[Tool] Twenty Questions Helper

By Zolt51, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

I made a spreadsheet to help my game group through the character creation process. It's very, very beta but I figure it could be of use to others.

Use File / make a copy to make your own copy of the sheet, then you can start using it.

There's certainly a lot to be improved, all suggestions and bug reports welcome!

Edited by Zolt51

Thanks a lot! This is a real time saver :)

Please let me report on my first attempts at fiddling with it:

• Looks like the Family selection is #N/A, so you don't get to chose one Ring and add those two skills and koku...
  • Question 17 should allow to select one skill where you have zero rank

Otherwise it's quite easy to use and intuitive. Kudos!

1 hour ago, Franwax said:
  • Looks like the Family selection is #N/A, so you don't get to chose one Ring and add those two skills and koku...

>> You're supposed to choose a Clan first and then the list will populate with the choices of family. Did that not work? There was an error on Column E for that, which I just fixed.
Also it might take Gsheets a few seconds to refresh the drop-down list.

1 hour ago, Franwax said:
  • Question 17 should allow to select one skill where you have zero rank 

>> Thanks! I had missed that one! I did a quick fix to add it

Edited by Zolt51
8 hours ago, Zolt51 said:

You're supposed to choose a Clan first and then the list will populate with the choices of family. Did that not work?

Yes I did that, but did not seem to work yesterday. Here is what I found: it works now with the copy I saved in Drive, but not when I download the spreadsheet as xlsx... Is it expected? It's funny because all other drop down lists populate just fine. Looks like some sheets get corrupted in the process.

Thanks a lot for the fixes in any case! I will use this for sure :)

Yes, it uses quite a few formulas from Google sheets that simply do not exist in excel. You can only use it on Gsheets.

Edited by Zolt51

Thanks, that’s great :)

This is a great tool. Thanks for all the work.

This spreadsheet is an amazing help. Do you have a plan to release an updated version of it at all?

On 1/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, Kokuu said:

This spreadsheet is an amazing help. Do you have a plan to release an updated version of it at all?

I mostly made this to help myself & my group get our characters up and running. I was hoping better tools would be around by now.

Do you have some ideas of what schools / features you'd like to see in there?