decimator. BUT not before taking 3 more hull damage from it. The Plasma missed totally and utterly (4 blank results!). Thanks to the Munition's failsafe though, I didn't expend it. Then I thankfully got missed by both fighters.

Round 4, Black-1 bomber shows up. Fighter red-1 bumps Unca, with fighter green-1 bumping him. The Decimator finishes me off, before I got off my shot. The interceptor traded shots again with Squeaky.

Round 5, Squeaky starts making his way to the escape edge, calling the mission a failure. Takes 2 hull damage from all the imperials.

Round 6, Squeaky makes it off the board, barely, after the Decimator moved to JUST being out of range.

3 rd Imperial victory. Will run a 2 nd time with the same guy, and a 3 rd person who shows up. Switching out Unca for Snoopy.

Edited by LTuser

The 4th running had us play with 4 rebel ships. So the Imperials shifted up to 2 Interceptors in Beta, 2 Bombers in Charlie, and 3 fighters in Alpha..

4 th running. Both players taking 2 fighters each, with the other player keeping squeaky, and taking the Y-wing Twitch (BTL-A4 title, with the Twin laser turret). For me, I took Grood for an X-wing (with straight up R2 astromech and a plasma torp), and Snoopy for my Y-wing (ion bomb, ion turret).

Imperials now up to 3 tie fighters. Should also have had a 2 nd interceptor, but forgot to include it, on the board (I buggered up). IF this run is also an imperial victory, will do as recommended on-line, and switch the Decimator with the 1 st wave of Tie bombers, that normally would come in on round 4. After the planning phase for round 2, we got a third player, who took over playing Squeaky, while the initial player kept with Twitch (since he put him in harm's way)..

Round 1, both X-wings and snoopy, head towards the interceptor. While Twitch went towards the 3 fighters. Shots traded, Twich loses 2 shields, while dealing out only 1 damage to fighter Red-1. Shots taken at the interceptor, but all were misses, even after 1 target lock was used up.

Round 2, the decimator strips the last shield from Twitch, while Proxy mine 2, gets 2 hull damage to it. The interceptor strips both shields from Squeaky, but gets missed by him and Grood's return shots.

Twitch misses all rolls vs Green-1 fighter.

Round 3, both Squeaky, Snoopy and Grood shoot the hanger bay, dealing it 10 total damage, destroying it, denying the imperials reinforcements that would have shown up on round 4. However, Grood gets whakked by the Decimator AND one of the turrets, losing both shields and taking 1 hull damage. Snoopy, drops his Ion bomb, dealing out 2 ion damage to the Decimator, Interceptor red-1, and fighter green-1.

Round 4, Twitch goes EVA from the Decimator's shots. While Snoopy loses his shields to both turrets.

Grood starts scanning the imperial base. Squeaky maneuvers to shoot the 2 nd turret, and thankfully gets missed by everyone.

Round 5, base scan going on, so Grood has to stay close, Squeaky kills the 2 nd turret, Snoopy takes 3 hull damage from the interceptor and the Decimator. Tie fighter black-1 gets destroyed.

Round 6, base scan complete for Grood, who starts making maneuvers to book out, Squeaky starts his scan just to be sure. Snoopy gets killed by fighters Red-1 and Green-1.

Round 7, Squeaky's scan complete, he joins Grood in making his moves to exit. Neither take more damage thankfully.

Round 8, Grood gets killed, by the Decimator before he can clear the board (had he been missed, he would have exited the next round). Interceptor red-1 and fighter green-1 both miss Squeaky.

Round 9, squeaky dies before he can exit the map.

4 th imperial victory, but people liked this mission MORE with 4 rebel ships. Poor planning initially led to too much damage to Grood before he could start the base scan.

Will make the following changes.

1) Decimator shifts to activating in Round 4, vice Round 1. Charlie's Bombers now are starting out.

Did 2 more runnings post that change. 1st up was one using 4 rebels.

Starting imp ships, 3 fighters in Alpha, 2 Interceptors (hanger A), Beta squad, and 2 bombers (Hanger B), Charlie squad.

Decimator activates in round 4, OR it may activate earlier. IF a rebel ship attacks IT or the base, roll 1 attack die. On a Critical hit, it activates as the LAST ship for that round (going after even the tie fighters). On a hit, it activates the following round as normal. On a focus or miss, it stays inactive.

A third bomber shows up Turn 7, on Hanger B.

The first round saw all 4 rebel fighters, make a B-line directly towards the Decimator, taking out 2 of the 4 imperial proximity mines outside the planet's atmosphere as defenses. Return fire, took both shields off Bash from the Tie fighters and Interceptors.

In the 2nd round, the bombers and interceptors went right past everyone, and we had free blasts on the Decimator, knocking off all its shields and damaging it for 3 hull damage. But lucked out with it onl rolling a focus, so no activation.

In round 3, Twitch killed off fighter Red-1. Bash and snoopy had damaged the decimator for 4 more hull damage, and Shatter dealt 2 hull to the 1st of two Imperial turrets on the base.

By round 4, when the decimator activated, there was a log-jam near the primary hanger, so it didn't go far, and there were lots of imperials bumping one another. Stayed that way for 2 more rounds, especially after snoopy ionized an Interceptor and the Decimator with his ion bomb. Turret 1 is destroyed.

Round 5, Shatter started scanning the base, but unfortunately got destroyed by the two bombers before he could complete it.

Round 6, saw Bash start scanning, and both Twitch and Snoop tried holding the other imps off. Twitch dies to the fire of the interceptors.

Round 7, both Bash and SNoopy make a break for it, getting as far away as possible, however Bash dies to fire from the Decimator and the fighters. Snoopy suffers some damage.

Round 8, snoopy gets further away and lucks out only having to survive 2 shots, both being misses. Good thing too as he was down to 1 hull left...

Round 9, Snoopy makes his escape with the data.

A hard fought victory. So now we are at, post first changes, 4 losses (PRE change) and 1 victory.

Will run it at home, with 3 rebel ships (dropping the empire down to 2 fighters, 2 interceptors and 1 bomber in both squads). See how it plays out then.

Since this was a play test only, NO Xp came to any rebel pilots. Had it not been, and was a regular mission, Snoopy would have earned 10, 4 for Bash, 2 for Shatter + loss of his most expensive upgrade (Not inc EPTS), and Twitch would have earned 4 post loss of his most expensive upgrade and 1/2 award.. Bash luckily rolled all 3 blanks for his going EVA so would have lost nothing..

6th running .

Went with 3 X-wings, Chaka, Jinn and Gruff.

Imperial forces drop down to 2 fighters 2 interceptors, 1 bomber to start.

All 3 rebels close into the decimator in round 1. Red-1 got locked by Gruff, Int Black-1 locked by Jinn and Chaka. ALL 3 rebels miss. Imperial counter fire however, did not miss. Chaka stripped of all shields and takes 1 hull damage.

