Card Sleeves

By Soshi Saibankan, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for L5R tournament legal card sleeves. My first thought was Dragonshield even though I mostly found 100x packs, but I wonder if there isn't any L5R themed ones?

Other than being matte or at least not being able to see through, is there other considerations I should have in regards to sleeves to avoid trouble at a Kotei?

Thanks !

There should be some official sleeves coming down the pipeline in the next few months that are sleeves with the card backs on them, so they'll look like unsleeved cards. I haven't tried them yet obviously, so we'll see if they are any better than the standard Ultra Pro art-backed sleeves, but iirc they are FF official so they should be better quality.

My experience using FFG sleeves with SWLCG was that their sleeves were actually just slightly on the large side and that the edges/corners tended to get beat up pretty easily. I've had much more luck with Dragonshield sleeves for longevity.

I use some sleeve I found on internet with Japanese styles from different companies. You can search on amazon and see if you like them too (Hokusai waves, Tokugawa mon, and so on)

You can get Dragonshields in 50 packs. They are less common in stores, but if you look at the online sites you should be able to find them.

My experience with art sleeves is that they don't hold up as well.

Btw, you need different sleeves for your dynasty and conflict deck (either different colors or different art). You are not required to sleeve the other cards (provinces, stronghold and role), but if you do, FFG recommends using different sleeves from both decks.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:51 AM, Khudzlin said:

Btw, you need different sleeves for your dynasty and conflict deck (either different colors or different art). You are not required to sleeve the other cards (provinces, stronghold and role), but if you do, FFG recommends using different sleeves from both decks.

Yeah that's what I do because I tended to shuffle them with my Dynasty Deck ^^

KMC Hyper MAT sleeves are, in my experience, nearly as good as Dragon Shields, cheaper, and come in 80-packs.

Example: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER0124Q

Apparently Ultra-Pro Eclipse cards are pretty swish as well. Only solid colour though.

The official art sleeves were announced in September, but all reference to them has been removed form the FFG site.

There are sleeves for the top 16 at Elemental Championships.

You're right, I can't find them from my pre-orders with Alliance either. Thanks for the update, but I'm disappointed now.