Madlands Requests - Church and Jukey trying stuff

By Church14, in Runewars Battle Reports

Jukey and I decided to make a change to our usual games and battle reports. We are now taking requests if players want to see us try to make a specific list, upgrade, or unit work.

The goals:

1) Hopefully this provides players ideas for how to play certain units/cards

2) This builds community engagement with the batreps. They take (Jumey’s) effort and seeing people invested gives motivation.

3) It gives us lost building ideas we wouldn’t have tried.

4) It may provide a challenge to ourselves to try and make something we’d normally dismiss work.

Current Requests:

Latari

- 6 Tray Scion

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/288780-tales-from-the-madlands-and-were-back/

- 2 tray scion with Bolos and Roots.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/288946-tales-from-the-madlands-some-barons-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn/

Waiqar

- Ardus

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/288780-tales-from-the-madlands-and-were-back/

- Ankaur

- Embedded LordV

- Mistlands Saboteur

- Captivating Hexer

Uthuk

- Kethra nukes rippers and Ravos embedded in Obscenes

Generic

-Mono lists (all of one unit)

Completed Requests:

-In progres

Edited by Church14

Can I request that Jukey win? :)

I really want to see some of the less used figure upgrades, but the problem is that they can get sniped out easily, defeating the purpose of trying them. I'm particularly interested in seeing what you guys can do with Mistlands Saboteur or Lord Vorun'thul figure upgrade (wait, did you guys already use Lord Vorun'thul figure upgrade?)

45 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

I really want to see some of the less used figure upgrades, but the problem is that they can get sniped out easily, defeating the purpose of trying them. I'm particularly interested in seeing what you guys can do with Mistlands Saboteur or Lord Vorun'thul figure upgrade (wait, did you guys already use Lord Vorun'thul figure upgrade?)

I have no tried embedded LordV. I will see what I can figure out. Saboteur is easy. I’ve used it to good effect before.

1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

I used his seige embedded, but the game was slow (Dance of the serpent I think it was).

Some requests:

2x1 Sicon with vicious roots and bolo nets?

Lord Hawthorne figure upgrade?

Uncontrolled geomancer?

3x2 Scouts with artifact bearer and Dawnblade?

4 hours ago, Datskor said:

Some requests:

2x1 Sicon with vicious roots and bolo nets?

Lord Hawthorne figure upgrade?

Uncontrolled geomancer?

3x2 Scouts with artifact bearer and Dawnblade?

We can add Scions to the list. Jukey and I can represent all factions but Daqan. If our local Daqan player is game then he can try these for you, but we can’t guarantee to test out Daqan ideas

Madlands will be on hold until after the holidays unfortunately (unless someone is in madison tomorrow and wants a game lol).

Happy holidays and safe travels everyone!

I want to see a list with Kethra and A big block of flesh rippers (nuking the flesh rippers for splash damage) and then siege Ravos in Obscenes. The rest and upgrades are up to you but this is a combo I've been really interested in seeing on the table.

I'd love to see some mono lists, all single tray seige... all fleshrippers... all reanimate archers... stuff like that. Find out where things start to break.

6 hours ago, Hepitude said:

I'd love to see some mono lists, all single tray seige... all fleshrippers... all reanimate archers... stuff like that. Find out where things start to break.

This will be a bit challenging, though we can try and proxy some stuff. It may have to be mono+hero(s) so that we aren’t proxying 70% of the models on the table.

- I’ll skip all Thresher lists. That’s been demonstrated before.

- I’ve tried 3 2x2 rippers (Sprint and MoI) and Gorgemaw. It’s actually a decent list as long as you don’t face high armor.

- Jukey might have an old report somewhere where he went all Reanimates. I think two 3x3 and a smaller block with an embedded Ankaur somewhere.

14 hours ago, Curlycross said:

I   want to see a list with Kethra and A big block of flesh rippers (nuking the flesh rippers for splash damage) and then siege Ravos in Obscenes. The rest and upgr  ade  s are up to you but this is a c  ombo I've been really interested in seeing on the table. 

This is doable.

Gotta add this one in, so we remember to test it eventually. Captivating Hexer is looking better and better in the current meta. So many options to shift a unit out of activation sequence (Etharyon, scuttle, cat bounce, entrancing gaze, obscene belly bounce...), it would seem like a useful figure to have in a build.

4 minutes ago, Jukey said:

Gotta add this one in, so we remember to test it eventually. Captivating Hexer is looking better and better in the current meta. So many options to shift a unit out of activation sequence (Etharyon, scuttle, cat bounce, entrancing gaze, obscene belly bounce...), it would seem like a useful figure to have in a build.

Added.

Updated with Jukey trying the Kneecapper two tray scions with bolo and vicious