Question for the Writers: Asahina

By KakitaKaori, in Lore Discussion

Need some help with something from Emerald Empire
On page 56, in the description of the Victory of No Strike, it describes an Isawa Tomokazu seeking vengeance against the Lion for their aggression against the Phoenix, and the Crane Champion Doji Ritsuko riding out to block him, enduring his elemental assaults until the kami would no longer listen to Tomokazu's requests, and this leading to the Phoenix's surrender.
Of course, in the original Old5R, a very similar story does play out related to the exact same war: However, the Isawa is Isawa Asahina and the Doji is Doji Kiriko, the daughter of the Crane Champion, and Asahina is striking at the Crane for interfering with the Phoenix's desire for revenge
So, my question is: Is Tomokazu and Ritsuko a separate but extremely similar incident from Asahina and Kiriko (possibly due to Kiriko or Ritsuko being inspired by the other), or is Tomokazu and Ritsuko an intentional replacement for Asahina and Kiriko, maybe with a namechange from Tomokazu so he could actually found the Asahina family? Or are the names Tomokazu and Ritsuko an error somehow in Emerald Empire and they should have been Asahina and Kiriko all along?
Thank you for your guidance.

Just replying to let you know you're not being ignored...I didn't write this part of the book, so I can't answer the question. If you don't get an answer in a day or so, I'll ping the other writers to see if whoever did write this part can answer it.

Thanks!

Just bumping so the question is not forgotten.

I did pass both of these questions to the Story Team but, given the holiday season, I think they've had other things on their minds. I'll ping them again later this week, if no answers arrive before then.

Hopeful bump? Maybe there's some other way I should be asking.

As this thread is still in need of an answer I ask as well. Is there an official response on the matter. The creation of the Asahina was a very inspiring story from the old lore.

This question has now been answered.

Rather than Kiriko riding out, facing Asahina, and enduring his elemental assaults to block them from the village using her own body, enduring this pain while keeping to the peace that the Crane have decreed should be...

She rides out and asks him to stop. When he keeps shooting fireballs, she looks very sad.

Asahina feels guilty because she looks so sad and spends the rest of his life seeking redemption.

Because who needs agency and courage when you can look sad enough.

1 hour ago, KakitaKaori said:

This question has now been answered.

Rather than Kiriko riding out, facing Asahina, and enduring his elemental assaults to block them from the village using her own body, enduring this pain while keeping to the peace that the Crane have decreed should be...

She rides out and asks him to stop. When he keeps shooting fireballs, she looks very sad.

Asahina feels guilty because she looks so sad and spends the rest of his life seeking redemption.

Because who needs agency and courage when you can look sad enough.

That was well anticlimactic... Nothing against you ST, I really like your work.

I really liked that story tbh. It shows that you could make a difference without drawing a weapon, commanding an army or asking the Kami for help you.

Her determination moved even the kami a tale for generations and that’s the story I’m keeping in my games, because after all it’s my Rokugan.

Edited by Nheko