Retro engineering

By hakooh, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Hi,

Someone know how is build unit cost please ? Because I'm doing some mats and I have no success to retro engineering it ! Well I'm not good to do mats 🙄 🙄

Thank you in advance.

Are you trying to balance homemade/homebrew units and figure out point costs? I don't understand what you mean by "mats" in this context.

Yes, it's that, I'm trying to do custom stuff and I don't know how to calculate cost for one single unit tray and after that how to find to value of several trays.

42 minutes ago, hakooh said:

Yes, it's that, I'm trying to do custom stuff and I don't know how to calculate cost for one single unit tray and after that how to find to value of several trays.

I'm sorry to say that you are over simplyfying the structure of the game. The ABILITIES, damage output, movement and health x armour are what counts. This mix is tricky (just look at the costing of the Golems compared to Spined threshers. They are practically for two different games!)

Edited by Maktorius
2 hours ago, hakooh said:

1) Design or refine the unit. Guess about cost, based on prior units (compare toughness/defense, damage, dials, and abilities)

2) Test the unit. See if you like how it feels. If you think it cannot be improved, continue to step 3. Otherwise, return to step 1.

3) Hand it over to other testers. See how they feel about it. If you see possible improvements, return to step 1.

4) Have everyone play a bunch of games. See what the results are and the army compositions as people become more familiar with the unit. Nudge cost up or down as needed.

5) Formally release the unit.

3 hours ago, Xelto said:

1) Design or refine the unit. Guess about cost, based on prior units (compare toughness/defense, damage, dials, and abilities)

2) Test the unit. See if you like how it feels. If you think it cannot be improved, continue to step 3. Otherwise, return to step 1.

3) Hand it over to other testers. See how they feel about it. If you see possible improvements, return to step 1.

4) Have everyone play a bunch of games. See what the results are and the army compositions as people become more familiar with the unit. Nudge cost up or down as needed.

5) Formally release the unit.

This.

Post or send me what you're thinking. I'm pretty good and finding loopholes and breaking things; so if their is something you missed, I could help you find the issue.

A lot of it will also depend on the context of what force it is going into; as to how it synergizes with the rest of the units. What's balanced with latari may be broken with uthuk.