How to best utilise the imperial class deck form tyrants of lothal

By Daniel1172, in Imperial Assault Campaign

As the title suggested, I wish to know how you guys used the class deck overwhelming oppression in campaigns.

In addition, I also wanted to know what exactly is the imperials hand.

share your thoughts thanks

sry if I missed other posts about the same topic.

Tautologically Imperial hand of deployment cards is the deployment cards that are in the IP's hand, ready to be deployed. It consists of open groups, any deployment cards added by abilities to the open groups / IP's hand, and any non-unique groups that have been defeated (and thus returned to the IP's hand).

Reserved groups and any groups in play are not part of the hand of deployment cards.

26 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Reserved  groups and a  ny groups in play are not part of the ha  nd of deployment cards.  

So I'll have no cards in my hand for the first round if there is no open group available and I don't have any villain.

is that correct?

If yes then commence landing has no use on most introductory missions? Right?

Non-unique groups return to IP's hand when their last figure is defeated.

Personally, I thought Overwhelming Oppression was a fun deck to play with. It's a bit fiddly with the many Power Tokens, often following slight variations in when/how they are employed in the game, but I didn't fudge up too much (I think). Some people are very critical towards playing with an open hand, but I found that entirely alright. It gave the players something to stress over and the Power Tokens more than made up for the surprise element in the game, IMHO. Lastly, I chose Greedo as my free villain for... I can't recall what the card's name is (XP1 I think). That was a good choice as he's so cheap he can be fielded in almost every mission of any campaign (I played an extended 12-14 mission version of ToL), and Greedo is really quite good for his cost, especially if you're facing 2 or more melee heroes.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, angelman2 said:

Personally, I thought Overwhelming Oppression was a fun deck to play with.

It is? I haven' t read a lof of favourable reviews about it and on BGG this class deck is rated as very weak.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1892052/rate-imperial-class-decks

More people that have similar good experiences with this deck?

@Teowulff , I haven’t played it yet, but I think part of the problem is that it’s a huge shake up in the IP’s tactics. You might bring an AT-ST just for its attack pool rather than as a potential deployment for example.

It might be one of the more complex decks and, while it can make for some strong combinations, its level of strength may not warrant that level of complexity.

So, again not having played it, to me it seems like a lot of fun to play but I wouldn’t expect to win a whole lot of missions. To that point, @angelman2 said it was fun.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

I believe the best way to use this deck is by using a different deck...