anybody ever make their own maps?

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Anybody ever make their own maps?

Your own skirmish missions?

3 player maps? (I've tried this, hard to make it fair)

Combining tiles from more than one expansion? (like Hoth and HotE)

I was trying to come up with a map with lots of halls and doors that keep randomly opening and shutting each round or even mid round. Just when you think your are about to get hammered, start of the next round a blast door closes and blocks you off from Vader or Whoever.

I didn't make this but here's a 4-player skirmish map made by a certain Mr. or Mrs. Bone Shovel: Death Station Beatdown

Thanks for the tip. That one looks fun. I like how it combines tiles from Hoth, Bespin, TS and the core set.

I’d love for someone to make a 3 player map. Doesn’t even have to be constrained to existing tiles imo (I’ll probably print it anyway), but that would probably make it more appealing for most.

I did, here's an example:

5bc8ac6231c3c_IA_map4playerTiles.jpg.ed1

I 've also written scenarios for my custom maps, but I need to translate them from German to English first.

Edited by Fourtytwo

Yes, but I've always mixed sets and pieces. You can do a lot more with multiple core sets or mixing Jabba's and Twin Shadows parts

that's a fun looking map buckero0!

there isn't an app where you can combine any tiles available is there? It would be fun to make some weird maps with multiple tiles even if you don't have multiple copies... like a map with multiple sarlac pits, or even just one huge pit in the middle, or a bunch of balconies or bridges... then you could print up the weird maps you've created.

Yeah, there are a lot of times when we have just three players and not the full four. Often we'll have one player doing musical chairs and playing two armies at once against the other two, but a three player map with three player rules maybe would really be appealing.

53 minutes ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

there isn't an app where you can combine any tiles available is there?

The Vassal IA Campaign module for designing (64dpi), something else to create printable. Or if you print it yourself, 64dpi is probably okay.

Edited by a1bert
9 hours ago, a1bert said:

The Vassal IA Campaign module for designing (64dpi), something else to create printable. Or if you print it yourself, 64dpi is probably okay.

And if you want 300DPI assets, all the tiles have been scanned for the Skirmish map project.

Many have been edited down to the individual tiles, though other's remain scans. DM me for an invite.

I made this 4-player Core Tile map a while back as a proof of concept. I hadn't finalized any doors or objectives for it, just the deployment zones. Looking at it now, it would probably have to have 2 doors between red and yellow's deployment zones and blue and green's deployment zones.

zOdxP2Y.png

I wonder if anybody has made good 3-player skirmish maps? That'd be pretty useful.

16 hours ago, aermet69 said:

I wonder if anybody has made good 3-player skirmish maps? That'd be pretty useful.

Not without using duplicate tile sets. It's the holy grail of custom maps.

19 hours ago, aermet69 said:

3 players is generally a hard number because you can always have the issue of 1 player being ganged-up on