Clear the Map

By Tvboy, in Legends of the Alliance

When the app tells you to “clear the map”, does that mean you remove all damage and tokens from the heroes? I can’t tell based on the errata to the rule book.

Also the rules button on the app home screen links to an old version of the lota rulebook.

I played a Jabba’s Realm mission yesterday and it specified to remove two strain after setting up the new area. So the game was expecting those tokens to remain on the hero sheets. The errata is from August so I think JR should still be relevant.

You remove the tokens and tiles from the map and pick up the figures, but the figures retain their strain, damage, carried tokens, conditions, claimed tokens, etc. I would've worded the LotA rules entry slightly differently.

CLEARING THE MAP

When instructed to "clear the map," remove all figures, tokens,
and tiles from the playing area. You will later be instructed to
place tiles to form a new map in order to continue the mission.

Thanks guys, that's how I did it when I played the JR campaign but then I wasn't sure, but it makes sense in the current mission after I was instructed to do it a 2nd time.

When I “cleared the map” during my first Hoth run through, there was still an opposing unit that was on the board. Once the new map was in place and new enemies had spawned, the enemy that was on the previous map was no longer on my list of enemies.

The app did not specifically tell me to defeat the precisouly existing enemy, but “clearing the map” must count as defeating any undefeated enemies.

2 hours ago, Funky_4LOM said:

The app did not specifically tell me to defeat the precisouly existing enemy, but “clearing the map” must count as defeating any undefeated enemies.

Not really, abilities triggering from being defeated do not trigger, also you don't get Fame from them, they are just removed. They are still "there somewhere", but out of your view.