Star Wars: For the Empire! IC

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Order! With the fall of the Republic and the Jedi, the Empire has sprung up to take their place, becoming the single ruling entity of the entire galaxy. Under the iron fist rule of the Empire, many worlds have been either forcefully conquered, or coerced into joining the Empire, allowing the Empire to expand its reach furthur and furthur. At the forefront of the expansion, are the Empire’s soldiers, consisting of various kinds of soldiers, all united in their loyalty to the Enpire and its Emperor. However, despite the iron clad ruling of the Empire, there are many citizens from various planets in the galaxy who are dissatisfied with the rule of this new government, and have banded together to form the Rebel Alliance. Thus, Imperial ships have been commanded to be on the lookout for any signs of rebel activity and exterminate them at all costs. One of the many ships receiving this command, is a Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, the Harbringer. With it’s crew, it now sets out into the galaxy, led by it’s commander, General Tyrian Lancestor, with the goal of strengthening the Empire, by any means necessary...

Edited by player3333902

All crewmembers. This is General Lancestor. I want everyone at their stations and ready for exit from hyperspace. We do not know what to expect here, on Florrum. I want everyone ready for anything possible. Lancestor out.

The voice of the general would ring through the halls of the Star Destroyer, on it’s mission to the planet of Florrum, to make it join the folds of the Empire, forcefully or not.

Brecor Sturit wakes up from a troubled sleep. He knew this day was coming. His first real opportunity to prove himself to his superiors. As he did every time he woke up, he began by counting his blessings that he had been assigned to a ship as large and formidable as the Harbinger. Ever since he was a child, he had dreamed of commanding a Star Destroyer of his very own...perhaps one day even a fleet of them. Today, if all went well, he would take his first steps toward that goal. Brecor swiftly and precisely puts on his uniform, pockets his datapad, and exits his quarters, walking briskly and with firm purpose towards his station.

Before the third sentence of the announcement is finished Kham Harand is already out of his bunk and pulling on his uniform. Days at the academy had trained him to go from dead asleep to ready to go in as short a time as possible. First deployment though ment he still had butterflies in his stomach as he put his cap on and headed off to his station.

Seeing his fellow ensign in the hall ahead of him he speeds up just a little to come even with Brecor.

”Morning.” He greets him as he matches pace,”Think there will actually be any problems right of hyperspace?”

Brecor gives Kham a smile of recognition, slowing down just enough to give his fellow ensign time to catch up before redoubling his pace. "It's always a possibility. Our mission is to look for trouble, so it was only a matter of time before we found it." Brecor smiles as he shakes his head. "It's hard to know how to feel... nervous? Excited? A little of both, if I'm being frank about myself. If we play our cards right, remember our training, and follow General Lancestor's orders, this could finally be our chance to prove ourselves and serve the Empire. How are you holding up?"

Kel stepped out of his barracks and marched alongside the rest of the 99th Squadron, he knew that if the unenlightened members of the system decided to try and fight the Empire, he and the rest of his fellow TIE pilots would need to protect the troop transports and shuttles necessary for a ground invasion from any enemy ships. As the Florrum sector was a pirate haven, Kel knew it was more likely than not that there would be some ships waiting.

Kham flashes Brecor a nervous grin,”Well enough. Feeling about how you described. Not sure if this is going to be exciting or terrifying. Doesn’t help they don’t tell us what’s happening.”

He gives a shrug conveying he understands that’s par for the course. They are just ensigns after all and no official need to know.

Moving with almost robotic precision, Vasira adjusted the rest of her armor, finally sealing it fully with her helmet before stepping out of the barracks next to the rest of her squad. Being yet another faceless Stormtrooper in the unit was humiliating at least in part, but this assignment she'd prove just how wrong those had been who had denied her her true calling. With her gear in perfect order, she marched to her position on board the massive Star Destroyer, ready to do whatever was required to safeguard the Empire from the potential insurgent forces on this planet they were heading towards.

Cani,, rudely interrupted, groggily opened one eye, then rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. The voice droned on over the coms and she sighed and flung her quilt off. She went into the shower of her quarter and half awake made herself somewhat clean. She threw on the same clothes she had been wearing the past 3 days and headed for the hanger where her new toy was awaiting.

Den would roll out of his bunk with a brink as he begins to fit his armour over his body glove. His pack was already organised and ready to save him time in this kind of scenario. 'Why would anyone come all the way out here anyway?' the duros would mutter to himself as he forms up with the rest of the platoon. 'Just another rock isn't it?'