Round 2, Gruff goes in towards the decimator again, while Jinn and Chaka slow down to try and take out at least one interceptor. Both tie fighters 3 left bank, taking them past Gruff, while the interceptors 2 left bank, causing int Black-1 to bump Chaka and Int-2 bumps him.

Gruff destroys Prox mine 1, Jinn Kills Red-1, while Chaka no shot. Fighter Green-1 takes shield off of Jinn. Now both him and Chaka have lost their stealth devices.

Round 3, Jinn, Chaka and Gruff all lock the Decimator. Several imps bump one another trying 5K's.

Rebels strip off all 5 shields from the Decimator and give it 1 hull and a Blinded pilot Critical. Black-1 strips both shields and gives 2 hull damage to Gruff.

Round 4, the Decimator activates. Rebels plan move, but Jinn winds up bumping Gruff. Decimator Cribbed for 6 more hull and a 2 nd Blinded pilot crit, so when it shots both times, this round, they “auto miss”. However Imperial counter fire, especially from the Turrets kill off Gruff and Chaka.

Round 5, Jinn dies without damaging anything..

Another solid imperial victory. Making 5 defeats, 1 win.

Will change it again, to where the interceptors activate in round 3, and the Decimator is kicked to activating on Round 5 (or sooner as per it's write up for if it gets attacked). Then will do a Re-run keeping with Jinn, Chaka and Gruff to start out.

Edited by LTuser

Wow.. Even after making the changes, all 3 rebels died to the decimator in round 5.. After they shot it in round 3, damaged it and caused it to activate in round 4. Crikey!

Well, next up a running with 3 Y-wings. I will try a Different tactic here, going straight AT the base to try and scan it ASAP...

8 th running, 2 nd post second line changes.

Went with Y-wings Dozer (taking Seismic charge and Plasma torp), Shunt (taking Proton bomb and seismic charge), and Unca (prot torp and seis charge). All # PS 3. All rebels lined up Just off being 'east facing'.

Round 1. All 3 rebels plan a 3 straight.

Both tie fighters perform a 2 left bank. Too far to do anything, so just evade. The Bomber 3 straights and focuses. Both Unca and Dozer lock onto Proxy mine 3. Destroy it. Shunt misses the Bomber. No other shots.

Round 2. All rebels plan another 3 straight.

Both fighters 4 straight and focus. The Bomber also 4 straights, locks Unca and focuses.

All rebels move, Unca locks Red-1 (has the TLT), while Shunt and Dozer lock the bomber. Both shots give it 2 hull and a Weapons Disabled Critical. Unca misses his shots.

The Bomber's counter shot takes 2 shields from Unca, while Red-1 misses and Green-1 takes 1 shield off Shunt, neutering his stealth device. Neither turret has shot (out range).

Round 3. The Interceptors show up on the Hanger bay. All 3 rebels plan a 3 right bank, to take them towards the imperial base.

Both Tie fighters perform a 2 right bank and focus. Both interceptors 5 straight and focus, while the Bomber 5ks.

Shunt bumps interceptor Black-1, while Unca Bumps int Brown-1. Dozer shifts his TL to the Hanger bay. Unca and Shunt shoot the Hanger giving it 4 hull damage, Dozer misses it wildly. Interceptor Black-1 shoots Unca, stripping his last shield and giving 1 hull damage, while Brown-1 has no shot (no arc). The Bomber misses Unca. Red-1 misses, and Green-1 strips 2 nd shield off Shunt. Both Turrets miss.

Round 4. All rebels plan 3 straight.

Both Tie fighters 3 right bank and focus. Interceptors both 5k, while the Bomber 2 straights, bumping into the back of Black-1.

Shunt moves dropping his Proton bomb, while Unca drops his Seismic charge. Then both re-lock the hanger bay. Dozer moves and locks the base shield generator. The Proton bomb goes off hitting both fighters and both interceptors. Gives a Damaged engine crit to both fighter Red-1 and Interceptor Brown-1, a direct hit (2 hull) to interceptor Black-1 and an Injured pilot crit to fighter Green-1 (ignored as has none, so just 1 hull). Then the Seismic bomb detonates giving a 3 rd hull to int Black-1, and a hull damage to Green-1, Brown 1 and Red-1.

Dozer's torpedo strips off all 3 shields from the shield generator but fails to punch into it's hull. While Unca and Shunt give 4 more hull damage total to the hanger bay (now at 8 hull damage out of 9 available). All imperials bar Green-1 have no shot (just out of range). Green-1 misses his shot on Dozer. Turret-1 shoots giving a Damaged sensor array crit to Unca, while Turret-2 misses Dozer.

Round 5. The Decimator Activates. Dozer plans a 3 left bank, getting in between the imperial turrets, while Unca plans a 2 left bank. Shunt plans a 2 straight.

Fighter Red-1 does a 3 right turn and focuses. Green-1 does a 1 right turn and focuses. Interceptor Black-1 does a 3 straight and focuses, while Int Brown-1 5 straights, and bumps Red-1. The Bomber 3 straights, and re-bumps int Black-1, so can't try to clear crit. The Decimator 3 left banks, locks Unca and focuses.

Shunt moves, dropping his Seismic charge first, then bumps into the Decimator, so can't act. Unca moves and clears crit, while Dozer moves and starts the base scans. As such he can't shoot.

Shunt's bomb kills off Interceptor Black-1 and Both tie fighters. Gives a 2 nd hull damage (well 3 rd really) to both Brown-1 and Green-1, and a 3 rd hull to the Bomber. Auspicious!

The decimator shoots, his first shot killing off Unca. His 2 nd misses Dozer (luckily). Turret 1 and 2 shoot Shunt, taking his last shield and giving him 2 hull damage. The remaining interceptor had a shot on Unca, but no more. The Bomber misses his shot on Shunt.

Round 6. The base scan is complete. Shunt plans a 3 right turn (taking a stress), while Dozer plans a 3 left turn (taking a stress).

The last interceptor 3 right banks, and focuses, while the Bomber 4 straights, and fails to clear his crit. The Decimator 3 banks, bumping into the Interceptor.

Dozer moves, no shot. Shunt moves and has one. The Decimator gives a 3 rd hull only, to Shunt (thankfully it bumped so couldn't focus!). Shunt's counter shot finally ends the Hanger bay. Thus the turn 7 second wave of a tie bomber can't come in.

The Interceptor shoots Shunt, barely hitting, giving him a 4 th hull. Bomber has no shot.

Both turrets too close to shoot Dozer, but out of range to shoot Shunt.

Round 7. Dozer plans a 3 left bank, will carry stress till escapes. Shunt plans a 2 straight to clear stress.

The Interceptor 5 straights, and can only evade (no arc, and would bump if it barrel rolled or boosted towards shunt). The Bomber 2 straights, bumping the Decimator, so STILL can't clear crit!.

The Decimator 1 left banks, cant move as it would bump the bomber, so can't act.

Shunt moves and clears stress, then locks the interceptor. Dozer moves, no action, no shot.

The Decimator shoots taking one of Dozer's shields. Shunt misses the Interceptor, and neither the interceptor or bomber have a shot. Both turrets try to shoot Dozer, but miss.

