How good is the "Lord of Subterfuge" uppgrade?

By Datskor, in Runewars Tactics

So as there is a chance for some Runewars figures under the three this year. So as i dont have baron Z yet I wonder how good the lord of subterfuge?

And how is the interaction between that uppgrade and scuddle?

I have a good friend that swears by it. Some of the factions have off-dial movement in the latest United, but Daqan’s Baron allows you to see and reset your own dial. All of these upgrades affect the guessing sub game.

I like it for precisely that reason. Heroes are notoriously dodgy. Some of them can leave combat before your unit can swing. if you know they are going to shift away, you can program movement instead.

Its a lot of points to solve a guessing game problem. Imo, id rather just throw a bane on the problem. Cant shift if you are immobilized.

8 hours ago, Darth Matthew said:

Its a lot of points to solve a guessing game problem. Imo, id rather just throw a bane on the problem. Cant shift if you are immobilized.

Actually you can shift if it's not a dialed in shift. So scuttling horror or Prince F's E of A ability cannot be counted by a immobilize token.

I think saying it's allot of points to solve a guessing game is an oversimplification. If you already want a support Baron Z for the free inspiration and vitality then it's only 5 points, so it's only expensive if you are adding it just just to look at dials and aren't looking for other synergies. It also does a little more than solve the guessing game, it allows you to take bigger gambles knowing you can change your dial. This knowledge can keep your opponent from taking aggressive gambles as well, causing them to play more passively.

Short version is that it's actually really good if you already are running Baron Z for the vitality.

5 hours ago, QuickWhit said:

Actually you can shift if it's not a dialed in shift. So scuttling horror or Prince F's E of A ability cannot be counted by a immobilize token.

I think saying it's allot of points to solve a guessing game is an oversimplification. If you already want a support Baron Z for the free inspiration and vitality then it's only 5 points, so it's only expensive if you are adding it just just to look at dials and aren't looking for other synergies. It also does a little more than solve the guessing game, it allows you to take bigger gambles knowing you can change your dial. This knowledge can keep your opponent from taking aggressive gambles as well, causing them to play more passively.

Short version is that it's actually really good if you already are running Baron Z for the vitality.

That’s exactly what I was using him for. The Vitality works well with Rune Golems to keep them around and tie up enemy forces while my Spearstar crunches things (not to mention the Baron’s own attacks)...

I've played against it once, the guy playing it is newer to the game, but it helped him a lot. In a competitive setting, I could see it being as tilt-worthy as scuttle or etharyon.