Simple Horror Card Clarification needed

By True North, in Mansions of Madness

I pulled a PANIC card from the horror deck

Instructions are; Resolve Immediately - Suffer 1 additional facedown damage - Then flip the card facedown

My question is this, the app told me to take 1 x horror hit, I pulled the card (as shown above). Do I need to pull an additional horror card from the deck even though the app only gave me a hit of 1 x Horror ?

Thanks in adavnace for the help, cheers

Damage, not horror. You pull a damage card (face down) then flip the horror you took face down. But yes, if a card instructs you to take additional damage/horror, it is on top of what you were already instructed to take. An unlucky sequence of cards can easily chain react into numerous amounts of additional horror/damage.

Thanks Neosmagus

You are correct, it was 'Damage' not horror....brain slip

You are right about the possibility for an unlucky sequence and that is why I wanted to clarify. Seemed like it was potentially a design error to allow something like that to happen. You can get knocked out pretty quickly with something like that.

11 minutes ago, True North said:

Thanks Neosmagus

You are correct, it was 'Damage' not horror....brain slip

You are right about the possibility for an unlucky sequence and that is why I wanted to clarify. Seemed like it was potentially a design error to allow something like that to happen. You can get knocked out pretty quickly with something like that.

But it's also rare because you would have to draw specific cards from a huge deck where the majority don't do anything much. And sometimes it can be lucky where you draw one that says you can discard it or something. I've had a situation where a chain reaction actually cleared my damage :D