Character Help

By Blithelight, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Hello hello.

I have a character concept I was wanting to try out but am having trouble thinking of the careers and specialization that would fit lost for the character.

My thought is a character that is super meak out of the way always apologizing for things and all around a character that seems super weak and unable to do things when he's actually the complete opposite.

He would be very good when handed a gun but very against shooting things because shooting people is wrong and you shouldn't do that. He would be able to handle himself in a knife fight even though again knifes are bad and shouldn't be used.

I'm trying to figure out if this character should have good deception and things of the sort to keep up this weak person act or focus more on shooting and fighting type skills and abilities.

Any help is much appreciated thank you.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, Blithelight said:

Hello hello.

I have a character concept I was wanting to try out but am having trouble thinking of the careers and specialization  that would fit lost for the character.

My thought is a character that is super meak out of the way always apologizing for things and all around a character that seems super weak and unable to do things when he's actually the complete opposite.

He would be very good when handed a gun but very against shooting things because shooting people is wrong and you shouldn't do that. He would be able to handle himself in a knife fight even though again knifes are bad and shouldn't be used.

I'm trying to figure out if this character should have good deception and things of the sort to keep up this weak person act or focus more on shooting and fighting type skills and abilities.

Any help is much appreciated thank you.

Hello and welcome. As you may have noticed, the Beginner Game forums don't get much traffic, and what they do get is mostly Play by post groups. If you'd like more traffic/responses, I suggest you post in the main forum. Force and Destiny if you have a specific Force question, and Edge of the Empire otherwise.

As to your concept, the "reluctant/hidden warrior" is not unheard of, but we'd need a few more details to figure out where you're trying to go. All I can tell from your post is to suggest an above average agility with a few ranks in ranged light and melee.

What type of campaign is it? Did you want the PC to be Force sensitive?

Most importantly, if your character doesn't *like* fighting, how DO they like solving problems? Do they prefer smooth taking? Sneaking? Negotiation? Lying? Using a small army of droids? Being a Force wizard? Opening an airlock behind annoying parties?

I wouldn't worry about boosting deception too much. It isn't hard to pretend to be bad at something. Especially since this seems to be more thematic dressing for your character, rather than mechanical.

I will say that you'll probably get limited milage out of the concept. How many times will the fellow PCs react "OMG, how did the Shepard learn how to wreck their kneecaps!?!"

In conclusion, 1. Welcome again! 2.tell us more! 3. I suggest you repost this in the main Edge of the Empire forum.