My Poor Sweet Jenny

By Constrictor, in Arkham Horror

She was my favorite investigator in Eldritch Horror. Now she has been reduced to a bottom tier loser. Only investigator in the game with a 1 in the lore skill and a paltry 1 focus.

Shopping in general isn't a very useful thing to do when you can just pass skill checks to get free items during encounters.

P.S. Items that use an action to recover 1 health or 1 sanity are pure garbage when you can pretty easily pick up a different asset to soak damage without using insanely valuable actions.

This is also why Marie is a God tier investigator in new Arkham.

yeah, I never shop either, money is so much more useful for movement. As for items requiring actions to buffer San / Damage: you're right, no need for those either, especially if you can easily get allies doing the same for free

I wish I could come up with a simple houserule to encourage shopping, but I'm coming up blank 😔

Shopping is just fine. You just need character that can generate a lot of money. But it is not for every character...

if you have 15 dollars, why not to spent it something usefull like shotgun... it all depends on how games flow.

in one game the Northside was fokus and my investigator collected a lot of remnants and was handlily payed by the newpapers and collected a lot of money while cleanig up chaos from northside. So I ended upp buying a lot of items from curiosity shop and getting nice allies from train station. And still have money leftower by visiting the news Office.

Okay.

I suppose it depends on what you like and how you play the investigator. We have one regular player in our group who almost always picks Jenny, and plays her to great effect. I was skeptical about her, also, with the low skill and focus, but she can be a very powerful character if played right.