Descent Custom Items Expansion. (Currently 158 items)

By Kauperwood, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

2 hours ago, Lightningclaw said:

With Veteran’s Bow, I would take some inspiration from the Bounty Hunter’s Lie in Wait:

Action: Exhaust this card to end your turn.

When you refresh this card, perform one action. This is in addition to your 2 normal actions.

A possible alternate wording for the Ring Of Regeneration:

When you suffer damage from any source, exhaust this card.

Exhaust this card at the end of the overlord’s turn to recover 1 damage.

1. Good catch. Definitely will use this wording instead. Thanks.
2. To me it sounds a little bit complicated, but I'll think about it. Thanks again.
I hope to see more feedback from you in the future :)

Edited by Kauperwood
On 5/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, Kauperwood said:

You can find multiple items in the game that increase your stats like strength so a character with 4 could easy use this weapon as intended with an artifact.

Yes. It's intended

There's not so much, in fact, no more than 6 with relics inside.

If you're still in on this ... can I suggest going through Imperial Assault's "Supply Crate" cards?

Mechanically speaking they were able to get a lot of variation in their rewards. So while they had 3-5 different recovery items they were able to mix it up and keep it balance with strength and usage conditions (some had marginal boosts but were free actions, some had to be used while resting but were stronger, etc). Likewise the various grenades in IA could easily be converted to black powder bombs, fractured rune stones, flash vials, etc.

Also, the general lore of Descent could serve as great consumables inspiration. Turning tools of particular cults against them. Bandit's poisoned throwing dagger. etc

One other request is GOOD short-term conditions. Focus for buffing the next attack, Inspiration for test re-rolls, a single round Stealthy benefit, Magic barrier defense, etc.

Looked through, love the work you've done so far. keep it up. :D

On 5/13/2019 at 5:05 PM, thinkbomb said:

If you're still in on this ... can I suggest going through Imperial Assault's "Supply Crate" cards?

Mechanically speaking they were able to get a lot of variation in their rewards. So while they had 3-5 different recovery items they were able to mix it up and keep it balance with strength and usage conditions (some had marginal boosts but were free actions, some had to be used while resting but were stronger, etc). Likewise the various grenades in IA could easily be converted to black powder bombs, fractured rune stones, flash vials, etc.

Also, the general lore of Descent could serve as great consumables inspiration. Turning tools of particular cults against them. Bandit's poisoned throwing dagger. etc

One other request is GOOD short-term conditions. Focus for buffing the next attack, Inspiration for test re-rolls, a single round Stealthy benefit, Magic barrier defense, etc.

Looked through, love the work you've done so far. keep it up. :D

I would be grateful if you could provide some links to pics with these supply crates.
I will create one GOOD condition soon, thanks for suggestion.
Thank you for your feedback :D

Edited by Kauperwood

So you have apparently exceed 100 items ... when is the DropBox link coming? 😂

I want to look at your stuff, but I am definitely not downloading them one at a time.

1 hour ago, Kauperwood said:

I would be grateful if you could provide some links to pics with these supply crates.
I will create one GOOD condition soon, thanks for suggestion.
Thank you for your feedback :D

https://imperial-assault.fandom.com/wiki/Supply_Card

this is an index to the supply cards released in the various packs.

Also, I did some curiosity digging and found these print-out back-ups of cards from the old Hero Quest game system.

http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/frozen-horror/frozen-horror-treasure.pdf
http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/system/system-treasure.pdf
http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/mage-of-the-mirror/mage-of-the-mirror-treasure.pdf
http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/wizards-of-morcar/wizards-of-morcar-treasure.pdf

Again, maybe useful, maybe not. could be, tho

On 5/19/2019 at 1:51 AM, thinkbomb said:

This would be useful. Thank you.

On 5/19/2019 at 12:51 AM, any2cards said:

So you have apparently exceed 100 items ... when is the DropBox link coming? 😂

I want to look at your stuff, but I am definitely not downloading them one at a time.

I've created a Dropbox account and made separate folders for conditions and items. You can find the links in the post.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, DerDelphi said:

These look really great. One small suggestion:

You could add expansion icons to the items. This would make it easier to sort out the ones, which you can't use due to a missing expansion.

