Five A-Wings

By GreenDragoon, in X-Wing Battle Reports

8 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I haven't tried it. Finally got a Fireball, but the first list will be Kaz with Rey and Cova for me. Many report that the fireball should be kept lean, and I'd definitely do that in a list with 4As.

But most lists in the past year didn't do too well when mixing 4As with something. Snap+Composure was (imo) a bit of an exception. The fireball might do ok, but it's not clear. Personally, I'd try Kaz in a 5411+Kaz list.

e:

That's exactly how I built it, too. One thought is to move a heroic from Zizi to Ronith, with the idea that Ronith has a much harder time on a blank out, while Zizi can still have an evade.

Heh, Cova Rey Kaz (in place of Lulo) seems like a fun place for me also - extended though.

Recently i'm exploring awesomness of Intimidation Zari, not only she is scary as **** and and she can deny a lot of area so she has big impact on the game even when she just threatens to bump :P With her ability she can stick herself to her bump target, for those who find Boba Fenn/Fangs a hard matchup this may be a solution, as she makes it just so much easier to melt Boba, or threaten Fenn/Fangs (they're very predicatble with their moves)

1 hour ago, RStan said:

just Zizi and Greer with Heroic probably.

Yeah that's why I ended up at the same version as you. I barely got to test it so far though. Also just one with intimidation Zari. I miss another i5 there, but the one game also reminded me how convenient Zari's ability actually is.

So finally dipped my feet into this archetype, primarily because I wanted to create a third alternative to the Resistance lists I've been flying.

With the talk of Intimidation Zari being a good meta pick and trying to fit in a Fireball this is what I came up with:

(33) Jarek Yeager [Fireball]
(1) Heroic

(40) Zizi Tlo [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(36) Tallissan Lintra [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(36) Greer Sonnel [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(35) Zari Bangel [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(3) Intimidation

Total points: 200

55543 is considerably higher that the average 5A list. Do you see this as a benefit or a hindrance with the loss of blockers. Also is Yaeger worth it for the I5 or should this Tallie be exchanged for Heroic Ronith and then just bring Kaz as the 5th ship.

@Flurpy I'm not a fan of Jarek. He just doesn't do much in the realm of contributing damage. I get Jarek can do crazy move things, but I'd rather drop him to Rose if I was thinking of having one of the ships not be a RZ2. She's much more modded than Jarek and so much cheaper to the point if the opponent fires everything on her, she'll likely get rerolls and they will have only gained 26 pts.

admins, please remove, redundant post.

Edited by rhetor
Have missed the answer a few posts above
5 hours ago, RStan said:

@Flurpy I'm not a fan of Jarek. He just doesn't do much in the realm of contributing damage. I get Jarek can do crazy move things, but I'd rather drop him to Rose if I was thinking of having one of the ships not be a RZ2. She's much more modded than Jarek and so much cheaper to the point if the opponent fires everything on her, she'll likely get rerolls and they will have only gained 26 pts.

I see. I have two further questions about switching Rose for Yaeger:

1) with Rose being much slower than the rest and easier to isolate, whats your general plan on flying her?

2) What do you do with the remaining points? Since Rose is 8 points cheaper and all 4 A-Wing are already pretty much at capacity. Second talent? Talent/crew on Rose?

EDIT: Ok I noticed you can add Optics to Zari and Intimidation to Rose to get to 199 or am I missing something more obvious?

Edited by Flurpy
5 hours ago, Flurpy said:

I see. I have two further questions about switching Rose for Yaeger:

1) with Rose being much slower than the rest and easier to isolate, whats your general plan on flying her?

2) What do you do with the remaining points? Since Rose is 8 points cheaper and all 4 A-Wing are already pretty much at capacity. Second talent? Talent/crew on Rose?

EDIT: Ok I noticed you can add Optics to Zari and Intimidation to Rose to get to 199 or am I missing something more obvious?

Rose being slower is something you have to play around. Zari can actually work well sticking around Rose by continuously bumping into her to stick around and still get actions and the main engagement either shoot a bit past Rose or still bump into Rose and bank boost over her to proc her ability easier. The other As will get further ahead, but that's okay for Rose's offense since it just needs friends in her arc. What tends to happen is when the RZ2s leave Rose gets left behind, but that ends up being an okay trade if the opponent bites on going after her since she's so cheap.