Round 8. Dozer plans a 3 straight, while Shunt plans a 2 right turn. The Interceptor 3 right turns, but due to his Damaged engine can't act. The Bomber also 3 right turns, and STILL fails to clears his critical.

The Rebels move, with Shunt locking the Int. The Decimator strips the last shields off Dozer. The last interceptor dies to Shunt, then gets missed by the return fire from the Bomber. No turrets have a shot.

Round 9, Dozer plans a 3 right bank, Shunt a 2 left bank. The Bomber does a 2 straight, and barrel rolls right to get a shot on Shunt. The Decimator 2 right banks, locks Dozer and focuses. Shoots and damages him for 2 hull. Dozer still no return shot. Shunt kills off the bomber before it can shoot.

Round 10, Dozer plans a 3 straight and will escape. Shunt plans a 1 left bank. The Decimator has only a 2 left turn to perform, to stay off the board's edge. No shot from him. Shunt gives 2 hull damage to PM4.

Round 11, Shunt 3 left banks, the Decimator does another 2 left turn. Has no shot. Shunt kills PM3.

Round 12, Shunt plans 4 straight, while the Decimator 3 left banks. Shoot and kills Shunt before he can return fire.

2 nd Rebel victory, while there's 6 losses.. 1 win of 3 since made 2 nd changes.. Running at the base worked out better, but the bombs of the Y-wings REALLY shined.

9 th running. 3 rd running since 2 nd line changes made.

Going with X-wings Grood (PS3), Spot (PS4) and Y-wing Crack (PS3, going with Seismic bomb and Flechette torpedo, does not have seismic torpedo or PS upped to 4 yet). All rebels aligned at a “4.30 o'clock' to take them directly towards the Hanger.

Round 1, both X-wings plan 4 straight, Crack plans a 3 straight.

Fighter Red and Green-1 both 3 left bank and evade (no range to shoot). Bomber 3 straights and focuses. All rebels move. Crack and grood lock PM 4, while Spot locks PM 3. Both Crack and Grood miss, but Spot gives 1 hit to PM3. No other shots.

Round 2, both X-wings again plan 4 straight, Crack plans a 3 left bank.

Both tie fighters 4 straight and focus. The Bomber again does a 3 straight, locks onto Spot and focuses.

Crack moves locking PM4, while Grood and Spot lock the hanger. Both shoot their torpedos, Spot giving the hanger 3 hull damage, while Grood only gives it a single hull, bringing it to 4 hull damage. Not enough to stop the interceptors showing up next round.

Crack destroys PM4. Bomber shoots Crack taking 2 of his shields and neutering his Stealth device. Neither fighter has a shot.

Round 3 the interceptors of Charlie show up (Brown and Black-2). Again the X-wings both plan a 4 straight to get in as close as possible to the base hoping to kill off at least one of the turrets. Crack plans a 3 right bank this time.

Both tie fighters 3 right bank and then perform a right barrel roll to get an arc on Crack. Both interceptors 4 straight and focus. The Bomber 3 right turns and focuses (has no arc to shoot anyone).

Crack moves dropping his Seismic charge, which deals 1 hull damage to both tie fighters. Then he locks onto Brown-2. Spot and Grood both lock Turret 1, but deal it only 3 damage. Crack's shot a the Interceptor causes only 1 hull damage. It's return shot takes his last shield and gives 2 hull damage. Turret 1's shot at Grood strips off both shields, and gives 2 criticials (damaged cockpit and weapons malfunction). Turret 2 totally whiffs his shot at Grood.

Round 4 Both X-wings plan a 3 left bank, while Crack plans another 3 right bank.

Fighter Red-1 3 banks to the right bumping into the Bomber. While Green-1 3 right turns and focuses.

Interceptor Brown-2 does a 2 straight and evades (no shot), while Black-2 tries a 3K and bumps fighter Green-1. The Bomber 3 banks right, focuses and locks Spot.

Crack bumps Grood (no action), while Grood gets in range to start the base scan. Spot locks Turret 2.

His shot kills the turret. Crack gives 2 more hull to the Hanger (now at 6 of 9 hull). Green-1 is only imp with shot, but he misses Crack. Turret 1 also misses Crack.

Grood's scan now complete. Will earn +2xp if he escapes, or +1 if he doesn't escape.

Round 5, the Decimator activates. Grood and Spot both plan 3 left turns, while Crack plans another 3 right bank.

Grood moves and clears his crit.

Red-1 performs a 3 right turn bumping interceptor Brown-2. Green-1 does a 4 straight and focuses. Both Interceptors 3k. Bomber 3 right turns again, and focuses. The Decimator 4 straights locks spot and focuses. Crack moves and re-locks the hanger bay.

Spot moves and focuses. Shoots the bomber but misses. Crack shoots and destroys the Hanger bay (this means Delta squad's bomber won't show up in round 7). The Decimator shoots taking off 1 shield from Spot, and gives Crack 2 more hull damage. Crack's now at 4 hull damage (out of 5).

No other shots incoming. Turret 1 out of range to shoot.

Round 6, both X-wings plan 4 straight, Crack plans another 3 right bank.

Red-1 4 straights and bumps Gren-1. Green-1 right 2 turns and has no shot, so evades. Interceptor Brown-2 straight 5's and bumps into Red-1. Int black-2 also 5 straights, and focuses. Bomber 3 left banks, shifts lock to Spot and focuses. Decimator 2 left banks, focuses after locking Spot again.

Crack moves and locks interceptor Brown-1. Spot and Grood move, locking PM 2. Their shots destroy the mine. Decimator takes spot's last shield and gives him a munitions failure crit (no effect, so 1 hull damage). No one in range for his 2 nd shot. No other imperial has arc to shoot, turret 1 no range to shoot.

Round 7, Both X-wings plan another 4 straight. And Crack plans another 3 right bank.

Fighter red-1 right 1 turns, bumping into interceptor Black-2. Green-1 right 2 banks and evades. Interceptor Brown-2 also banks 2 right, and bumps fighter Red-1. Int black-2 right 3 turns and bumps fighter Green-1. (man its a Conga of bumping!). The Bomber 3 left turns, no shot so focuses. Crack moves and locks PM 3. Decimator 3 straights, bumps the bomber.

Spot and grood move and focus. Decimator's shot misses Spot. Crack kills PM 3. No other shots again.

Round 8, both X-wings escape. Crack survives being shot at by Green-1.

Round 9 Crack escapes before gets shot at.

SOLID rebel win. 3 rd win vs 6 losses overall. 2 nd win in 4 runnings since 2 nd line changes made.

XP that would have been earned, 6 for crack, 7 for both X-wings. Average 7xp award holding.

10 th running, and last with 3 rebel ships. 4 th since second line changes made.

Going with 2 Y-wings, Doc and Wilt. And the X-wing Squeaky. Squeaky PS3, with plasma torp, Lone wolf EPT and Vectored thrusters (Does not yet have PS4 or shield upgrade). Doc PS3 with Ion torp, Predator EPT and PS3 (does not yet have PS4 or Ion torpedo). Wilt is PS3 with Expertise and Stealth device (Does not yet have PS4, shield upgrade or thermal detonator).

