Quick question.

By BranWheatKillah, in Anima: Tactics

I've finally been able to play the game a couple of times now and I've got a new question.

When an ability gives a character a state, for example Haste Level 2, what happens if that same ability is cast on the character again? Do the counters stack, giving the character 4, or does the ability override the previous and reset the counters to 2?

When a State effect is recast on someone with a state effect the level is increased but not doubled. The increase works as follows...

Half the level (round down) is added to the existing effect.

i.e. Evangaline casts Holy Armour on Kronnen giving him a bonus to his armour, the effect is level 2 Shield. after the following maintenance phase Evangaline again casts Holy Armour on Kronnen.

Kronnens Shield has been reduced to level 1 because of the new round, the spell from Evangaline normally gives Shield level 2 but as Kronnen is already under the spells effect the level of Evangalines second holy armour is halved (rounding down) for only a single extra levels power restoring Kronnens Holy Armouor effect back to level 2

If Evangaline had a Level 3 Shield to cast in the round after the initial cast the rebuff would still only add +1 level as +1.5 is rounded down.

- Raith

So, you'd need to be able to cast level 4 of something to make something at a 1 go up by more than 1? Seems like it should round up

That was the ruling in the web addendums but that is not expressed in the new rulebook. Simply if you have Shield Lv. 1 and get additional levels of Shield, they get added to a max of 4.