In terms of loadout, I'd probably go with Intimidation on Zari, Expert Handling on Rose as there are definitely times I've wanted to BR for positioning in the early turns, but the blues limit me a bit the turn after, and keep the 2 pt bid. I thought about Daredevil on Zizi since sometimes all you want are shots and getting around the 2 turn and daredevil boost seems alright, but then most of the time in those cases, Zizi has arc turned to the rear so then that wouldn't work out well.

Edited by RStan

Maybe instead of Rose, you can put Vi Moradi. You can add Zizi/Greer/Zari/Green all with Heroic+AO. Zari and Green both with Intimidation.

going into extremes you can have:

Rose+Vi Moradi + 4 Blues and enough points for 4x H, 3xAO and 1xIntimidation

what do you think?

Today's my 2nd debut with 5A, in the following incarnation:

5A

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(3) Intimidation

(32) Blue Squadron Recruit [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 199

Two games won, one lost. Conclusions? Will be exchanging intimidation for optics, or Zari for Ronith. Otherwise, love these wiggly little ships!

1 minute ago, rhetor said:

Today's my 2nd debut with 5A, in the following incarnation:

5A

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(3) Intimidation

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 199

Two games won, one lost. Conclusions? Will be exchanging intimidation for optics, or Zari for Ronith. Otherwise, love these wiggly little ships!

Intimidation Zari needs a bit of practice and set up.

59 minutes ago, kenoslaw said:

Intimidation Zari needs a bit of practice and set up.

Way more than I have, it seems 😃

P.S. on another thought, perhaps I could Keep Zari, and switch one Blue for Ronith sans optics...

Edited by rhetor

Played a game today and @NaKoaLani was nice enough to stream it:

My takeaways:

• I messed up quite a bit - my initial plan was under the outdated idea that RZ2s have a 3k, which they don't. I barely ever used red maneuvers and so I had to adapt on the turn before the 5k.
  • The initial engagement was ok-ish. Zari should have bumped one. Again lack of focus on my part, I was still thinking of Arvel when I wanted to 5s+boost for the bump. Zari of course can't do that.
  • On top of my mistakes, I was a bit unlucky.
  • https://guarded-brushlands-55561.herokuapp.com/game?id=72
  • The first combat round was ok in principle for the engagement. But if you think about it: the 3v4 on Greer pushed a damage, the 3v3 on Ronith pushed two, 3v4 on Zari pushed one, the next 3v4 on Ronith forced the focus, and the next 4v3 on Zari took her out. I rolled 4 evades on 15 greens. But much worse was the distribution and amount of focus results. His first 16 greens had 10 evades and 1 focus. That put him ahead by quite a bit in the beginning and that matters. So while I dealt 5 damage, he dealt 7 - when I have more greens and fewer health.
  • The second combat round was horrible on my part. I thought Greer would get a shot, but had to boost to dodge. The free rotate was a mix of autopilot and sticking to the initial plan despite changed circumstances. Ronith and BSR turned out horrible. I did not see the sloop, and I thought I was going to get at least one better shot. Something should have been behind Ronith. It was just bad, all around, with only 2 shots on my part. Ronith dying was just added insult to injury.
  • Third one was just bad, again lack of concentration. The block against Greer is relatively obvious and can do in several ways. The rotate before was horrible, and now I payed the price. BSR with a 2straight was just surrendering it for nothing. I simply forgot that he can adjust with ailerons and that my "block" wouldn't work. Finally Zizi should have gone 2 straight to keep options.
  • I almost won anyway in the end. No clue how that happened, I only flunked for 3 turns of combat and then the other 2 basically turned the game...?
  • Most importantly though it was really fun!

IT'S THE RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, RStan said:

IT'S THE RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But....equipping that means that we're no longer talking about 5 A-Wings! This is a slippery slope to turning the thread into 3A + 2 friends! /s

I am playing a lot of Guri/Fenn lately and this list is giving me a headache most of the time. So I wanted to get into something different. I was looking at 5A for a long time but haven't had the opportunity to put it on the table. Now that we are all playing online I finally can give this list a try. I really love the A-Wings, played 3 with Poe for a long time.

I tried some builds. Now I want to ask you guys whats your preferred one.

