What am I missing?

By DonCameelo, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Hi,

I've started playing X-Wing only recently. I am using Squad Builder to build potential squads and then I purchase miniatures. In theory, the builder should not allow me to select items that are not in my collection. I bought Y-Wing today and it seems that the app offers upgrade choices that are not available in the expansions. In this case for example I can select Han Solo as a gunner in the app, however, the expansion had only Agile Gunner. I assume it's the app that is bugged rather than the expansion is missing cards?

On 12/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, DonCameelo said:

Hi,

I've started playing X-Wing only recently. I am using Squad Builder to build potential squads and then I purchase miniatures. In theory, the builder should not allow me to select items that are not in my collection. I bought Y-Wing today and it seems that the app offers upgrade choices that are not available in the expansions. In this case for example I can select Han Solo as a gunner in the app, however, the expansion had only Agile Gunner. I assume it's the app that is bugged rather than the expansion is missing cards?

The App contains data for all available upgrades, regardless of source.

While it does allow you to track your collection, it will still show available upgrades from the Conversion kits and other available expansions too.

Therefore, if you want immediate access to all current upgrades, you'll want to get yourself a conversion kit, or, just wait for the relevant expansion pack to be released.

You aren't missing anything. The official squad builder does not limit you to only items in your collection.

I may be mistaken but I thought the whole purpose of the app was so you didn't have to cross faction purchase for those upgrade cards. Heck the only card needed would be the pilot card to track damage and tokens. The app will track the upgrades and points. But I guess that assumption was incorrect.

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I may be mistaken but I thought the whole purpose of the app was so you didn't have to cross faction purchase for those upgrade cards. Heck the only card needed would be the pilot card to track damage and tokens. The app will track the upgrades and points. But I guess that assumption was incorrect.

No, the purpose of the app is so that costs can be easily changed if need be. The app is meant for squad-building, and to my knowledge was never intended to be a replacement for any physical cards.

I guess I expected that the app would at least tell me how many copies of a given upgrade card are available in my collection. I think 'LaunchBay' has this functionality.