[Updated 1ST JUNE 2019] Custom NPC Cards - The Clone Wars

By Kualan, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I recently came across theDearth2's card template (found here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/91959-the-dearth-presents-npc-vehicles-and-starships-custom-card-template/ ) and as someone who has bought all the official Adversary Decks and finds them to be a great quick reference tool I decided to go ahead and make some custom cards for characters from the Clone Wars.

These stats are mostly my own (though it includes some from Rise of the Separatists sourcebook and beyond). For the iconic characters I have looked to the stat blocks found in various era books for guidance on scale and balance. Feedback welcome on all fronts.

As of 1st June 2019 there are 186 Adversaries and Vehicles statted up - some are official stats, but the majority are ones of my own creation. A couple of examples:

ttBHGiL.jpg TP96Nqe.jpg

I've tried to group them up in themes as best as I can. You can find them as 3 x 3 sheets on the below links or you can download the full archive as individual cards.

LINKS TO THE 3 X 3 SHEETS:

JEDI ORDER A

JEDI ORDER B

JEDI ORDER C

JEDI ORDER D

REPUBLIC MILITARY

REPUBLIC NAVY

REPUBLIC SENATE

SEPARATIST LEADERSHIP

SEPARATIST MILITARY A

SEPARATIST MILITARY B

LAND BATTLE A

BOUNTY HUNTERS A

BOUNTY HUNTERS B

CRIMINAL UNDERWORLD A

DATHOMIR AND RYLOTH

NABOO AND TRADE FEDERATION

DEATH WATCH AND MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS

NEW MANDALORIANS AND MALASTARE

MON CALAMARI BATTLE

ONDERON INSURRECTION

PANTORA AND QUARZITE

LINKS TO THE FULL ARCHIVE AS INDIVIDUAL CARDS:

HERE

Edited by Kualan

Very nice, Kualan!

Definitely nicking these! :)

On 12/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, Daronil said:

Very nice, Kualan!

Definitely nicking these! :)

Glad you like 'em! I've got plans for many many more.

Another day, another page of cards:

fdfGqf0.jpg

I also updated Duchess Satine and Admiral Tarkin, amending some visual errors on the cards tweaking a couple of their stat. For example, I lowered some of Tarkin's characteristics and skills from the statblock given in Dawn of Rebellion as during the Clone Wars he is still climbing the career ladder and is not yet in a position to 'rule through fear' as he is when Grand Moff.

Edited by Kualan

Cad Bane could use some jump boots.

22 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

Cad Bane could use some jump boots.

Oops, he actually has them but it looks they got bumped out of the text box in Photoshop. It'll be fixed for the next version, thanks for the catch.

Also noticed Young Boba doesn't have the automatic Advantage listed for his Superior quality blaster pistols and Bo-Katan's dicepools were the wrong way round for Cool and Vigilance - updated as well.

Edited by Kualan

Today's new sheet of cards is mostly Bounty Hunter-themed. Shout out any errors if you catch 'em;

BgTwbfG.jpg

Edited by Kualan

Dengar should have at least two, maybe three ranks in Piloting-Planetary.

8 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

Dengar should have at least two, maybe three ranks in Piloting-Planetary.

Oh, because of his swoop-racing history from Legends? I'd forgotten about that, I'll take it under advisement.

Won't be any new cards for a couple of days - I've ordered the first batch to be printed as proper cards so I'm waiting to see how they turn out before continuing using the same workflow/template.

However I'm happy to take requests for characters to stat up in the meantime ready for when I'm making cards again. These can be individual characters or generic minion/Rival types, so long as they're from the Clone Wars era.

2 hours ago, Kualan said:

Won't be any new cards for a couple of days - I've ordered the first batch to be printed as proper cards so I'm waiting to see how they turn out before continuing using the same workflow/template.

Let us know how they turn out (and where from). @RebelDave looked into the feasibility of printing his ship cards via makeplayingcards.com, and they informed him they wouldn't do it for copyright issues. (Heck, I recently ran into Office Max/Depot not wanting to print a single cardstock page of 1"x1" head shots to punch out for tokens for that reason.)

23/12/19 Update:

I have made a scaling adjustment on all the cards made so far - this should help make the cards more print-friendly for those who want to make their own physical copies. The detail of the cards themselves are unaffected, it just gives the backgrounds/edges a wider margin to allow for trimming, etc.

I have gone back and edited all my previous posts to display the new versions.

I have also updated the first post with a download for 'Volume One' of the Clone Wars cards which consists of the 27 cards shown in this thread so far. This file has them as individual cards but you can still download the 3 x 3 grids in their individual posts.

And lastly - I got my first batch of printed cards! Very happy with how they turned out (and am glad I made the aforementioned scaling adjustments prior to doing so).