It's always Zizi, Geer, Blue, Ronith (all with Heroic+Optics). The 5th ship is the issue for me. It's either Talli (Heroic), another Blue (Heroic/Optics) or Zari (Intimidation). Intimdation Zari sounds good on paper but I'm not sure about her after a couple of matches. I played against I3 or lower, though. So Zari's Intimidation didn't came into effect because I prefered boosting over the ship I bumped. Because we're in an extended environment atm Tallis I5 is something you have to consider but I never was a big fan of Talli.

What's your opinion?

1 hour ago, Ryuneke said:

What's your opinion?

I still think there are 3 options:

1. Z izi Tallie Greer R onith Blue. I switched now to 5x Optics and 2x Heroic, instead of 5x Heroic and 4x Optics. This is my preferred list because 2x5 and 1x4 is pretty good. The upgrades are a bit less important. Lack of heroic makes it a bit more risky. The alternative is to remove Tallie's optics and give heroic to everyone.
  2. Zizi Greer Zari Ronith Blue . 5x Optics, 1x Intimidation. No heroic because you don't reaaallyy need it. I think this is the best version of the list, but only if you can make Zari work. I can't well enough, so I default to 1.
  3. Zizi Greer Ronith 2xBlue . 5x Optics, 5x Heroic, but low initiatives. This might be the most risk averse option, and as such the best starting point? Low inititative gives you the chance to set up blocks, and makes the decision for optics much easier.

It really depends on your risk appetite and your skill. I'm at a medium level for both, so the first is my way to go. Bartosz is a much better and aggressive player, so he went with nr2 I believe.

e: the point is, all three versions you mention are perfectly valid. My opinion is that a wrong maneuver or another blunder has a larger impact on the game than the exact list.

Edited by GreenDragoon
On 5/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, GreenDragoon said:

I still think there are 3 options:

1. Z izi Tallie Greer R onith Blue. I switched now to 5x Optics and 2x Heroic, instead of 5x Heroic and 4x Optics. This is my preferred list because 2x5 and 1x4 is pretty good. The upgrades are a bit less important. Lack of heroic makes it a bit more risky. The alternative is to remove Tallie's optics and give heroic to everyone.
  2. Zizi Greer Zari Ronith Blue . 5x Optics, 1x Intimidation. No heroic because you don't reaaallyy need it. I think this is the best version of the list, but only if you can make Zari work. I can't well enough, so I default to 1.
  3. Zizi Greer Ronith 2xBlue . 5x Optics, 5x Heroic, but low initiatives. This might be the most risk averse option, and as such the best starting point? Low inititative gives you the chance to set up blocks, and makes the decision for optics much easier.

It really depends on your risk appetite and your skill. I'm at a medium level for both, so the first is my way to go. Bartosz is a much better and aggressive player, so he went with nr2 I believe.

e: the point is, all three versions you mention are perfectly valid. My opinion is that a wrong maneuver or another blunder has a larger impact on the game than the exact list.

I’m currently flying #2 but with heroics so no AO on Zari, i think heroic is too good to drop it ;D and you have to make zari work to win.

Yesterday I played 5A for the first time. I had a blast flying it. Usually I'm a really cautious and defensive player so it felt different but awesome at the same time playing these A-Wings super aggressive. I choose Zizi, Greer, Ronith, BSR (all with AO/Heroic) and Intimidation Zari.

Disclaimer: We played 3 matches yesterday. My friend tried some CIS builds to see what they can do. These lists weren't very good. But that helped me to get a feeling for the A-Wings.

Game 1 against Maul, Sun Fac, 3 Drones

T2C9tdc.jpg

Setup: I talked to Bartosz about that and he shared some of his insights with me. Thanks for that, man! So I tried his setup which worked for me right from the start. BSR and Ronith are on the right side. I dialed in a 5 straight, followed by a boost. I thought I can live with the possibility that the Drones might turn in. If they don't I'm already behind them. Zizi and Greer went forward as well.

ADgt9Cr.jpg

Maul came in pretty fast. Both A-Wings had a shot and stripped two shields. The Drones turned away. Zari is now pretty save to turn in approaching from the middle of the board while the BSR and Ronith can go 5 straight to threaten the Drones.

bZtzSHG.jpg

Maul 5k'd and stripped two shields from Greer who used Heroic twice this round. Zizi and Greer did some damage to Sun Fac in return while the other two A-Wings killed the first Drone.

