Tide of Iron MAP Upgrade Pack?

By Pilfer2, in Tide of Iron

A local store is selling a "Tide of Iron MAP Upgrade Pack"

"Complete with upgraded obstacles such as tank traps, bunkers, and hills, The Tide of Iron Map Upgrade Pack lets players update their original map boards with brand-new artwork and enhanced colors, as well as supplement their existing Tide of Iron boards to create epic-level battles."

Has anyone seen or heard of this?

yea i read about it somewhere on BGG

A while back FFG announced they were going to release a "wave of expansions" for ToI starting with the Designer Series Volume I. This would include sets of new tiles and terrain boards as well as "reinforcement packs". I can only assume that the Map Upgrade Pack is part of that wave.

On a related note, the "reinforcement packs" would have contained 5 World Tank Museum models plus new cards and a new scenario. The first WTM models were going to be from the Kursk set. However, FFG dropped WTM from their distribution line so I imagine that idea has been scrapped. I wonder what happened to any of the proposed cards and scenarios? It would seem from the description that at least the cards found their way into this new Map Upgrade Pack.

Here's some additional information:

http://www.criticalgamers.com/archives/board-games/tide_of_iron_map_pack_announce.php

It has the same quote that Pilfer posted, but goes on to say:

"Also included is the cardboard from the base game with upgraded obstacles such as tank traps, bunkers, and hills, giving players much more flexibility when creating custom scenarios and recreating famous battles."

I have not heard of this. You'd think FFG would promote this product on their web-pages. By chance is this a product from another company that had made mapboards compatible with Tide of Iron? It sounds interesting to me.