All 3 rebels are lined up, facing more south/east, towards the Decimator.

Round 1. All 3 rebels plan 3 right bank.

Tie fighters all do 3 straight, evade as have no arc to shoot. The bomber 2 straights, and just focuses.

The Rebels move with Squeaky locking PM1, and both Doc and Wilt locking PM3. Both Doc and Wilt's shot miss, but Squeaky's scores a home run (3 crits vs no evades) destroying his proxy mine.

No imperials have shot.

Round 2, Both Doc and Wilt plan 3 straight, while Squeaky plans 4 straight.

Both fighters 3 left bank, and focus. The Bomber 3 straights, locking Doc and focuses.

Squeaky moves, just out of arc to shoot the fighter, so gives Protect action to Wilt. Wilt moves and locks Green-1, Doc moves and re-locks the proxy mine 3. His shot gives it 1 hull, Wilt finishes it off with his forward guns.

The Bomber shoots taking off 1 shield from Doc, while Green-1 takes both others. Red-1 misses Wilt (thanks to the Prot action from Squeaky).

Neither turret in range to shoot still.

Round 3, the interceptors show up (Brown and Black-2). Squeaky plans a 3 left bank, Wilt and Doc a 3 straight. The Tie fighters both left 2 bank, Red-1 bumps into Wilt, Green-1 is ok, but only can evade. The interceptors both roll a 4 straight, then barrel roll to the left. The Bomber 3 left turns, bumping into Doc.

Squeaky moves and locks the Decimator, So does Wilt. Doc moves and drops his Proton bomb before moving, however he bumps interceptor Brown-2. The bomb detonates giving a Minor hull explosion to fighter Red-1 equaling 2 hull, and a Structural damage crit to the Bomber. However his bumping gives him no action.

He shoots Red-1 with his Dorsal turret, but misses.

Squeaky shoots his plasma torpedo taking 4 shields from the Decimator, while Wilt's torpedo strips its last shield off and gives it 2 hull damage (1 from a hull, 1 from Thrust cont fire crit, ignored, shifted to 2 nd hull).

Of the imperials only Interceptor Black-2 has a shot and he wiffs badly on Doc (4 blanks vs an evade). Neither turret still has a shot. Luckily the Decimator does not activate, rolling a blank.

Round 4, Squeaky plans a 1 straight, Wilt a 2 straight, and Doc a 3 straight.

Fighter Red-1 does a 3k, while Green-1 rolls a 1 left turn, then he barrel rolls left to get away from the map's edge. Interceptors both 2 left bank, and have no shot (can't boost or barrel roll as too much is around them, so just evade). The Bomber 3 turns and bumps into int Brown-2. As such he can't clear his critical.

Squeaky and Doc focus, but Wilt bumps Squeaky (eyeballing it I thought they'd miss).

Squeaky's shot gives a Damaged engine and Damaged cockpit critical and 2 hull to the Decimator (now at 6 hull damage overall inc 2 crits), while Wilts and Doc's brings it to 11 hull damage total, 3 of them being criticals (now also has a blinded pilot crit. When activates next round will be at PS0).

The bomber is the only imp that can shoot, but he misses Wilt. Turret 1 shoots giving a hull damage to Doc. Turret 2 still to far to shot.

Round 5, the Decimator activates. Squeaky plans a 4 straight, while both Y-wings plan a 2 left turn, hoping the Decimator will not be there. Unfortunately it IS after it rolls a 2 left turn. Locks Doc and focuses. Fighter Red-1 right 3 banks, bumping Interceptor Black-2. Green-1 left 2 turns and focuses. Both interceptors 2 left turn, with Brown-2 barrel rolling to get an arc to shoot at Wilt, but this causes Black-2 to bump him. The Bomber 2 left banks, barely gets by int Black-2, and clears his crit.

Squeaky moves and barrel rolls to the left so he can get an arc on Turret 1. Doc moves, bumping the Decimator, but avoids taking damage from it's Anti-pursuit laser. Wilt bumps Doc. Wilt Kills the Decimator (YAY), while Doc shoots the Hanger bay, giving it a total of 3 hull damage. Squeaky's shot gives 2 hull to the Turret.

Green-1 shoots Wilt taking a shield and neutering his Stealth device. Red-1 and the Bomber both miss their shot. Neither Int has a shot. However squeaky loses both shields to the turrets.

Round 6, Squeaky plans a 3 left bank, to land him right On turret 1 (so it can't shoot), Doc also plans a 3 bank, but Wilt plans a 3 straight.

Fighter Red-1 3 straights, bumping into Green-1. Green-1 then 4 straights and bumps Wilt. Both interceptors 3 left bank, with Brown-2 boosting to the left to get an arc, and Black-2 barrel rolling to the left to do the same (had he boosted instead he'd have bumped). The Bomber tries a 3 left bank and bumps fighter Red-1.

Squeaky moves, and starts the Base scan. Wilt moves and barrel rolls to the left to get out of some of the imperial's arcs, while Doc focuses. Both of them shoot the Hanger bay destroying it (Wilt's 3 die were two hits and a crit, Docs was 3 crits, equaling 10 hull damage just there!!)

Int Brown-2 takes Wilt's last shields, while Turret-1 gives a 2 nd hull to Doc along with a Weapon malfunction crit. Turret 2 gives Squeaky 2 hull damage (OUCH!). No other imp can shoot (thanks to Wilt's barrel roll!!).

Scans of base now complete.

Round 7, Wilt and Doc both plan 3 left bank, while Squeaky plans a 3 left turn.

Fighter Red-1 does a 2 left turn and focuses. Green-1 banks and bumps int Black-2. Both int's bank and focus, while the Bomber 3 left turns and has to barrel roll to get an arc to shoot, but gets a Free lock on Wilt.

Wilt moves and again barrel rolls, to put the turrets at range 3 vice 2, Doc moves and focuses, So does Squeaky. None have a shot. Black-2 misses Wilt, while Brown-2 gives him a hull damage (was a munitions failure crit but has no munitions left). Green-1 misses squeaky. Turret 1 gives a 2 nd hull damage to Wilt, while Turret 2 kills Doc (DOH!).

Round 8. Both squeaky and Wilt die, before either can get anywhere close to fleeing..

Imperial victory.

The turrets were the big difference here. Maybe I should have had the rebels go more for kills on them, vice trying to flee.. 3 rd win vs 7 losses overall. 2 nd win in 5 runnings since 2 nd line changes made.

Wilt would have earned 8xp before his EVA, Doc 5 and Squeaky 6. Still holding steady at 7xp overall (before any EVA penalties).

Well, Story 2 Mission 1, now looks ok at 3 players. Now onto running it 4 times with 5 rebels. Hard but Do-able. All depends on tactics...

1 st running at 5 players.

Using rebels Grood (PS4), Gruff (PS3), Jinn (PS4), Chaka (PS4) and Spot (PS4). Squad leader on Jinn.