The BSR is now in a good position to follow the other Drone together with Ronith. Zari can bank in while Greer and Zizi can run from Maul shooting out the back.

ul4eA3u.jpg

Two rounds later. All A-Wings unload into Maul while Heroic saved the Blue Sq. Recruit. That was game and he conceded. I had 4 defensive Heroic triggers this match and everytime it saved me some damage.

Game 2 against Sun Fac, Maul and a single Drone

3y1CR2i.jpg

Setup: I wanted to threaten Sun Fac right from the start.

B7Wg7qn.jpg

I sent Greer and Zizi in with a 5 straight followed by a boost. Zari did the same as well as the BSR and Ronith. Maul didn't deckloak and lost a single shield.

cetu2Tl.jpg

The second round and lots of stuff is going on. I wanted Sun Fac so I turned the BSR and Ronith in and sent Zari in for a block because I thought Sun Fac will perform a 5 straight. Zizi and Greer followed with a 5 straight+boost. Ronith blocked Maul and Sun Fac showed a 3 turn to the right. Because his turret was in the wrong spot he had to tractor himself in front of the rock to avoi Zizi's r1 shot and give his tractor token to the BSR. Maul (who changed his ship in the meantime 🙂 ) and Sun annihilated the BSR. The A-Wings dealt damage to Sun Fac and destroyed the poor Drone sitting on a rock (with Struts).

Now I turned all the A-Wings to the outside and rotated the arc indicator. Sun Fac went over the rock, rolled a crit and got a panicked pilot (2 Stress tokens). So no barrel rolling/tractor shenanigangs. The A-Wings killed him and Maul couldn't do much all by himself.

The 3rd match was not much different and I forgot taking pictures...

First thoughts:

- FUN!
- this list will help me learing to play aggressive
- It's a loong way making Intimidation Zari work. Intimidation never triggered once in all three games. In situations where I had the opportunity setting up a block, Sun Fac was to close.
- the first thing I noticed is that you could have good control over the engagement with these ships
- you can really suprise your opponent playing aggressive

Thanks for writing it up!

3 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

- It's a loong way making Intimidation Zari work. Intimidation never triggered once in all three games. In situations where I had the opportunity setting up a block, Sun Fac was to close.

It's the same for me. The one time it does work it is amazing, but I can't make it work often enough. That's why I don't take Zari, usually. I know I should learn how to use her though.

Had the opportunity to play a game yesterday. I took pictures of every round. The A-Wings faced Maul + 4 Droids with Struts and Energy Shells

pmNYmUn.jpg

Setup.

mhpHnuL.jpg

Both A-Wings on the right went forward fast to threaten the Droids from the flank. Greer and Zizi turned away.

abJRAPk.jpg

Greer and Zizi two banked followed by a barrel roll while Zari turned in and the flanking A-Wings came around the rock. I was happy with my engagement. Zari can set a bump to mess things up while the others approaching from the sides.

B5Qq5lB.jpg

Zari's 5 straight followed by a boost resulted in a bump. Greer and Zizi turned in and had a good chance killing the Drone with 2 range 1 shots. The Drone survived with 1hp left. Ronith and the BSR did two damage to the Drone in front of Maul. I was satisfied so far and felt relaxed. Time to mess things up!

The correct move with Zari would be a two bank to the right and focus/rotate. I wanted the special, most suprising move so I dialed in a two hard to bump into the Drone triggering Zaris abiltiy and rotating the arc

KevKXEB.jpg

Zari blocked Maul but that's not what I should have done. The BSR would have done the job way better becaue he is in a much better position to deny a bumped Maul a shot while a two bank from Zari guaranted a shot out of her rear arc. That all came togehter because Zizi clipped the rock by a pixel sitting there with no actions, without a shot and with 4 incoming shots. Two Drones are already missing in this picture. One is sitting on the debris facing Zizi. The other one sitting between Greer and Zari. Zizi took three damage and survived-lucky me! Greer killed the Drone behind him while the BSR killed the one on the debris.

Zaris move was unnecessary and Zizis move to risky because I knew it will be close (no wiggle room in tts). Should have dialed in the two bank...

Nevertheless I killed two Droids.

F5fBgLG.jpg

The BSR and Ronith chased the Drones while the other A-Wings started turning. Mauls shot into Ronith brought him down to half while the BSR was lucky only losing a single shield while killing the yellow Drone in return.

Maul lost the first shields as well.