Brecor chuckles at Kham's comment. "They never do. Sometimes it feels like they want us all on edge. Perhaps it's for the best." He shrugs. "Keeps us on our toes."

As they walked, the two ensigns would pass various other crewmembers scurrying to their stations, eager to work hard to win this world for the Empire.

In the hangar, Kel would be greeted by his squad mate.

Kel.

The male waved.

Wonder what we’ll meet today huh. Maybe we’ll get to see some pirates in action eh?

The trooper behind Vasira would scoff at Den’s mutterings.

Looks like you never payed attention is the academy alien. Florrum is filled with pirates. And pirates are scum who should be eliminated. Mostly made of aliens too.

He sneered.

As Cani walks into the hangar, she would be greeted by the hangermaster, Jennifer Cythrume.

Morning Cani... please try not to damage the vehicle... It’s a real pain to repair it you know...

The female would say as she smiled sheepishly.

"Hopefully, I want to earn my stripes soon," Kel responded, waving back."It's not like they'd pose much of a threat to us anyway. Impstars are more powerful than anyother ship in the galaxy."

Varisa didn't move at all as she chimed in over the helmet coms, as they all kept their appearance of quiet professionalism. "Pirates don't congregate on planets without reason, Trooper. So they've either taken to this place because of how out of the way it is, or because this planet has some resource access important to them." After a short pause, she added a small stinging remark for her fellow human trooper. "Or did you miss the basic tactics courses in the Academy?"

The pilot nodded along with Kel’s words

Of course. We’re the Imperial navy. No one can stop us. We’ll make sure we bring the justice, peace and order of the Enpire to the entire galaxy!

The trooper would stiffen slightly, clearly not expecting such a remark back.

I never said that they weren’t here for a reason. I just said they were filled with pirates.

The trooper would reply, a tinge of bitterness in his voice.

Saul listens as the muffled sound of the klaxons pierce the thick durosteel walls of his prison cell. We've arrived He thinks to himself. Time to put my training to good use. The rebels will never know what hit them.

"At least we have interceptors, regular fighters are way to fragile for my tastes." Kel said, "Imagine if we could get a wing of Defenders or Agressors. Nobody would stand in our way."

Get up. It’s time to go

A stormtrooper then commanded Saul as the door to his cell opened, revealing two stormtroopers clad in full armour.

One pointed his blaster at the male, while the ither, a female judging by the voice, moved in to haul Saul to his feet.

You wish.

The pilot replied as he chuckled.

Those are for the best of the best Kel. Not something we can ever dream of flying.

As the ensigns near their respective destinations, Brecor peels off in the direction of the bridge, waving at Kham. "Got to head to my post. Hope it all goes well for you. Later, we can celebrate our first successful mission." He then turns around and continues making his way to his post.

Kham throws off a casual wave,”Looking forward to it.”

With that he makes his way to the gunners station to begin prepping the big guns.

Saul shoots the female trooper a warning look, and then deliberately slowly, swings out of his bunk and follows the troopers out of his cell.

Edited by Arina_1

Den would half turn his head to look at the trooper making the remarks about aliens through the visor of his helmet. 'Lectures weren't really my thing, I was too busy learning to kill, you know, like a real soldier. If it's just pirates, why do they need to send stormtroopers? Criminals like that are a job for the regular army. Maybe you'd fit in there'.

"Meh, not my fault if some bumbling gooner takes a pot shot at the machine, Jenni. And you know I'll make sure it'll never do it again, ha ha. So what tasty little walk you got for me?"

As Brecor heads to his station on the bridge, he can see the General standing at the viewport. His grey uniform was impeccably made, with no creases whatsoever, his hat held in the arms behind his back.

The gunner master looked at Kham and nodded.

Get to your station trooper. All weapons need to be ready in five minutes.

The troopers flank the male from behind, each taking one of his arms as they walk, the female trooper jabbing her gun into the male’s side as they walked towards the bridge.

The alien and female could hear the male’s teeth grit together as he took the assault of words, keeping quiet.

Jennifer chuckled as she guided her over to her walker for the day.

This beauty here. She’s new, so be careful ok?

“Yes sir!” Kham as he heads to his station.

Sliding into his seat the young ensign starts powering up the station and putting the system through it’s paces. Checking the tracking of the gun battery to his commands he puts it through it’s full range of motion. Once he’s satisfied it passes he moves on to the next item on the check list.