Once we're past Christmas, I'll continue working on more Clone Wars-era adversaries for you to use in your games. At the moment I am steering clear of the likes of Obi-Wan, Count Dooku and others who we know for certain will be in Rise of the Separatists but am happy to take requests for others. Some ideas for the next volume include:

Named Characters:

- Aurra Sing (N)

- Rako Hardeen (N)

- Moralo Eval (N)

- Osi Sobeck (N)

- Bric & El-Les (N)

- Robonino (R)

- Cham Syndulla (N)

- Cato Parasitti (R)

- Prime Minister Almec (N)

- Seripas (N)

- Mother Talzin (N)

Non-Named Characters:

- Muun Banker (R)

- Neimoidian Captain (R)

- Neimoidian Gunnery Battalion (M)

- Twilek Resistance Fighter (M)

- Gungan Captain (R)

- Gungan Warrior (M)

- Mandalorian Cadet (R)

- Dathomir Nightsister (R)

- Undead Dathomir Nightsister (M)

Okay I found some time to put together another 9 cards. I'm particularly interested to hear feedback on how the Old Daka / Undead Nightsister mechanics work:

yoYlD3t.jpg

Aurra Sing seems to be missing her Force powers.

10 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

Aurra Sing seems to be missing her Force powers.

I don't think we've had it confirmed that she is still Force-Sensitive in the NuCanon yet, have we? I seem to recall Filoni saying they removed that aspect of her character in TCW to avoid drawing too many similarities between her and Ventress.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:15 AM, Nytwyng said:

Let us know how they turn out (and where from). @RebelDave looked into the feasibility of printing his ship cards via makeplayingcards.com, and they informed him they wouldn't do it for copyright issues. (Heck, I recently ran into Office Max/Depot not wanting to print a single cardstock page of 1"x1" head shots to punch out for tokens for that reason.)

To be fair, I emailed them ahead of time to check that what I wanted to do was feasable (52 cards, with 52 unique fronts, and 52 unique backs) which might have tipped them off.

If you went through their automated service, they MIGHT do them (no idea if they would)... but becuase of their refusal to my query, I never actually bothered to create each card (front and back) as individual images at the time, which would be required.

Since no one has asked for individual images of each side of each card, I never really bothered doing so, for the purposes of doing this.

4 hours ago, RebelDave said:

To be fair, I emailed them ahead of time to check that what I wanted to do was feasable (52 cards, with 52 unique fronts, and 52 unique backs) which might have tipped them off.

If you went through their automated service, they MIGHT do them (no idea if they would)... but becuase of their refusal to my query, I never actually bothered to create each card (front and back) as individual images at the time, which would be required.

Since no one has asked for individual images of each side of each card, I never really bothered doing so, for the purposes of doing this.

If you want to PM me the source files I may be able to help you get your cards in individual print-friendly form. There's a couple of ideas I can think to try to automate the process in Photoshop but I'd have to wait until I'm back home from Christmas to check.

44 minutes ago, Kualan said:

If you want to PM me the source files I may be able to help you get your cards in individual print-friendly form. There's a couple of ideas I can think to try to automate the process in Photoshop but I'd have to wait until I'm back home from Christmas to check.

To be honest, I actually relayed all my cards as singular cards in Publisher, that I can then save as a PDF, and convert to PNG to get individual higequality image that I can use with another card making site to print professional cards.

While I have not done that yet (due to cost, and having lost my job) its already done, just no one has asked for them, so i never really went the whole way with them :)

As it is, I now design in a singular format, then copy them into the 8 per page format better for printing at local shops.

15 minutes ago, RebelDave said:

To be honest, I actually relayed all my cards as singular cards in Publisher, that I can then save as a PDF, and convert to PNG to get individual higequality image that I can use with another card making site to print professional cards.

While I have not done that yet (due to cost, and having lost my job) its already done, just no one has asked for them, so i never really went the whole way with them :)

As it is, I now design in a singular format, then copy them into the 8 per page format better for printing at local shops.

Well, if they exist and just no one has asked...consider this me asking. 😏

And here’s to a prosperous 2019 for you.

18 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Well, if they exist and just no one has asked...consider this me asking. 😏

And here’s to a prosperous 2019 for you.

Seconded!

Just now, Kualan said:

Seconded!

Urgh... OK... ill try and wrap my head around getting it sorted...

Thats alot of individual file renaming....

1 hour ago, RebelDave said:

Urgh... OK... ill try and wrap my head around getting it sorted...

Thats alot of individual file renaming....

It would be cool and I'd definitely use them, but don't feel any obligation to do so if it's a lot of hassle.

1 hour ago, Kualan said:

It would be cool and I'd definitely use them, but don't feel any obligation to do so if it's a lot of hassle.

Likewise.

46 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Likewise.

Alright... alright... keep an eye on my Vehicle Thread, as and when I convert the cards to individual images, ill post them as a zip file on there.... might be in small lumps to start with, and might get me in gear to try another supplier (money pending, since i lost my job)... no idea on time scales though.

Take your time, man. While I know firsthand that a necessary job hunt can be made more bearable by having a side project just for fun, take care of what needs taking care of first.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Take your time, man. While I know firsthand that a necessary job hunt can be made more bearable by having a side project just for fun, take care of what needs taking care of first.

Oh I got a new job, but it doesnt pay the bills. I would if I was mentally stable enough to do sufficient hours, but alas... life is not that fair.

Still! Life goes on, and I have my books, my imagination, and my computer. So stuff happens :)