Monster spawn.

By EdwardQ, in Arkham Horror

If a monster spawns that says spawn at unstable space and there is not a face up card because Gate burst. What happens to the monster?

If i am not mistaken it spawns at starting location.

3 hours ago, Casparas said:

If i am not mistaken it spawns at starting location.

This is correct. In the RR, page 22 under Unstable Space 493.3 'If there are no cards in the event discard pile, the starting space is the unstable space.' We had to look that one up too. There wasn't anything about it in the LtP, and almost house ruled it because we couldn't find anything in the monster section of the RR. On a lark flipped to the back and saw they had the area about the Unstable Space.

Thanks. I already got my answer from Reddit since it took 3 days for my message to be approved

1 hour ago, LordPyrex said:

This is correct. In the RR, page 22 under Unstable Space 493.3 'If there are no cards in the event discard pile, the starting space is the unstable space.' We had to look that one up too. There wasn't anything about it in the LtP, and almost house ruled it because we couldn't find anything in the monster section of the RR. On a lark flipped to the back and saw they had the area about the Unstable Space.

We housed ruled it that the monster gets redrawn.

I think that this should have been on the LtP document since there is a high possibility of this out come. It happened 3 times in our 1st game.

A major key thing to remember is that the rules reference guide is still considered part of the rule book. There may be a LTP and the RRG as two separate books, but the RRG details all of the rules in entirety while the LTP only teaches you the basic concept of how to play the game and turn order. If you ever have a question about a rule, check the RRG it will tell you everything that you will need to know.

Hi ya all!

A little dilemma pop'd up:

My Leader got defeated during Monster Phase and got removed from the board.

During Mythos Phase I spawned a Monster with "spawn at street nearest leader".

Where to spawn because the new Leader comes into play after the Mythos Phase? I houseruled it to be spawn at street nearest starting space.. Does anyone agree?

It is ruled that all spaces has same distance to devoured investigators, ao ny location is valid target.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, Hannibal_pjv said:

It is ruled that all spaces has same distance to devoured investigators, ao ny location is valid target.

Just out of curiosity and for my own piece of mind... where is this rule?!? I feel like I've scanned through the RR, LtP, and even the new Errata looking for some semblance of this.

I can't find the rule myself, but I would probably rule it the same way that spawning at an unstable space would be. If there is no unstable space (or in this case leader) spawn the monster on the starting space. My logic behind that is that the new investigator will be spawning there anyway at the start of their turn. That's just my opinion though, don't know if it is how it is to be intended.

I think that it was in faq.

p4, Monster Phase, 202.2g: is entry should read, “ If a monster has multiple possible destinations or targets, the option closer to the monster takes precedence. If one or more of these options are the same distance from the monster, the players as a group decide which of those spaces is the monster’s destination.”

From the FAQ, that looks like it is in reference to activating monsters for movement and other abilities not so much for spawning.