Imperial forces upgraded to Starting – Alpha (3 fighters, Red, Green and Blue-1) starting in “Zone D” and Beta squad (2 Tie bombers, Black and Gold-1) starting on Hanger bay 2. Beta squadron still uses the same “Seismic charge AI pilot card”.

Coming in on Round 3, is Charlie squadron's 3 Interceptors (Red, Brown and Black-2) out of Hanger bay 1.

The Decimator Activates on Round 5 (or before, see above play tests for when kicks in) with +3 shields vice just +1 shield)

And Delta squad shows up on Round 7 (Black and Silver-3), like Beta, they use Hanger bay 2. Delta squadron shifts up to using the “Flechette torpedo” AI pilot card.

All rebels except Gruff, lined up for a direct B-line towards Hanger bay 1. Gruff lined up just off true east.

Round 1, All rebels plan 4 straights.

All 3 tie fighters 3 left bank and evade (not in range to shoot just yet). Both Bombers 4 straight and focus.

The rebels move. With Gruff locking onto PM 4, Spot and Jinn Locking PM 3, and Chaka/Grood locking PM2. Spot misses, while Grood gives PM2 two hull damage. Spot gives PM3 a hull damage, Jinn finishes it off, and Gruff kills his in one shot (2 crits!).

Red and Green-1 shoot Chaka but miss, while Blue-1 hits him for a shield damage, and neuters his Stealth Device.

Neither bomber has arc to shoot Gruff.

Round 2, all rebels bar Gruff, plan another 4 straight. Gruff plans a 3 right turn.

All 3 tie fighters 2 right bank, and Focus. Both bombers 2 straight, lock onto Gruff and Focus.

All rebels move. Chaka, Grood and Spot are in range to lock onto the 1 st Hanger bay, Jinn Is just out of range to do so, so uses Squad leader to give Grood a Focus. Chaka fires his torpedo, giving 2 hull damage to the hanger, Sport gives it 3 more, while Grood's is a lucky 4 Critical roll, a little overkill as it needed only 4 hull more, and each crit = 2 hull vs emplacements. Hanger bay 1 now destroyed, so Charlie's Interceptor squad will not show up now. +1xp for all, for stopping one of the reinforcement squads. +2xp for Grood for the kill shot.

Gruff shoots bomber Black-1 giving him a single critical hit (the Bomber's defense roll was 2 evades and even then he had to spend his lock to damage it). The Critical is a “Thrust Control fire” making it take 1 stress (so it won't get its auto target lock free action next round), then its flipped over to make 1 hull damage.

Black-1's counter shot strips off both of Gruff's shields, and smacks him with a “Direct hit” critical = 2 hull damage. Gold-1's shot hits him for 2 more hull damage, killing Gruff off. Earned only 2xp. DOH.

Red-1 misses Grood, while Green-1 takes 1 shield off of him (would have been 2 shields AND a hull, but the defense die were two focuses, which were converted to 2 evades via the Focus token given by Jinn's squad leader). Blue-1 shoots Chaka taking his 2 nd shield. Turret-1 shoots but misses.

Round 3, all 4 rebels plan another 4 straight, hoping to get as close to the imperial facility as soon as possible.

All 3 tie fighters roll a 3 right turn, with Red and Blue-1 making it ok, but being now in front of the rebels, they take an evade (as they have no arc to shoot right now). Green-1 however bumps into Chaka and misses his action.

Bomber Black-1 rolls a 3 left turn and uses his action to clear his stress. Gold-1 does the same 3 left turn, locks onto Spot and focuses.

Grood and Jinn lock onto Turret 1, while Chaka and Spot lock onto Turret 3. Grood gives Turret 1 a hull damage, while Jinn gets the kill blow. Chaka gives Turret 3 two hull, and is finished off by Spot.

Red-1 shoots taking both Jinns shields (neutering his stealth device as well, so both rebels with one are now damaged), Green-1 misses Grood, while Blue-1 misses Jinn. Turret 2 takes both Spot's shields. Neither bomber has range or arc to shoot.

Round 4, Spot and Jinn plan a 3 left bank, while Grood and Chaka plan a 4k. They will both be in range 1 of the base. Jinn will use SQL to give Grood an action he uses to Scan the base.

All Tie fighters roll a 4k (strange that). Green-1 bumps Grood again, while Red and Blue-1 maneuver ok. Bomber Black-1 rolls a 3 left bank, no shot (out of arc) so just focuses, while Gold-1 Left 3 turns, locks Spot again and focuses.

Chaka and Grood move, taking their stress. Jinn moves and uses SQL to give action to Grood. Spot takes a focus. Shoots turret 2 and kills it. Jinn now has no shot. Chaka misses Blue-1.

Due to the K-turn, neither Red or Blue-1 have arc to shoot. Green-1 takes Grood's last shield. All rebels now shieldless) . Gold-1 misses Spot wildly (even with spending his lock he rolled 2 blanks both times). Black-1 misses Grood. BASE SCAN now complete.

Round 5, the Decimator now activates. Spot and Jinn plan a 3 left turn, to start their maneuvers to the Exfiltration edge, while Chaka and Grood plan a 1 left bank.

Tie fighters Red and Blue-1 both roll a 3 right turn, this causes Blue-1 to bump Green-1. Green-1 does a 4 straight, and bumps Jinn. Red-1 is the only one with an action and he focuses.

Bomber Black-1 left 3 turns, locks Jinn and focuses, while Gold-1 left 3 banks, bumping Red-1 and gets no action.

The Decimator 4 straights, locks Chaka and focuses.

The Rebels move with Spot and Jinn focusing, Grood bumping Green-1 and Chaka bumping Grood (thanks to the fighter's blocking!).

Chaka shoots and gives Green-1 a hull damage, while Grood misses Red-1. Jinn gives PM2 two hull damage, Spot finishes it off.

The Decimator's first shot kills Chaka, and his 2 nd shot gives Grood a hull damage and a “Minor hull damage” Critical. Things are not looking good for Grood again.

Bomber Black-1 misses, while Gold-1 gives Jinn a hull damage.
Neither Blue or Red-1 have shot, but Green-1 does but he misses.

Round 6, Jinn and Spot plan another 4 straight. Grood plans a 3 left bank, hoping to get enough distance between him and the Decimator.

Fighter Red-1 turns left 1 and focuses. Green-1 does a 4k. Blue-1 right 3 turns and focuses. Bomber Black-1 4 straights, relocks Jinn and focuses, while Gold-1 does a 2 straight bumping into Red-1.

The Decimator 2 left turns bumping into Grood. No action.

All 3 remaining rebels move, all take focuses. None have shots.

The Decimator luckily misses Grood. (1 hit, 3 blanks vs 1 evade and 1 blank)

No other imperials in range or arc to shoot anyone.

Round 7, Delta Squad's two Bombers (Black and Silver-3) show up on hanger 2. All rebels plan a 4 straight. One more round and both Spot and Jinn will escape.