So I still had all my A-Wings left. I felt comfortable. Time to mess things up again.

UKyHVKW.jpg

Mauls best move was the segnors loop and I knew that which could be easily blocked by Ronith. BUUUUUT I decided to be super clever again 3 banking Ronith and rotating the arc backwards. Maul rolled 4 hits, Ronith one eyeball 😞 .

VD3CJyP.jpg

Greer set the block and Zizi and Zari fired for only a single point of damage. Now I was to greedy with Greer by spending his focus offensively against the Droid which still had 2 hp left. The Droid evaded one hit and rolled two hits. Greer rolled two eyeballs and remained crippled with 1hp left.

wk1GHPU.jpg

Now Greer went forward trying to kill the Drone together with the BSR. I didn't see Mauls segnors loop coming who killed a tokenless Greer. The Drone nattied against the BSR.

PcvdRgI.jpg

Maul and the Drone were now able to kill the BSR...what they did. Because I played to relaxed I did some crucial mistakes.

O5zqYR1.jpg

Zari and Zizi turned back into the fight. Maul had two health left and a structural damage (-1 defense).

bLmeg58.jpg

Last round: Zizi rolled eyball+blank against Maul. She spent the focus for one damage. Maul took his revenge and killed her. It was up to Zari. She needed to do one more point of damage what she did. The Drone had not shot. Game.

Conclusion:

- the lack of concentration is something I'm always struggling with. I had 5 A-Wings and were up against two ships. This game shouldn't be that close.
- A-Wings are fragile and can die fast if you park them in the wrong spot. I knew that Zizis move around the rock will be super close. So dial in an alternative maneuver if its possible.
- Do not trying to be super clever by performing excatly that moves just to trigger your ship abilitys. Zaris move looked nice and I did suprise my opponent but it turned out that Zari had no shot and Maul was able to do serious damage to Zizi.

34 minutes ago, Ryuneke said:

Conclusion:

- the lack of concentration is something I'm always struggling with. I had 5 A-Wings and were up against two ships. This game shouldn't be that close.
- A-Wings are fragile and can die fast if you park them in the wrong spot. I knew that Zizis move around the rock will be super close. So dial in an alternative maneuver if its possible.
- Do not trying to be super clever by performing excatly that moves just to trigger your ship abilitys. Zaris move looked nice and I did suprise my opponent but it turned out that Zari had no shot and Maul was able to do serious damage to Zizi.

You know, I really enjoy reading the game and that conclusion. You'll likely find extremely similar ones in this thread, because I went through the same process. I think those are things you just have to experience to really learn and change them. A-wings really punish your mistakes. But on the flip side, you have an amazing dial and boost+reararc to give you plenty options. ❤️ A-wings!

Can't get 5A out of my head. The list is thematic, has neither bad nor good matchups and is difficult to fly. But most importantly it's a ton of fun

So I brought them back to the table playing against Chiraneau and Whisper.

Don't know about this matchup. Vader Crew is really strong against A-Wings. Combine this with Whispers double modded Juke attack and you'll probably see A-Wings exploding left and right. On the other hand RAC isn't as maneuverable as he used to be back in 1.0 and he can't reinforce both sides.

Setup: See Bartosz playing this list :)

ekYqtp3.jpg

My opponent didn't expect that the Blue Squadron Recruit and and Ronith turned back facing him so I was able to strip some shields. Zari blocked Whisper so Intimidation triggered and Whisper blanked twice and remained stressed.

(I took this picture a bit to early, RAC bumped into the blue A-Wing). Now all of my ships can attack RAC next round.

faDPdG6.jpg

RAC landed on the debris so no reinforce. He took 11 damage and suffered a panicked pilot. With 4 remaining hp this game is nearly over. So of course I started playing bad.

3NVS9DZ.jpg

I tried blocking Whisper with Zizi but failed. She lost both shields. Failed getting enough arcs pointing on RAC, too. Greer dealt 3 more damage into the Deci and Zari had to do only 1 point of damage but blanked.

I knew Whisper will decloak to the left and 3/4k and wasn't sure if Zizis 2 turn to the left will fit. So dialed in a 2 turn to the right to get a shot.

4ova3an.jpg

RAC explodes. Unfortunately Zizi didn't get a shot at Whisper and suffered 1 damage. I should have boosted.... Now Whisper will decloak again.

yqm0pjE.jpg

Two rounds later after I f*** up again with Zizi, Whisper destroyed Zari. Ronith and Zizi were both at half points. I parked Greer on a debris and no other A-Wing had a shot.

