Ship requirements

By ahdaniels76, in X-Wing Organized Play

For upcoming tournaments (hyperspace, systems, etc.), what's the story on ship requirements, assuming I have all the proper cards? For example, can I use an old Rebel YT-1300 for a Scum YT-1300, or do I need to buy/borrow the one with the detachable escape craft (let's assume I'm not using it in my list)? Can I use old rebel A-wings (red stripe) in a Resistance list, or do I need the fancy blue stripe ones? Can I fly a Scum Y-wing or Z-95 as a rebel, or does it need to be rebel colors? Basically, how picky are tournies going to be about ship models?

Thanks!

If I were TO at a FLGS tourney on Saturday afternoon as long as you have the proper cards and ship tokens and dials and bases for things that are now medium base I'd allow interchanging models. I'd go off the old 1st Ed. rule about allowing re-paints and alterations as long as you're not trying to misrepresent what you've put on the table.

But I'm not your TO. I don't think they've cleared this situation up officially yet. If they have it will be in the tournament resources documents on the Product page for 2nd Ed.

The only thing I found in the official tournament documentation is below. As you can see, these rules would "technically" not allow the swapping of falcons because they have different names (Customized, Salvaged, etc.). This is even more true of the A-wings, which are different ships. (In the same way that a FO Tie is different from an Imperial Tie). You can swap ships with the same full name, such as the Z-95 or Y-wing.

I would think TOs would be most lenient with the Falcon, because it's a very distinct ship, but "technically" it's in violation if you use the new Scum falcon as a Resistance Falcon. Someone would probably have to report it for anyone to even notice.

Multiple Faction Ships

All ship cards and ship bases in a player’s squad must belong to the same faction. If a player’s ship has different versions in more than one faction, the player may use any version of the miniature and dial that match the full ship name when assembling a squad. All dials must be from Second Edition. Plastic dial backs from the premium maneuver dial kit may be used.

Multiple Ship Example: Scott is fielding a Scum & Villainy squad that has two BTL-A4 Y-wings. One of his BTL-A4 Y-wing miniatures and one of his BTL-A4 Y-wing dials is from the Second Edition BTL-A4 Y-wing expansion. The other BTL-A4 Y-wing miniature is from the First Edition Most Wanted expansion, and the other dial is from the Second Edition Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit. However, all of his ship cards and ship bases are from the Scum & Villainy faction.

Multiple Faction Ships

All ship cards and ship bases in a player’s squad must belong to the same faction. If a player’s ship has different versions in more than one faction, the player may use any version of the miniature and dial that match the full ship name when assembling a squad. All dials must be from Second Edition. Plastic dial backs from the premium maneuver dial kit may be used.

Multiple Ship Example: Scott is fielding a Scum & Villainy squad that has two BTL-A4 Y-wings. One of his BTL-A4 Y-wing miniatures and one of his BTL-A4 Y-wing dials is from the Second Edition BTL-A4 Y-wing expansion. The other BTL-A4 Y-wing miniature is from the First Edition Most Wanted expansion, and the other dial is from the Second Edition Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit. However, all of his ship cards and ship bases are from the Scum & Villainy faction.

What about using a dial upgrade on a different faction ship dial? Consider the e.g. above with a second edition Rebel Y-Wing dial covered with a scum dial upgrade. Would that be cheating or legal? This might be useful for ships like TIEs, Y-Wings, Z-95s, HWKs, ARCs (upcoming).

Edited by KaLeu
23 hours ago, KaLeu said:

What about using a dial upgrade on a different faction ship dial? Consider the e.g. above with a second edition Rebel Y-Wing dial covered with a scum dial upgrade. Would that be cheating or legal? This might be useful for ships like TIEs, Y-Wings, Z-95s, HWKs, ARCs (upcoming).

I personally think that it would be okay if the dail has the same manuevers as the ship in the other faction.

I’m also certain that was allowed in 1.0

Edited by RedLeader23

Look, if they call you for using a Resistance Falcon in a Rebel list, or Scum Falcon even? They’re a dillhole, and you probably don’t want to play with that group anyhow.

If I was TO ing and someone tried to complain about it? I’d basically tell the complaining party to, politely, go pound sand.

The dual cover is a lot more tricky. For TIEs I would definitely not allow scum swap, but Y-wings would be ok with.

Its all about reasonableness.

Edited by millertime059