Examples:

Latari Katana: LoR / TT / SoN icons (due to the green dice)

Peacekeeper: MoB / TctR icons (due to the terrified condition)

Black Iron Hook: SoN icon (due to the bleed condition)

Thank you. I reckon that expansion has to be distinguishable from the others and I will create a custom icon for it in the future to mark the items with.
Items expansion would require all small and large boxed expansions.

Edited by Kauperwood

I will be using http://makeplayingcards.com/ for printing mini cards of the Sands of the Past expansion. As they offer 63x41 mm cards, no manual cutting is needed.

1 hour ago, Kauperwood said:

I've created a Dropbox account and made separate folders for conditions and items. You can find the links in the post.

Thank you. I will download now, and provide feedback when available.

I would be very pleased to read it :)
Thank you too.

9 hours ago, Sadgit said:

I will be using http://makeplayingcards.com/ for printing mini cards of the Sands of the Past expansion. As they offer 63x41 mm cards, no manual cutting is needed.

Thank you, Sadgit. You've helped a lot by providing this intel ))

what about a shield that can either give + 1 heart on an attack or + 1 shield on a defense roll ?

4 hours ago, rugal said:

what about a shield that can either give + 1 heart on an attack or + 1 shield on a defense roll ?

I like this idea.
Currently the Flickr has problems so I am not uploading new items :c

*Reserved*

One minor suggestion, albeit one that's a probably a little late to implement, would be to change the name of the WOUNDED condition to HOBBLED.

It's a linguistics thing, but wounded could mean a number of different issues. Hobbled is a word that most specifically means "walk in an awkward way, typically because of pain from an injury." It's just something that will more clearly communicate to the player what the effect is by the condition title alone.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:26 PM, thinkbomb said:

One minor suggestion, albeit one that's a probably a little late to implement, would be to change the name of the WOUNDED condition to HOBBLED.

It's a linguistics thing, but wounded could mean a number of different issues. Hobbled is a word that most specifically means "walk in an awkward way, typically because of pain from an injury." It's just something that will more clearly communicate to the player what the effect is by the condition title alone.

No, it is not too late.
Personally, I prefer word "Wounded", but I'll think about changing it. You've been really helpful, thank you ))

9 hours ago, Kauperwood said:

No, it is not too late.
Personally, I prefer word "Wounded", but I'll think about changing it. You've been really helpful, thank you ))

Here's the other half of the logic behind the suggestion - in Imperial Assault the term "wounded" means something more akin to descent's "knocked out" condition. Basically, if a hero loses health they become wounded instead (still in the game, but with worse stats and the overlord/empire gets credit for the ko). So that's the other half of suggesting the more specific term for impaired movement. ^^;

Hello Kauperwood, and congratulations for this huge contribution.

Where did you find your condition cards template ? (I can't find it anywhere)

Would you mind sharing it with us ?

(I'm making a "homebrew"/light Descent to play with gf, and I would like to add some of your condition cards, but I have to translate it because we're French).

I also translated some of your items and thank you again for all that good stuff !

Thank you,

Karrig

17 hours ago, Karrig said:

Hello Kauperwood, and congratulations for this huge contribution.

Where did you find your condition cards template ? (I can't find it anywhere)

Would you mind sharing it with us ?

(I'm making a "homebrew"/light Descent to play with gf, and I would like to add some of your condition cards, but I have to translate it because we're French).

I also translated some of your items and thank you again for all that good stuff !

Thank you,

Karrig

If you are interested, check out this post I just made. It contains a link to all of the assets I used to re-generate all of the cards for the D2e Card Viewer. It does contain a template for the Condition cards:

Thank you for that sharing !

I was using templates shared on boardgamegeek , but your ressources are very useful to !

I know I ask a lot, but do you have skill/items etc. backs ?

Thank you again

2 hours ago, Karrig said:

I know I ask a lot, but do you have skill/items etc. backs ?

Thank you again

Here is a link to PNG files for the backs you requested:

D2e Card Backs

Hello again,

Thank you these backs !

The last thing I'll need is the condition cards back, do you also have this .png ?

If not, I think I'll go for the front on both sides and it will be okay !

Thank you again for your help !

Bye !