Fighter Red-1 turns 2 to the right and evades. Green-1 straights 4 and bumps Red-1. Blue-1 left 3 turns and focuses. Black-1 5ks, no action. Gold-1 banks 1 right and bumps Grood. Black and Silver-3 both 3 straight and lock Spot and focus. Decimator 2 straights bumping Green-1. No action again.

The Rebels move with all taking focuses. Again the Decimator misses his shot on Grood. All other imperial shots also miss. One only barely vs Spot.

Round 8, both Jinn and Spot escape with the data. Grood is still on the field. Plans a 3 right bank. No Imperial gets close to him due to lots more bumping.

Round 9, he does another 3 right bank, but finally gets killed.

Rebel victory, but costly with the loss of 3 of 5 ships.

Xp that would have been earned.. 6 to spot and Jinn, 5 to Chaka, 3 to Grood and 2 to Gruff. Bonuses would increase it to 7/7/6/5/3. 28xp overall, averaging out to 6xp each.

I won't be able to rush in like this with the Y-wings, to take out that hanger. Need new tactic for them, but at least THEY have bombs and turrets!!!

3 rd running at 5 ships.

Going with 3 X-wings (Bash, Shatter and Squeaky) and 2 Y-wings (Twitch and Snoopy)

Squeaky is still at PS 3 has Lone wolf EPT and a plasma torp. Bash is PS4 with the Outmaneuver EPT and will go with the Proton torpedo for his munition. Shatter is PS3, and has Marksmanship EPT and will also go with the Proton torpedo. Snoopy is PS4, having an Ion bomb and Proton torp with the Expertise EPT and a stealth device. Twitch is likewise PS4 with the BTL-A4 title and a Twin Laser turret. He has a Cluster mine and Plasma torp, and Predator EPT.

Both Y-wings will line up more towards due east, to close in on the Bombers, while All 3 X-wings are lined up to take them directly to the 1 st Hanger bay, hoping to get close enough their 3 torpedos will destroy it before the Interceptors can show up.

Round 1, all 3 X-wings plan 4 straights, while both Twitch and Snoopy plan 3 straights.

All 3 tie fighters 3 left bank and evade. Both Bombers (Black and Gold-1) 2 straight and focus.

All rebels move. Bash locks PM 3, Squeaky locks PM1, Shatter activates Marksmanship EPT, Twitch and Snoopy both focus (too far to shoot).

Bash shoots and destroys PM3, while Shatter does same to PM1. Squeaky shoots but misses fighter Red-1.

Red-1's counter shot takes 1 shield from Bash. Green-1 misses. No other shots.

Round 2, All 3 X-wings plan another 4 straight, while Twitch and Snoopy plan 3 right banks.

All tie fighters 4 straight, causing Red-1 to bump into Bash, while Blue and Green-1 focus. Both bombers 3 left bank. Both lock onto Shatter and focus.

Rebels move. All 3 X-wings lock onto Hanger bay 1. Snoopy locks onto Bomber Black-1 while Twitch focuses. Snoopy shoots his Proton torpedo at the bomber, giving it 1 hull and an Engine Damage critical hit. Twitch causes him 2 more hull damage.

Bash's torpedo causes 5 total hull (3 regular hits and a crit = 2 hull). Shatter's misses. Squeaky's torpedo gives only 1 hull damage more. Not sufficient to deny Interceptor group Charlie showing up next round. DOH!

Bomber Gold-1 shoots snoopy, taking a shield and neutering his Stealth device. Black-1's shot on Shatter misses. None of the Tie fighters have a shot, neither do the turrets.

Round 3, The Interceptors of Charlie (Red, Brown and Black-2) show up.

Twitch and Snoopy both plan a 3 left bank. Same for all 3 X-wings.

All 3 tie fighters 2 right bank and focuses. All 3 Tie interceptors try a 5K, with Black-2 bumping Shatter, Red-2 bumping Squeaky and Brown-2 bumping Red-2.

Bomber Gold-1 rolls a 5k, bumping Snoopy, while Black-1 straights 1, locks Snoopy and focuses.

Rebels move. Squeaky locks onto Turret 2, while Shatter re-activates Marksmanship. Bash focuses. Twitch also focuses and Snoopy locks Interceptor Black-2. His shot gives 1 hull and 1 ion damage.

Twitch shoots PM 2 killing it. Bash shoots turret 1, causing only 1 hull, while Shatter and Squeaky destroy Turret 2.

No imperial ship has a shot. Turret 1 and 3 shoot Bash, both luckily (for Bash) miss.

Round 4. All 3 X-wings plan a 3 right turn taking them into the base. Twitch and Snoopy plan a 2 right turn. Twitch will drop Cluster mine for his action.

All 3 tie fighters roll a 2 right bank, Red-1 bumping into bomber Gold-1, while Blue and Green-1 both Focus. Int Red and Brown-2 both try a 3k, with Red-1 Bumping into fighter Blue-1, and Brown-2 bumping him. Black2 only goes 1 forward and evades. Bomber Black-1 left 3 turns, bumping into interceptor Brown-2. Bomber Gold-1 5ks, both have no action.

Snoopy drops his ion bomb before moving, then Locks onto Bomber Black-1. Twitch drops cluster mine. Shatter starts his Base scan. Squeaky locks Turret 1 and Bash locks Turret 3.

Snoopy's Ion bomb goes off, giving 2 ion tokens to EVERY FIGHTER, EVERY interceptor and Bomber Black-1. His shot on Black-1 then gives it a 4th hull damage and a 3 rd ion token.

Twitch finishes of destroying Hanger bay 1 (other than XP farming it doesn't do anything for the mission, but its good to do!)Squeaky kills Turret 1, while Bash gives turret 3 a hull damage.

No interceptor or Bomber has a shot. All 3 tie fighters shoot at Twitch but miss.

Turret 3 misses Bash.
BASE SCAN Complete, rebels can now flee!.

Round 5, the Decimator now activates.

Shatter plans a 4k, Bash a 2 right turn, 3 right turn for Squeaky, 3 right banks for both Y-wings.

All 3 tie fighters go 1 forward, bleeding off 1 of their ion tokens. Red-1 runs over the left most part of the Cluster mine, taking 2 crits (a direct hit and a munitions failure) dying. Green-1 runs over the middle part taking 2 damage. Blue-1 misses the right most one (will run over it next round though!) and evades. Int Red-2 moves ok and evades. Brown-2 bumps him again, while Black-2 bumps into fighter Blue-1 (both now have no action). Bomber Black-1 moves and focuses, while Gold-1 straight 3's and focuses.

The Decimator 3 banks left bumping into Bash. No action.

The Rebels move. Squeaky bumps into the Decimator, losing a shield from its Anti-pursuit laser. Bash can't clear the Decimator, so stays where he is. Does not take damage from the APL. Shatter moves and picks up a Stress. Both Twitch and Snoopy move and lock onto the Decimator.

Shatter's shot on the Base shield generator knocks 2 of its 3 shields off. Bash shoots and finishes off Turret 3. Twitch and Snoopy combine to take 4 shields off the Decimator with their torpedos.

