Questions about Tactics!

By psyonicrogue, in Anima: Tactics

Hey all. I have the Anima card games and the Anima roleplaying books and game master toolkit. I would love to get into the tactics game but do not know where to start since i have never played a miniatures game like this before. I know i need to buy the book first. But what figures do i need to buy first as well?

The book will help you decide on the figures you want to use. When you start the game you need to decide if you want to make a team based on the factions: Light or Dark, or if you want to build a team based on the Organizations. Typically, you'll fare better as an organization as it will give your team some special benefits but playing as a faction will give you a more diverse group of characters.

So pick up the book, read the stories, or just pick out the characters you think look the coolest.

psyonicrogue said:

Hey all. I have the Anima card games and the Anima roleplaying books and game master toolkit. I would love to get into the tactics game but do not know where to start since i have never played a miniatures game like this before. I know i need to buy the book first. But what figures do i need to buy first as well?

If you would like to try out the game, you can see if there is a "Free Agent" in your area, they demonstrate anime and can help you get a grasp of the basics before going off an buying the figures. The forums here have a list of the Free Agents and there location somewhere... i just forget in which part of the miniature section specifically.

There is no real need to buy any specific figures to play Anima, the best way to start is choose ones you like the look of, buy some that are Dark, some that are Light and find a friend to have a game with then go from there 3 figures a side is good but only 2 would do to start. The light and dark starters are a nice place to begin but can get a bit dull if you only use them.

After you buy the initial figures you just expand with a few more light and dark or head into an Organisation if a particular figures playstyle inspires you.

- Raith

Thanks all. I ordered the book and will go through it first before buying all my figures. I might end up buying everything eventually since i love painting miniatures. But I will just start with about 6 maybe that i like and expand from there. I guess they are doing a league at the event center Monday nights. will go check it out sometime soon.