X-Wing Moments (Expressed in the form of GIF's)

By BDrafty, in X-Wing

1. Using your Quadjumper to tractor an ace ship for a seriously clutch play

Image result for That'll do GIF

2. Getting Fenn Rau into range 1 AND remembering that you equiped him with fearless

Image result for avada kedavra GIF

3. Just flying 4-LOM and Palob in general...

Image result for mr bean middle finger gif

4. The thrill of using a list that has several copies of barrage rockets in it

Image result for vegeta barrage gif

5. When you have to explain to an opponent that he is using an illegal combo or upgrade

Image result for Objection gif

6. Taking your homebrew list to a tournament

Related image

7. Waiting (without grace) for FFG to points adjust a much loved and often played list of yours to death

Related image

The legend continues…

8. The first time you fly (or fly against) a Scum Han build and you realize that the 2 dice primary is rather deceptive.

Image result for noisy cricket MIB gif

9. When your friend asks you “OK, but what’s you plan against swarm lists?”

Image result for john wick kill them all

10. When your squad of humble generics takes on an arc-dodging Ace lists and ends up taking it the EFF out (AKA the 2019 Toronto System open meta).

Image result for mma flip fail gif

11. When you lure Poe into a kill box and then end up throwing FIVE blanks in six dice (everyone had a focus, too).

Image result for wimpy throw gif

12. When you are flying HORRIBLY, but your magical red dice just bail you out (opposite of 11.)

Image result for drunk people fight gif

13. When you are eliminated from making the cut early in a big tournament, but then stick with it, do your best, and end up clawing your way into the top 32.

Image result for scott earned the power of self respect gif

Edited by BDrafty

Deploying my TIE fighter squad:

tie-fighters-in-rogue-one.gif

2 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Deploying my TIE fighter squad:

That scene basically defines the empire

Me trying to use Adaptive Ailerons

teacup+wideshot.gif

When you notice a passerby looking repeatedly from the board state to your opponents bomb( that they clearly forgot they have equipped ).

giphy.gif

"Homebrew" and "Adaptive Ailerons" , Best Laugh In weeks! 🤣

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Sasajak said:

Me trying to use Adaptive Ailerons

teacup+wideshot.gif

Me using a list that is all ailerons

mad-max-witness-me-gif.gif

when the Striker has Seismics and will hit yourself and you drop it anyway

giphy.gif

When yesterday’s Tripsilon nerf means the only Empire Hyperspace list you like, triple named striker and Reaper, is now playable again

giphy.gif

When you realize that the four Y’s with Leia carrier are more maneuverable than your Vader Maarek list

tenor.gif?itemid=5004819

When you all but solo your opponents list using Soontir Fel after losing the rest of your list for a few shields off Redline

giphy.gif

drink of choice while playing: Deschutes Black Butte Porter. My FLGS has good beer choices.

Anytime someone mentions a Legends character I've never heard of

Image result for if one of yall says some silly ass name gif

At the end of the planning phase, when both you and your opponent believe that Echo is trapped and doomed, you suddenly find an impossible end position, where she will be out of arc and shooting at R1.

9E754B657210A5DB8747BA1836A41DDCADEB32C8

What it's like to fight against five RZ-2s:

giphy.gif

Edited by DR4CO

When you get mid-place in a store tournament and go up to get your prize from what's left.

tenor.gif

Playing X-Wing at home with friends.

giphy.gif

When you pull off the perfect K-Turn.

EsnEQPj.gif

Reminder: a White Star is about 3 times the length of a CR-90.

6 hours ago, millertime059 said:

<snip>

drink of choice while playing: Deschutes Black Butte Porter. My FLGS has good beer choices.

I lerves BBP, and my FLGS has a solid menu of regular bottles, seasonal bottles, and a few taps; but a dark beer just feels “Star Wars” to me.

And now because I am ill as heck, I am rewatching Fury Road. Thank you.

My perceived interaction with the obstacle in my path while setting my dial:

1*WNu1ohdjfb4J4rZ9VnoftA.gif

The the interaction with that obstacle that then ensues:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c79e3905a585a6a59

When someone runs a net/meta list at a tournament without any practice with it.

When you misjudge your banks near asteroids...

Image result for Lando Death Star too close gif

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

When you pull off the perfect K-Turn.

EsnEQPj.gif

Reminder: a White Star is about 3 times the length of a CR-90.

Bonus points for the B5 gif!!!

How I feel chasing down an ace....

and how I feel after realizing my mistake...

tenor.gif?itemid=11386396

41 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Bonus points for the B5 gif!!!

Alas, couldn't find a Starfury one which looked right. :D

Premise for a Starfury in X-Wing:

2/3/4/0 statline. Focus/Evade/Boost/Barrel Roll. Dial with all basic 1s and 2s (blue straight and bank), white 3 banks and straight, 4-straight. Red 4 K, Red 2 S-Loop, Red 1 Reverse straight.

Configuration:

Forward Thrusters: After you fully execute a K Turn, S-Loop, or Reverse, flip this card.

Reverse Thrusters: Treat your Reverse maneuvers as blue. After you Perform a Boost or Barrel Roll action or execute a maneuver other than a Reverse maneuver, flip this card.

//

When you get off-topic:

tenor.gif

When you perform a maneuver that you think has |———| much room from an obstacle, but really has || much room

57oP.gif

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Premise  for a Starfury in X-Wing:

2/3/4/0  statline. Focus/Evade/Boost/Barrel Roll. Dial with all basic 1s and 2s (blue straight and bank), white 3 banks and straight, 4-straight. Red 4 K, Red 2 S-Loop, Red 1 Reverse straight.   

Hmm. Drop advanced maneuvers, config and Boost action and you've just about have what I've been theory crafting them as. I see them being able to rotate after fully executing a maneuver by treating the maneuver as one difficulty harder. Ditto with after a Barrel Roll. Yours catches their ability to "drift" which mine misses. :)

Best thread ever!

When you spend a week theorycrafting your list using input from here and tournaments, and then play it against a friend on your dining table and murder them.

giphy.gif