Kyuden Bayushi - Control

By Soshi Saibankan, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to build a decent strategy for Kyuden Bayushi. Playing around, I think trying to race for breaks or building towers is a mistake for the Scorpion. Control is the name of the game. It's somewhat inspired by Jairoe's decks.

You can read the full strategy: https://www.bushibuilder.com/l5r/deck/?deck=34383278-01ef-11e9-8419-020c407d2d9d&public=y

What do you think? My Splash is a bit all over the place and I'm fidgeting with a lot of options, mostly the SBR + NS Crane. I really enjoy the Keeper role and Clarity though. Probably revise everything once CotE comes out.

I'm really hoping to be able to leave the #AlwaysBid5 Meta and explore bidding during duels (both defensively and offensively). Killing a Raitsugu always feels good.

I've been toying with a KB/Shinobi deck, though I haven't tried to push into duel territory yet--I am looking for a way to slow down the KB gameplan. I just love the Shoju+Aramoro+Soshi/poison combo, and the rage that a dishonored sadako in multiple conflicts provokes. Have you gotten any tourney testing on this yet? Color me interested! 😄

Edit: I forgot to mention, I've been mostly experimenting with Lion splash (strength in numbers, ready for battle, etc) but am moving to Crane for Soul Beyond Reproach and (maybe) Noble Sac right now. Just needed reliable dishonor removal to avoid unsightly, dishonorable mistakes, riding as low as this deck tends to. Also: I definitely favor Forged Edict, myself. Mark of Shame serves as a poor man's AFWTD well enough, and the deck benefits from the self-dishonor for bonus points.

Edited by AltitudeMatters
Adding my own deck notes.

Ill be taking a version of this deck to Toronto kotei. Ill keep you posted ;)

Right now Im mostly concerned with fighting Cranes as my worst matchup