[DH2] Telekine shield, cover and weapon penetration

By sarunea, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

The Telekine shield, TS, use the rule of cover, knowing that:
When a TS is striked by a weapon with a armor penetration equal to the TS armor, the caracter takes the damage as if there is no shield but is the TS destroyed? or does it lose one point of armor?
Exemple:
Let say a caracter uses TS with an effective PR 6 so with 3 points of armor is striked by a weapon: with pen 3.
The armor TS shield is ignored (3-3=0) and the caracter takes the damage but for a next strike what is the TS shield level? 2 or has it been destroyed?
thank you

I don't see why it'd be removed at all, unless I'm misremembering how Telekine shield works.

As long as you sustain it going then it'd be fine no?

Alright it says in the rule " This shield can be damaged just like normal cover by damage that exceeds the shield’s Armour Value (see page 229)". And the rule for the cover are "Whenever a hit strikes a piece of cover and deals damage that exceeds the cover’s Armour points, that piece of cover has its Armour points reduced by 1. Cover that has its Armour points reduced to 0 is destroyed and off ers no further protection."

So let say my Psyker with a effective PR of 6 makes a telekin shield. The shield's armor will be of 3.

Now let say the psyker is striked twice by a chainsword (dmg 1d10+2, pen 2).

1st strike how many damage?

2nd strike how many damage?

I can't figure if the pen count as damage for deducting the shield point of a cover ...

Thanks again for the answer!

M

Well then...you have your answer, it loses 1 point after it's abated you'd have to "recast" it.

If it works as cover, then treat it as cover.

PR/AP 3

1st Pen 2 so damage reduced by 1, if it does enough damage then the second strike would be reduced by 0 because the AP would be reduced by 1 from strike 1.

thank you !