Who are the base game heroes?

By Deadwolf, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

On 1/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, anarchEN said:

I think it's Aragorn, Elena, Gimli, Bilbo, Legolas and Beravo  r

Articles can confirm this.

I am intrigued about Elena.

4 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

It says 31 miniatures total, with 6 being heroes. So we can assume based on that we have 25 enemy miniatures. We don't know for sure how the groupings work, if its similar to IA/Descent where multiple miniatures will belong to one deployment card or if it will follow MoM and have each miniature be an independent activation.

Based on the pictures though it looks like we have some pretty classic enemies, orcs, goblins, orc/goblin archers, wargs, something undead and a hill troll. Again, being Tolkien lore there are limitless options moving forward.

It could be something like four of each and 1 hill troll, or 6 of some and 3 of others etc.. again we don't really know the break down and we don't know for sure that this picture has EVERY enemy mini that comes in the box. IA had Stormies (9), Probe Droids (3), E-Webs (2), Nexus (2), Royal Guards (4), Imperial Offiers (3) Trandoshan Hunters (4), AT-ST, this seems pretty similar with 6 small figure deployments and one big and 6 heroes. The IA core had 35 total miniatures, so 4 more than what is in this box.

jme01_figures_enemies-all.png

They have a cave troll...

Where does it say Legolas is included?

Also, that mini for Aragorn, if indeed it is him, is a strange choice IMO.

PS. Those minis are just itching to be painted!!!

2 hours ago, Quigman said:

Fair point, I did a quick scour and can't actually see Legolas mentioned by name. All of us are just assuming he would be the pointy eared elf with the bow on the box art/figure.

Remember, lore Legolas has dark hair, only movie Legolas had the blonde hair.

3 hours ago, Quigman said:

they claim at the beginning of a campaign, every hero sets off on their journey with a unique deck of skill cards that they use to ward off dangers and make progress in their adventures. These cards represent a character’s accumulated knowledge from their days exploring Middle-earth, including tactics, innate abilities, and even songs they can draw on in the heat of battle. Whether you’re playing as Legolas or Beravor, however, you must carefully choose how to apply your skills.

Edited by Ywingscum

The first major news article does specifically mention Legolas.

36 minutes ago, Theldyrn said:

The first major news article does specifically mention Legolas.

"No matter if you choose to set out on your own or venture forth with four other players"

That was taken directly from your link...

I've "ctrl F'd" all articles for Legolas and come up with nothing...

It wouldn't be the first time FFG has changed an article or bungled a piece of an image previewing a release :P

Yea they definitely changed it, because I swear I remember them specifically mentioning Legolas. Still, I hold true that is him.

1 hour ago, Quigman said:

"No matter if you choose to set out on your own or venture forth with four other players"

That was taken directly from your link...

I've "ctrl F'd" all articles for Legolas and come up with nothing...

It wouldn't be the first time FFG has changed an article or bungled a piece of an image previewing a release :P

Did you click on 'Read more'? Legolas is mentioned below the fold, in the first paragraph beneath the image of Aragorn's character card.

Whether you’re playing as Legolas or Beravor, however, you must carefully choose how to apply your skills.

3 minutes ago, Theldyrn said:

Did you click on 'Read more'? Legolas is mentioned below the fold, in the first paragraph beneath the image of Aragorn's character card.

Ahh yes, thank you. I missed the read more!

I hope they do add Eleanor at some point but I like the look of Elena (female elf?)
Funny how they changed the art a bit for Aragorn, they added a beard! https://goo.gl/images/vvhf3Q
Also glad they did new Art for Berevor, her old art wasn't my favorite.

jme01_tablet_upgrading-character-skills.

jme01_aragorn-starting-items.png