PAfFvHy.jpg

I was suprised seeing Whisper decloaking to the right. She landed on the debris and the A-Wings brought her down to 1hp remaining. I also forgot rotating Roniths arc...Omg what am I doing?

WuTEDFj.jpg

The last round. Again I did a mistake with Zizi because I should have boosted to get rock coverage. Luckily, Zizi survived. Ronith and the Blue killed Whisper.

Conlusion:

- I started really well but failed horribly after RAC was nearly dead. I don't know what to do about this issue.
- A-Wings are fragile. I should have disengaged with Zizi and not sent her against Whisper all by herself...
- Besides Guri/Fenn this is my favourite list atm

Edited by Ryuneke
On 7/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Ryuneke said:

against Chiraneau and Whisper.

I played the matchup twice, once against a good and once against a bad player, but before Zizi+Ronith existed. Imo the match reaaaaally depends on the RAC/Whisper player. If he plays well then you have next to no chance. Whisper is nearly unhittable with 4 tokens (2x evade, focus, force) and RAC has 17HP. That should give your opponent enough time to remove at least 2, maybe even 3 Awings. Every shot should be on an Awing that lost a HP to Vader or has no token anymore. And we know how fast Awings die without focus.

17 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I played the matchup twice, once against a good and once against a bad player, but before Zizi+Ronith existed. Imo the match reaaaaally depends on the RAC/Whisper player. If he plays well then you have next to no chance. Whisper is nearly unhittable with 4 tokens (2x evade, focus, force) and RAC has 17HP. That should give your opponent enough time to remove at least 2, maybe even 3 Awings. Every shot should be on an Awing that lost a HP to Vader or has no token anymore. And we know how fast Awings die without focus.

You’re right. My opponent did two huge mistakes. Bump with Whisper into Zari and put RAC on a debris field. I played against this list recently flying 5 Interceptors and got wrecked.

Played against FO Aces yesterday (Quickdraw, Blackout, Vonreg)

3ohOvu8.jpg

Setup as usual. Greer und Zizi will turn away while the BSR and Ronith start flanking.

yuMSDwK.jpg

I turned the A-Wings in with a 3 turn followed by a boost. Blackouts 5 forward was to fast and Vonreg had to barrel roll+boost to avoid getting shot by 3 ships. Zari's now in a perfect postion to block.

Options: Ronith and the BSR will turn in. Greer can 2 straight and rotate her arc. There's also a small chance that she will block QD. Zizi 3 straights so she gets a shot into QD if the FO pilot gets blocked. Vonreg will most likely 1 turn. Because of that Zari will 3 bank towards Blackout to block Vonregs turn.

d5S048D.jpg

I really thought the BSR can boost forward but it failed so Ronith bumped into his back :( Fortunately Zari blocked Vonreg and QD's positions isn't good, either. I split fire a bit. Probably the wrong idea... Vonreg lost both shields and QD had only 1hp left after all A-Wings fired.

Options: The BSR is in a good spot to block something so 5 forward it is. Ronith follows with a bank maneuver. Zizi should turn because she won't get off another rear arc shot. Greer can turn or 2 forwards. There's a chance Vonreg will 1 turn so I dialed in a 2 forward for Greer and Zari.

j6l2ccU.jpg

Lots of bumping. Vonreg drops down to 1hp and QD explodes. Ronith and the BSR can bank and rotate their arc. Greer has to turn. Blackout might bank so I dialed in a 3 bank+boost for Zizi trying to block him.

I forgot taking pictures of the next 2 rounds...sorry!

g6bJ6i5.jpg

Two rounds later. Vonreg finally dies and the Blackout lost his last shield.

Options: Blackout can turn in both directions so the BSR will 2 turn to the left. It's ok if Blackout turns left because then he won't get a shot off. His other option is a straight maneuver. I wasn't sure if a 3 or 4 straight maneuver for Zari is better.

psVQ8b2.jpg

Blackout bumped, blanked and explodes. Win, only lost half of Zizi.

Conclusion:

- Zari blocked twice this game which was huge. But I'm still not sure if Zari is the best option
- the A-Wings are excellent blockers
- my opponent started way to aggressive
- it was the first game I played decent