The Decimator's counter shot misses Twitch (had it had a focus though that would have been another story). No other imp has a shot.

Round 6, Squeaky plans a 4k this time, Shatter a 1 right bank to clear his stress, Bash also goes for a 4k. Twitch plans a 2 right turn and Snoopy plans a 3 right bank.

Both Blue and Green-1 bleed off their last ion token moving 1 forward Blue 1 lucks out even though it runs over the last part of the cluster mine, taking no damage (BOO). Int Red-2 and both Fighters Evade. Brown-2 bumps Red-2 again. Black-2 also evades. Bomber Black-2 moves and focuses. Gold-1 right 3 banks, bumping into fighter Blue-1. The Decimator 4 straights, locks Snoopy and focuses.

Shatter barrel rolls after clearing his stress, Bash and Squeaky take a stress. Twitch bumps into Snoopy, while Snoopy locks bomber Black-1 again. His shot kills the bomber off finally. Shatter's shot strips the last shields off the Decimator, while Bash's shot gives it 2 hull. Twitch 's shot on Black-2 gives it a 2 nd hull damage.

The Decimator's shot on Snoopy takes his remaining 3 shields, while it's 2 nd shot shatter takes 2 of his shields (would have been 3 had he not used his droid to bleed one of the hits off, taking a stress again doing so).

Squeaky's shot gives the Decimator a 3 rd hull. Again no other imperial has a shot.

Round 7, the Tie bombers (Black and Silver-3) of Delta squad show up on Hanger 2.

Squeaky and Shatter both plan 1 left banks to clear their stress while Bash plans a 1 straight to do the same. Twitch plans a 3 right bank, while Snoopy plans a 2 right bank.

Fighter Green-1 right 1 turns, while Blue-1 right 2 banks, both now focus (YAY they can shoot again). Interceptor Red-2 and Brown-2 both 1 left turn, then both barrel roll to the left to avoid the map's edge. Interceptor Black-2 3ks. Gold-1 right 3 banks, locks onto Shatter and focuses. Both bombers in Delta, 2 HARD left turn. The Decimator moves 3 left turn, locks Shatter and focuses.

The Rebels move, with Squeaky regaining 1 shield and locking onto Int Black-2. Snoopy locks the same interceptor. Twitch locks the Decimator. Shatter re-activates Marksmanship.

Twitch fires his torpedo at the Decimator but totally whiffs, even WITH predator. Snoopy gives Int Black-2 a hull and an ion token, Bash shoots Silver-3 giving it a SINGLE hull damage. Shatter gives the Decimator 3 more hull damage (now at 7 of 12).

It's return shot gives only 1 hull damage to Shatter. Squeaky's shot gives 2 more hull, and a blinded pilot critical to Silver-3.

Due to that, his return shot auto misses. Black-3 has no shot. Gold-1 shoots snoopy but misses. Shatter takes 1 hull from Blue-1, green-1 missing. Twitch loses his first shield to interceptor Black-2 (and his stealth device). Both the other interceptors have no shot.

Round 8, Twitch plans a 4 straight (will take the stress), same for Shatter. Squeaky and Bash 3 left banks, and Snoopy a 3 right bank.

Fighter Green-1 left 3 banks, while Blue-1 attempts a 2 straight and bumps into Silver-3.

Int Black-2 bleeds off his ion going 1 forward and then boosts to the let. Red-2 left 3 banks, leading again to Brown-2 bumping him. Gold-1 straights 1 locking Squeaky. Silver-3 left 3 turns, locks Bash and focuses. While Black-3 left 1 banks and locks bash also. Decimator does a 3 left turn locking Twitch and focusing.

The Rebels move, Squeaky bumps bomber Gold-1, Bash locks the Decimator, Shatter focuses, Snoopy focuses, and Twitch stresses.

HE has no shot. Snoopy misses interceptor Red-2. Shatter destroys PM2, Bash gives an 8 th hull to the Decimator (along with a stress from a Thrust control fire),. Squeaky wiffs.

The Decimator's first shot strips Twitch of his shields, and luckily misses Shatter.

Gold-1 shoots bash taking his last shield, while Black-3 hits and kills Bash with 3 crits (DOH!).

Silver-3 has no shot. Int Black-2 misses snoopy.

Round 9, Squeaky, Shatter and Snoopy all plan 4 straights, Twitch a 3 straight.

The imperials all move. No one dies.

Round 10, Shatter, Snoopy and Twitch escape before they can be shot.

Squeaky dies before he can escape.

Solid rebel win. Xp that would have been earned. 9 for shatter, 8 for Twitch and Bash, 7 for Snoopy and 5 for squeaky. Holding strong on the 7xp average.

1 loss, 2 wins @ 5 ships. One more running and I will consider this complete.

4 th and LAST running with 5 rebels.

Using 3 Y-wings (Doc, Dozer and Shunt) and 2 X-wings (Grood and Gruff).

Shunt is PS3, has both a seismic bomb and Proton bomb, has a sync turret (does not yet have dead-eye EPT, or plasma torp). Doc is PS3, has the Predator EPT, Proton bomb and Dorsal turret (Does not yet have PS4 or ion torp) Dozer is also PS3, will be taking the Seismic bomb and Plasma torp, Sync turret and Expert handling EPT. Grood is PS4, with intimidation EPT and a plasma torpedo. And lastly Gruff is still PS3, has a Proton torpedo and Lone wolf EPT.

As they won't be able to close in on the hanger bay in time to do anything, both X-wings line up towards the Hanger bay 2, while the 3 Y-wings line up to take them directly at the Decimator. Once PM 2 and 4 are eliminated, the Xwings intend to turn in onto the Decimator. As Doc is the only one without a Torpedo, he won't join in on shooting at the Decimator. All 3 bombs will be used in the best manner to destroy the interceptors, and anything else, but the interceptors most of all.

Round 1, Both X-wings pan 4 straight, while all 3 Y-wings plan 3 left banks.

All Tie fighters 3 left bank and evade. Both Bombers 2 straight and focus.

Rebels move. Doc and Dozer lock PM 3, Gruff locks PM 2, Grood PM 4 and Shunt PM 5. All 3 middle PM's (3, 4 and 5) destroyed.

Return fire from Red and Green-1 take Shunt down 1 shield and neuter his Stealth Device. No other shots.

Round 2, All 3 Y-s plan 2 right banks, Grood and Gruff a 3 right bank.

All 3 fighters come on hard with a 5 straight. Only Red-1 has a shot possible so focuses, the other 2 evade. The Bombers 3 left turn and focus.

The Rebels move with Shunt locking Blue-1, Dozer locking Red 1 and Doc locking Green-1. Gruff locks Gold-1, Grood has no shot so uses SQL to give Dozer a Focus. Even with it, he only gives Red-1 a single hull. Doc and Shunt miss, and Gruff gave Gold-1 two hull damage.

Black-1's return shot takes both shields off Gruff, while Gold-1s shot takes a shield from Grood. Red-1's counter shot on Dozer misses.

