Ghostbusters Setting

By Ferninja, in Your Settings

Work in progress! All red text is to be changed and theres some other stuff that needs changed too. I plan on lengthening the adversary and gear list substantially. I originally just made this for me. I got some good feedback from friends so I'm sharing it here. I'll enable commenting if anyone wants to recommend edits. Thanks!

Ghostbusters Genesys

Edited by Ferninja

PM me when you get the chance. We have been working on a similar project and would love to have your input.

Of course you have strip mined the old WEG game for ideas, right?

On 1/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, GM Hooly said:

PM me when you get the chance. We have been working on a similar project and would love to have your input.

Hey just now seeing your message sorry it took so long to answer. You're working on a similar project? Are you willing to message me via discord? Might be faster to chat through there. I'm under ferninja #6806. Its not letting me message you through here for whatever reason

5 hours ago, Desslok said:

Of course you have strip mined the old WEG game for ideas, right?

Haha I have it but I haven't read it. I follow a podcast that uses it so theres probably a bunch of overlap.

23 minutes ago, Ferninja said:

Haha I have it but I haven't read it. I follow a podcast that uses it so theres probably a bunch of overlap.

Is this podcast a Ghostbusters RPG Live Play?

On 2/7/2019 at 9:04 PM, Roderz said:

Is this podcast a Ghostbusters RPG Live Play?

Yeah for sure. Look it up it's called Ghostbusters resurrection on the nerdy show network. Really really cool.

I just started listening to it (because of this post). I love it. If you're looking for help writing this, I'd love to help. I've made a couple interpretations in the forums here already (Indiana Jones, Crimson Skies, and Cowboys and Dinosaurs).

I've taken a bunch of what you did, and some from WEG, and even a little from Savage Ghostbusters (Savage Worlds) and put them into one large collection. It's in the same folder as above. Let me know what you think of the formatting.

Well, this is pleasently helpful, I've been putting together a fantasy version GB team one-shot based in Sharn to run at nivcon 3.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, Jareddw said:

Okay, if you're looking at all, I've got PDFs of the Original WEG Ghostbusters RPG

I also made a pretty cool Character Sheet (if I do say so myself)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jSpBUnDNpnpxqTe85bF02K3sswT2be7I?usp=sharing

Let me know if you like it.

This is great man! Thank you so much! Mind if I include it with the design doc? Full credit to you of course.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jimmifett said:

Well, this is pleasently helpful, I've been putting together a fantasy version GB team one-shot based in Sharn to run at nivcon 3.

Awesome! Please let me know how it goes.

I see 2 PDFs here. One has color, images, and an introduction from in-setting. The other is black text on white background. Which of these is the optimal version?

On 3/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, HaphazardNinja said:

I see 2 PDFs here. One has color, images, and an introduction from in-setting. The other is black text on white background. Which of these is the optimal version?

Hmmm not sure what you mean. If you click the link in the post it should link to my site and there should only be one option from there. Are you referencing jarreddw's derivative?

On 3/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, HaphazardNinja said:

If you're looking at mine, then the Black and White are the old TSR system books, and the colored one, is the "format" I made up, along with input from Ferninja's pieces.

Take what is useful, leave what is useless.

I know it's for a different system but there is a WOIN supplement called Spirits in Manhattan that is pretty much Ghostbusters.

12 hours ago, Stacie_GmrGrl said:

I know it's for a different system but there is a WOIN supplement called Spirits in Manhattan that is pretty much Ghostbusters.

I'm hoping to start up a Ghostbusters Genesys game soon. What's WOIN?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/266150/WOIN-W4-Spirits-of-Manhattan

11 hours ago, SavageBob said:

I'm hoping to start up a Ghostbusters Genesys game soon. What's WOIN?

WOIN stands for What's Old is New, which is a rpg system by Russ over at EnWorld. It's also the same dice engine that the new Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000 AD rpg uses.

I have a whole bunch of stuff (new gear based on the video games and comics, new Skills (Spectral Lore, OtherWorlds Lore, Mythology), new Talents (Proton Mastery, Dark Matter Master, P.K.E Sense, etc), a whole suite of Psychic abilities and rules ported from World of Darkness: Second Sight, Rules for planar travel, new ghost types and abilities, and a new Franchise System of rules/pricing guides. I don't know how to format it though (I'm pretty technologically illiterate), if I upload the work here on a Google doc when I'm done transcribing my handwritten notes, could ( @Jareddw ) you please format it into your pdf?

Sure, send me the info, and I can put it in. Do you want me to just add it into the stuff I made?

20 hours ago, Jareddw said:

Sure, send me the info, and I can put it in. Do you want me to just add it into the stuff I made?

Please, that would be very much appreciated, as I used your PDF as the basis for the whole thing. I am still working on the transcription, which will likely take another two weeks or so, as I am short on time at the moment. Do you have any special formatting requests?

If you put it in Word, I'll be able to transpose it pretty easily.