Round 3, the Interceptors show up. Doc plans a 2 left turn, 3 Straights for Grood and Shunt, 3 right bank for Dozer and Gruff.

Red-1 rolls a 2 right turn and bumps Shunt. Green and Blue 1 both 4k. All interceptors 5 straight, with Red-2 bumping Grood, Brown-2 bumping him and Black-2 focusing. Bomber Black-1 Right 3 turns and bumps into Gruff. Gold-1 hard 2 rights and barely misses bumping, but still can't act.

The Rebels move. Doc drops his Proton bomb before he moves, then he bumps into Interceptor Red-2. The Bomb catches all 3 tie fighters. All others lock onto the Decimator.

Grood's torpedo takes 3 shields, Dozers takes 3 more, Gruff takes the last shield and gives 2 hull, and Shunt gives 2 more hull and a Damaged Cockpit critical hit (now at 5 overall hull damage out of 12). The Decimator unfortunately, rolls a Hit, so will be activating next round.

The Proton bomb gives a Damaged engine crit to Red-1, a Blinded pilot crit to Green-1 and a Weapon malfunction crit to Blue-1. Doc then shoots Gold-1 giving a 3 rd hull hit.

The Imperial counter fire is only a shield from both Doc and Dozer. All other shots were misses OR couldn't shot. All 3 turrets shoot but miss Gruff.

Round 4, the Decimator activates. Grood and Shunt plan 2 straights, Gruff and Dozer a 2 left bank, and Doc a 3 right bank.

The Decimator moves first (since he has a PS of 0) moves left 3 bank, locks onto Gruff and focuses.

Fighter Red-1 right 1 turns. Green-1 left 3 banks and focuses. Blue-1 also 3 left banks, and fails to clear his critical. All interceptors roll a 2 left turn. Red-2 bumps into fighter Red-1, Black-2 bumps as well, and Brown-2 bumps into Red-2's back again. All get no action.

Bomber Black-1 left 3 turns and bumps into Int Black-2's rear. Gold-1 left 1 banks and bumps into his fellow bomber.

The Rebs move, with Grood getting no shot, Shunt locking the Decimator, Dozer bumping into Grood, Gruff focuses and Doc locks the Decimator. Dozer drops his Seismic charge, Gives 1 hull to all 3 interceptors, Kills off Red-1, and gives a 2 nd hull to both Blue and Green-1. Gruff gives the Decimator 3 more hull (now at 7 actual + a crit), Doc makes it 8 + a structural damage crit, Dozer misses, but Shunt gives it 4 more hull (2 reg + a direct hit crit), killing it off before it can shoot.

No interceptor has a shot, same for Gold-1. Black-2 misses his shot on Dozer, Blue and Green-1 likewise miss. Turret 2 shoots but misses Doc, Turret 1 gives Gruff a hull damage, and Turret 3 misses Shunt.

Round 5, Gruff and Doc plan 3 left banks, 3 left turn for Grood, 2 left turn for Shunt and a 3 left bank for Dozer.

Green-1 right 3 turns and evades. Blue-1 straights 4 and clears his critical. Int Red-2 5-ks, Int Brown-2 right 3 turns then boosts right, while Int Black-2 Left 2 turns then barrel rolls left. Bomber Black-1 Hards 2 to the left and bumps into interceptor Black-2, while Gold-1 also hards 2 to the left. Neither get an action.

The Rebels move. Doc locks turret 2, Gruff turret 3, Dozer turret 1, Shunt fighter Blue-1 and Grood bumps into Dozer. Grood shoots giving Turret-3 three hull damage, and Gruff finishes it off. Dozer gives turret 1 two hull damage, and Shunt misses, while Doc kills off Turret 2.

Bomber Gold-1 no shot, same for fighter Blue-1 and Int Red and Black-2. Bomber Black-1 misses Dozer, while int Black-2 misses Grood. Fighter Green-1 however does not, taking Grood's last shield and gives him a Damaged cockpit crit (so his PS is now a 0). Turret 1 rakes the last 2 shields of Dozer.

Round 6, Shunt and Dozer plan 3 left banks, 2 left bank for Doc, 3 left turn for Gruff and a 2 left turn for Grood.

Fighter Green-1 left 3 turns and focuses, while Blue-1 banks right 3 bumping Grood. Int Red-2 tries a 5 straight bumping into Gold-1, while Brown-2 right 2 turns then right boosts. Black-2 straights 5 and focuses. Bomber Black-1 straights 4 locking Grood and focuses, while Gold-1 hards 2 to the left. No action.

Doc, Dozer and Gruff lock onto Hanger 2, Shunt locks turret 1 and drops His seismic charge. Both remaining tie fighters die off from it, and a 2 nd hill gets given to Int Black-2. Grood just focuses as again has no shot. Gruff, doc and Dozer tear into Hanger 2 killing it with 11 hull damage overall. Shunt finishes off Turret 1. Now the 2 other bombers in Delta squad can't show up.

The only 2 imperials with a shot are the two bombers, Gold-1 misses, while Black-1 gives a 2 nd hull damage to Grood.

Round 7, Doc plans a 3 left bank, Shunt and Gruff a 2 straight, 3 left turn for Grood and 2 left turn for Dozer. Grood moves bumping int Black-2.

Int red-2 straights 5 past Grood and focuses, while Brown-2 does the same move but bumps into Red-2. Black-2 left 2 banks then left boosts to get an arc on Doc. Bomber Black-1 5ks, no action, while Gold-1 banks 3 left, locks Dozer and focuses.

Rebs move, with Doc locking PM 2 (at range 3), Dozer locks Int Brown-2, Shunt locks bomber Black-1, and Gruff stars the base Scans.. Shunt gives 3 hull damage to Black-1, Dozer kills Brown-2. Doc kills PM 2.

Int Red-2 kills Grood, Gold-1 misses his shot on shunt. No other shots. Base Scans complete. Now all can get out of dodge.

Round 8, Doc and Dozer plan 3 straights, Shunt a 3 left bank, same for Gruff.

Int Red-2 straights 2 and focuses, while Black-2 straights 4 then boosts to the left to maintain his arc on Doc. Bomber Black-1 Right 3 banks, while Gold-1 bumps into him.

The Rebels move. Bomber Black-1 killed off by Shunt. Return fire misses.

Round 9, Doc and Shunt plan 3 straights, Dozer a 3 right bank and 4 straight for Gruff.

Only 1 shot this round which was a miss.

Round 10 Doc escapes. Dozer takes 1 hull and Shunt takes 1 as well.

Round 11, all other rebels escape.

Solid rebel victory. 3 wins out of 4 runnings at 5 ships.

Consider Story 1 mission 1 now good.

Going through the XP earned, everyone get's an average of 7xp.

Well, now onto running Mission 2 of this storyline, starting back at 3 rebel ships..

Edited by LTuser

Snipped out into own thread.

Edited by LTuser

Snipped out into own thread. Pity we can't delete posts.

Edited by LTuser